Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I don't think those really count as Derpy cameos the same way the ones in Season 2 do on account of them not showing her face. :/ I really hope that the scripted cameos will appear at some point and that the Derpy fiasco didn't scare them off.

• Thumbs Up 2

Derpy has been spotted twice this season.

This from Episode 3 (at this very point of the episode. Check the bottom of the screen):

And Episode 2:

img-944108-1-tumblr_mdaufcMB7W1r5yhbco1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 2

We are getting a weird situation with Derpy right now, while she (let's see how much emphasis I can put in this word) "seems" to be fading away from the show she's been popping out in all the other media outside of it, the cards, the figures, the comics... You catch my drift.

It's like if they were trying to find a way to please both sides of the argument. (but we might spot her more often as it seems her latest cameos in S2 didn't cause that much of a reaction)

Anyway, to make a point of how pic worthy this episode was and how full of live Ponyville has gotten over this 2 years, here you have more pics (and this were only the ones I got to take for my review and didn't make it to the post due the image limit)

Cute:

4Fd6L.png

Super cute:

ScK0r.png

*ded* :

pN98Q.png

That moment when you realize what you have become (if you read my view you know at what point this pic was)

bzX1A.png

Ponyville's life 1: Sweetie's house, Rarity confirmed for living with pigs in her childhood:

kSIJM.png

I'm willing to suspect the burned juice is actually from her mother, since she has been teaching sweetie how to cook and the fillie didn't seem to be in any condition to make food for her daddy.

Ponyville's life 2: Foal Free Press is still running.

jjKFi.png

Ponyville's life 3: That mule keeps appearing, inb4 episode about it

GZ7Lr.png

Ponyville's life 4: They are together... So they must be lesbians!

iMA5h.png

cbBOk.png

OH WAI-

Funny1: You might want to get that checked..

9DXQA.png

Funny2: One of these have been eating more than the others.

s18Gs.png

And yeah, those are the pics I took for my review, there should be more in Derpibooru and the likes. tongue.png (as a random example, I never caught the Strawberry Shortcake-like dress)

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, I was going to post about how it's a bit too early to go all "DERPY IS DEAD!" again but I'm lazy. Didn't notice Lyra and BonBon were net to eachother. That's always nice. I wonder how many times that they were together was completely by accident and how many time was on purpose. It would be nice to see more about that mule. He's been making reoccuring appearances at every mule joke since season one. Kind of stands out in a town full of ponies(And two donkeys and a dragon and a dog and a cat and a phoenix and a owl). I wonder if the fandom has given him a name yet.

Also, posting because awesome.

Apparently the person who storyboarded this isn't making a fully animated version any time soon which kind of sucks.

Man, I really hate that I can't draw. I'd love to do stuff like this.

EDIT: You know, I really have to wonder 'what would we as a race, civilization and society to Equestria?'. I mean, thinking about it, what would multi coloured ponies who can fly or control magic or be strong really think of us blandly coloured confrontational humans? Would they look at us with respect, pity, shame, what? Now it;s stuck in my head and now I have to think about it! I mean, take a regular pony of Equestria that's not obsessed with us and what would they think of us? Our appearance, our way of life, our history, our culture, our religions, our politics, how we've evolved as a society. What would they think? Oh man, I really am going to have to think hard on this. Have you guys ever seriously thought about how we would look like to them? It's just stuck in my mind now.

EDIT #88: Speaking of animation...

This is to celebrate the milestone of 13,000 followers of Discord Whooves and is Canon to the blog,

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 4

EDIT: You know, I really have to wonder 'what would we as a race, civilization and society to Equestria?'. I mean, thinking about it, what would multi coloured ponies who can fly or control magic or be strong really think of us blandly coloured confrontational humans? Would they look at us with respect, pity, shame, what? Now it;s stuck in my head and now I have to think about it! I mean, take a regular pony of Equestria that's not obsessed with us and what would they think of us? Our appearance, our way of life, our history, our culture, our religions, our politics, how we've evolved as a society. What would they think? Oh man, I really am going to have to think hard on this. Have you guys ever seriously thought about how we would look like to them? It's just stuck in my mind now.

Holdit.gif

You can't go talking about this stuff while I'm away, that's just unfair. Because whenever there is overanalyzing about humans and ponies going on, I'll be there. Because I uncovered Equestrian intel so sensitive, so life-shattering that Princess Celestia herself banished me to the moon for it. Which is fine because it's lovely up here during this season, and apparently I can still connect to the internet. Whatever, works for me.

You see, during the "Art of the Dress" song, there exists a crucial piece of evidence that's really easy to miss. I present to you...Twilight's dress.

