Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Screenshot from the preview clips.

150224__safe_princess-celestia_horse_spoiler-s3unknown_horses.jpg

Looking at these horses again, I don;t think they're actually as jarring as I first thought they were.

What episode is this?

Tornado, what is happening, it's like I take one look at your avatar and sig and my pants tightened some how, D:

You say that like it's a bad thi- OHMIGOD DID I JUST SAY THAT

• Thumbs Up 7

Something is bugging me; Does anyone besides me feel that they mix up Truth with Honesty?

In a way yes, but this seems to be mostly because of fan misinterpretation. Simply because AJ is the element of "Honesty" a lot of people she this as meaning AJ can NEVER, EVER lie without breaking character. The problem is that the EOH traits are just the strongest aspects of the pony's character but not the absolute defining factor to all their actions. The mane 6 are well rounded and fallible so like a normal person when they are put in awkward or stressful situations they are prone to acting against their usual behavior.

Back to AJ, while she definitely values honesty more that the other 5 ponies she isn't blind to that fact that their situations where the truth isn't the best option(see Party of Of One, Crystal Empire). Also her honesty isn't really what defines her EoH, it seems more like part of her general need to be seen as trustworthy and dependable. Even back in the Mare in the Moon episode AJ's words to Twilight when she fell off the cliff weren't a reflection of honesty(lying wouldn't have served any benefit to either them) but her need to have Twilight trust and depend on her.

tl;dr- AJ doesn't have truth serum for blood, she just values being trustworthy and dependable the most of the main six but understands when she has to break those rules for the greater good.

• Thumbs Up 2

In a way yes, but this seems to be mostly because of fan misinterpretation. Simply because AJ is the element of "Honesty" a lot of people she this as meaning AJ can NEVER, EVER lie without breaking character. The problem is that the EOH traits are just the strongest aspects of the pony's character but not the absolute defining factor to all their actions. The mane 6 are well rounded and fallible so like a normal person when they are put in awkward or stressful situations they are prone to acting against their usual behavior.

Back to AJ, while she definitely values honesty more that the other 5 ponies she isn't blind to that fact that their situations where the truth isn't the best option(see Party of Of One, Crystal Empire). Also her honesty isn't really what defines her EoH, it seems more like part of her general need to be seen as trustworthy and dependable. Even back in the Mare in the Moon episode AJ's words to Twilight when she fell off the cliff weren't a reflection of honesty(lying wouldn't have served any benefit to either them) but her need to have Twilight trust and depend on her.

tl;dr- AJ doesn't have truth serum for blood, she just values being trustworthy and dependable the most of the main six but understands when she has to break those rules for the greater good.

Maybe they should do a retcon, and make it the Element of Trust instead. And while we are on the subject...

What would you have personally called the Element of Magic, if it were up to you? Anyone can answer this question if they want.

Edited by Malpercio

Finally got around to watching the Season 3 premiere since I was out of town during the time it aired, but anyway, here are my thoughts:

Overall, I thought it good two parter thought not as good as Season 2's two parter opener. One gripe I do have is that I felt the villain was weak and not as involved as Discord was in Season 2's premere. And is it me or did Cadence's voice sound a bit off during the first part of the episode? I know she was weak and all, but it sounded kind of deep there. It did get better later on though.

Anyway, the music was just fantastic. Daniel Ingram really pulled out all the stops for this one! The animation was fantastic too, and those magic abilities displayed by both Celestia and Twilight were just damn...! It was nice to see Spike shine as well. Pinkie Pie in that Fluttershy suit killed me and I thought it was probably one of the funniest scenes to come out of the series.

Both Luna and Celestia talking about a destiny for Twilight is interesting and something I'm curious to see how it unfolds. There's no doubt that Twilight will be involved in something big due to the hints being given out.

If anyone has the Gameloft game, add me I'm TriforceBrony (if this name exchange already happened I missed it)

Too Many Pinkie Pie's G1 mirror.

Mythology Gag:

• The use of a magic mirror pond to create clones is similar to the idea of the G1 comics' baby ponies being "born" from adult ponies who would look into a magic mirror

Edited by Applejack1973

If anyone has the Gameloft game, add me I'm TriforceBrony (if this name exchange already happened I missed it)

lol I came here just to say this too

I'll add you...if anyone else wants to add me I'm Seraphinprincess on Gameloft Live

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey look what I got.

Snapshot_20121113_1.jpg

Came with a Vinyl Scratch Poster, A giant Adventure Time/Hello Kitty Bag, and a fake mustache.

I also bought Paper Mario, a Classic Sonic plushie, and a Lyra toy today.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 6

Found this, possible idea for the episode Trixie's returning in and some stuff about the premiere, so spoilers. Seems pretty plausible to me. (Warning: image is pretty big.)

htQRO.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4