CENTAUROMG.jpg

So what do we have here? A crab, a lobster, a shooting star, a centaur, the man in the moon. Nothing out of the ordin- wait CENTAUR AND MAN IN THE MOON!? For a world without humans, there sure seem to be humans and variations thereof. Moreover, Twilight even mentions Orion in this bit.

Now this could be some kind of ponified version of him, sure, but since we already have a centaur and human face I'm going to guess not.

So obviously, ponies know about us. The question is, are we fact or myth to them? Myth seems to be the more probable explanation...but wait, a centaur? As in half-man, half-horse? That seems a little specific considering the dominant race here, now doesn't it? We humans don't go making up fictional animals and then combine ourselves with them, we always take an already existing animal like a horse or bull, and then make mythological creatures like centaurs and minnotaaaaaAAAURS HOLY SHIT MINOTAURS!

Iron_Will.png

THAT IS A LITERAL BULL-HUMAN HYBRID WITHIN THE SHOW ITSELF!!! Why Lyra isn't constantly bouncing around him asking for a piggy-back ride is a whole other mystery. Well, if this guy exists, then it's highly unlikely centaurs would be mere myth, unless some pony was jealous of this bull-human hybrid and wanted to apply the concept to equines

Lyra_about_to_cringe_crop_S02E25.png

That's one possibility, admittedly.

So given that minotaurs are scientific fact and centaurs are incredibly likely, this means that humans did exist at some point in this world, assuming they aren't still living in some far-off country. But if that's the case, why are we never mentioned? Ponies are perfectly happy to borrow our mythology and name their cities after our own (Manehattan, Las Pegasus, so on) but apparently they're too cool to let us mingle. But no, if we existed, they would surely let us into their society, right? They let in Iron Will, and he's way scarier then most actual humans could ever be. No, we must be extinct, because otherwise we'd still be around. Even if the race had simply left the planet, there still would have been people who refused to leave. We're ancient history now, but factual nonetheless because there's no other way to explain the existence of Iron Will, save one:

All the ponies are actually characters in a television show created by humans. But now we're getting into nutball conspiracy-theorist stuff here, so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

Worst part about going away for thanksgiving break is that I had to miss the new ponies, D:. I hope the episode is at least good. I saw the preview before I left and couldn't stand Man Seed's voice.

Also I guess I got on this thing because of my music, but I don't really know how big the place is to anyone or anything. There's quite a few musicians on there, but the dude that runs out messaged me out of the blue the other day and asked if he could put me down on it. Hope I'm starting to go places with this pony music; gives me the drive to make more and moar, <3: http://bronymusiciandirectory.blogspot.com/2012/11/wolfblur.html

New metal/electro vocal song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZACMDU11Luc

Also, I just wanted to say that I think season 3 is absolutely stellar, and very promising so far. Every episode has been extremely entertaining, and on a whole new level compared to previous seasons. I have no doubts that the season will continue to be awesome. Very excited to see what's in store for the finale.

New clip for Magic Duel. Spoilers contained within.

Also spoiler screenie.

mlpfimepisode305pic-4_3_r560.jpg

With the screenshot, I could predict the episode ending in one of two ways, but still having Trixie ultimately lose in the end. First, being that Twilight challenging Trixie again with while wearing a similar amulet and beat Trixie at her own game. Trixie becomes filled with hatred and fear that she becomes more possessed by her magic artifact causing her to lose control of her magic.

Another scenario would be the same of Twilight challenging her and beating her, but reveals that her magic artifact was a fake and was actually created by Zecora as a confidence booster. Also, a way to fool Trixie to admit that she was cheating with dark magic.

Honestly, I don't like Trixie and don't see her appeal other than speaking like she is Bob Dole. Seriously, she is just a very arrogant and annoying jerk. Though I do hope she gets redeemed and learns her lesson, having her character developed in the end other than not learning a lesson and becoming one-note villains like DT and SS are shown to be thus far.

I'm also willing to bet that this is the episode where we are promised Fluttershy turning into a dragon unless otherwise.

Edited by AdventChild

Those are some good points, Speederino.

As a fan of Trixie I am happy to see her return.

She's possessed. I'm willing to bet on it. Seriously, she is so possessed it is not even funny.

1. Her eyes going red. Obviously showing something is wrong with her.

2. "I" "Me" Uh... what happened to her third person speak? The writers are fans of the show and obviously know that people like Trxie so they obviously know that one of her defining traits is her third person speak. It's not like you can say they forgot about it either because "Great and Powerful" is directly mentioned. My guess is that whoever(*Cough* Sombra *Cough*) is possessing Trixie knows that Twi defeated her before in Ponyville but didn't know of her odd way of speaking.

3. She told Snips and Snails to shut up. I mean, yeah, you might think that it's because she's impatient and trying to offer the duel to Twi. But she was just boasting and showing off her magic. Why would she tell the two ponies cheering her on to shut up. Although it is possible that she is still pissed that they brought the Ursa Minor to Ponyville. This doesn't stand up nearly as well, admittedly but it's interesting to think about.

Those are some good points, Speederino.

As a fan of Trixie I am happy to see her return.

She's possessed. I'm willing to bet on it. Seriously, she is so possessed it is not even funny.

1. Her eyes going red. Obviously showing something is wrong with her.

2. "I" "Me" Uh... what happened to her third person speak? The writers are fans of the show and obviously know that people like Trxie so they obviously know that one of her defining traits is her third person speak. It's not like you can say they forgot about it either because "Great and Powerful" is directly mentioned. My guess is that whoever(*Cough* Sombra *Cough*) is possessing Trixie knows that Twi defeated her before in Ponyville but didn't know of her odd way of speaking.

3. She told Snips and Snails to shut up. I mean, yeah, you might think that it's because she's impatient and trying to offer the duel to Twi. But she was just boasting and showing off her magic. Why would she tell the two ponies cheering her on to shut up. Although it is possible that she is still pissed that they brought the Ursa Minor to Ponyville. This doesn't stand up nearly as well, admittedly but it's interesting to think about.

That, or she took a severe level in Jerkass.

I just got finished watching the clip and I'm really excited for this episode! Trixie looks meaner than ever! This an episode I'm really looking forward to seeing!

With the screenshot, I could predict the episode ending in one of two ways, but still having Trixie ultimately lose in the end. First, being that Twilight challenging Trixie again with while wearing a similar amulet and beat Trixie at her own game. Trixie becomes filled with hatred and fear that she becomes more possessed by her magic artifact causing her to lose control of her magic.

Another scenario would be the same of Twilight challenging her and beating her, but reveals that her magic artifact was a fake and was actually created by Zecora as a confidence booster. Also, a way to fool Trixie to admit that she was cheating with dark magic.

Honestly, I don't like Trixie and don't see her appeal other than speaking like she is Bob Dole. Seriously, she is just a very arrogant and annoying jerk. Though I do hope she gets redeemed and learns her lesson, having her character developed in the end other than not learning a lesson and becoming one-note villains like DT and SS are shown to be thus far.

I'm also willing to bet that this is the episode where we are promised Fluttershy turning into a dragon unless otherwise.

It wouldn't surprise me if either scenario came true, although I'm hoping they do something different since these two scenarios have been done before. One scenario I had in mind that may happen is the amulet Trixie is wearing was stolen from Zecora thinking it would help her not knowing it's full power when the amulet was design for some other purpose.

Wow! I never knew her character from Turnabout Storm would be adopted into the show! *shot* Seriously though,. her first person dialogue being used in the next episode is interesting and I wonder what the writers had planned for character this time around.

Wow! I never knew her character from Turnabout Storm would be adopted into the show! *shot* Seriously though,. her first person dialogue being used in the next episode is interesting and I wonder what the writers had planned for character this time around.

Even in the canon of the show, from what we've seen of Trixie, it's just unlike her. She only referred to herself in the first person two times in Boast Busters. Both when she had her only humble moments and was admitting she wasn't as great as she said and she never defeated an Ursa major. Other than that, both performing and not, she is speaking of herself in the third person. Now here she is, back and more powerful and confident than ever, showing off by messing with Twi's friends yet she refers to herself as "I" and "Me". Considering Boast Busters, it would just makes sense that if she had the upper ground and confidence that she did here and was showing off again, that she would be back to being all grandiose and referring to herself as the "Great and Powerful Trrrrixie!". But she's not and that just strikes me as odd. I mean, her only moment of speaking in the first person was when she didn't have the upper ground, when she wasn't able to show off. Now she can again and she's not?

So who else liked the comic preview at the bottom of the article the clip was posted on?

podponies.jpg

Invasion of the Bosy Snatchers reference apparently. How fitting.

Also the SECOND best variant cover!

17-5aa93b09fc.jpg

Also Derpy.

18-250f10e87e.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Has anyone here seen that popular short Japanese animated series called "There She Is !!"? That new Babs Seed song (which is pretty cool I think) sounds really similar to this I noticed haha

• Thumbs Up 3

That alicorn amulet is finally canon.

The episode looks months worth waiting.

Season 3 Episode 7

Air Date: December 15

Synopsis: Rainbow Dash receives an invitation to attend the Wonderbolt Academy but questions whether she is Wonderbolt material.

I checked out the first four episodes of MLP as part of a school project.

I must admit I didn't really see what the fuss was about.

It's lighthearted and humorous and everything, but it's not something I can really get into.

Coming from the furry fandom, I know all too well about the Bronies' prominence and the resulting backlash. On another community I'm part of, I've actually started using Rainbow Blitz avatars and inserting MLP characters into the games I GM so as to troll the haters. I can understand if one doesn't like it, but declaring a "War on Ponies" is just crazy.

I checked out the first four episodes of MLP as part of a school project.

I must admit I didn't really see what the fuss was about.

It's lighthearted and humorous and everything, but it's not something I can really get into.

It's one of those that grows on you. I'd seen the first 11 episodes because some friends made me watch it as I was trying to desperately avoid it because I knew I'd probably end up liking it,but after 11 I liked it a bit. However, I could have easily never watched it again, until I was bored one Sunday afternoon and then I blitzed through the rest of Season 1 and the entirety of Season 2 in just a few days...

That alicorn amulet is finally canon.

The episode looks months worth waiting.

Season 3 Episode 7

Air Date: December 15

Synopsis: Rainbow Dash receives an invitation to attend the Wonderbolt Academy but questions whether she is Wonderbolt material.

> Saved Equestria about three times

> Performed the Sonic Rainboom three times

> Saved the Wonderbolts

> Won the Young Fliers Competition

> Saved Soarin's pie

Yeah, she is definitely NOT Wonderbolt material.

RD: I'll start my own Wonderbolts! With Blackjack and Hookers!

Though it'll probably like the ep Sonic Rainboom where she is just incredibly nervous about not doing well in front of the Wonderbolts. Or that she has trouble working with others during paired or group stunts that her ego gets in the way and/or just mess things up. She'll probably have self doubts and think about joining some other time, taking more time to prepare. Unless it goes the whole "You're a Wonderbolt now and you might leave Ponyville and not see your friends for a long time so you might to decide between them or us" kinda thing.

• Thumbs Up 4

> Saved Equestria about three times

> Performed the Sonic Rainboom three times

> Saved the Wonderbolts

> Won the Young Fliers Competition

> Saved Soarin's pie

Yeah, she is definitely NOT Wonderbolt material.

RD: I'll start my own Wonderbolts! With Blackjack and Hookers!

Though it'll probably like the ep Sonic Rainboom where she is just incredibly nervous about not doing well in front of the Wonderbolts. Or that she has trouble working with others during paired or group stunts that her ego gets in the way and/or just mess things up. She'll probably have self doubts and think about joining some other time, taking more time to prepare. Unless it goes the whole "You're a Wonderbolt now and you might leave Ponyville and not see your friends for a long time so you might to decide between them or us" kinda thing.

Yeah, i'm miffed about that too... (though saving Equestria 2 times hardly counts in the flying department)

But I'm not sure if I'd get this version of the events or see a different one when she is all confident in her skills... Only to get backlash from the fans for being so arrogant despite all the evidence there is about her being one of the best flyers on Equestria (probably THE best flyer). :V

Actually, now that I think about it, I say we are most likely getting a scenario where Dash doesn't think she can win because there is always someone better. (despite that the evidence of the show might suggest the contrary.... Eh... I'm not Dash's psychologist or anything like that *shrug*)

EDIT: Oh, look at this... EP9 synopsis!

Season 3 Episode 9

Apple Family Reunion

Synopsis: Granny Smith agrees to let Applejack lead the Apple Family reunion but Applejack loses sight of what is truly important.

So, Applejack might be trying to make everything go smooth (maybe acting like Rarity) episode? I might enjoy this... Because reasons...

parentsaredeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Also, there is either a derp in Zap2it or EP 8 is out of order... Hmm... Has anyone made a creepypasta of this lost episode yet? Maybe it's the episode about DEATH!

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaad

Well, yeah, I've been busy last week and I have nothing else to post today so I'm bored... Deal with me.

EDIT: Thanks to Advent for pointing me this, yes, it would be more like Twilight.

Edited by gato

EDIT: Oh, look at this... EP9 synopsis!

Season 3 Episode 9

Apple Family Reunion

Synopsis: Granny Smith agrees to let Applejack lead the Apple Family reunion but Applejack loses sight of what is truly important.

So, Applejack might be trying to make everything go smooth (maybe acting like Rarity) episode? I shall enjoy this... For reasons...

parentsaredeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Also, there is either a derp in Zap2it or EP 8 is out of order... Hmm... Has anyone made a creepypasta of this lost episode yet? Maybe it's the episode about DEATH!

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaad

Well, yeah, I've been busy last week and I have nothing else to post today so I'm bored... Deal with me.

An Applejack episode? Like in a episode starring the best pony? Maybe with a song? BUCK YEAH!...

But since it's Applejack we're talking about, probably this will be the episode where Time Turner/Lyra/Bonbon/insertbackgroundponynamehere will talk for, like, 1 minute. And THAT will take the attention away from AJ.

Edited by Azure Nald
  • Thumbs Up 2