Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that I don't want any humans to ever appear in MLP:FiM or even get mentioned. I feel like it'd ruin the atmosphere of the show because of the way Equestria is set up, with ponies being the prominent species. There have been no signs of humans thus far, so throwing them in would just feel awkward. Heck, I don't even like this fanon idea of Lyra being fixated with humans, 'cause the idea of them being mythical beings just doesn't work for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that I don't want any humans to ever appear in MLP:FiM or even get mentioned.

Well, they kind of already have been mentioned indirectly, what with the centaur constellation and all. In regards to the rest of your post, I don't want humans in the show, but I'm fine with it in the fandom. It makes for some damn entertaining material, like Through the Eyes of Another Pony.

Seriously people, go read that. Now.

NOW!

I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that I don't want any humans to ever appear in MLP:FiM or even get mentioned. I feel like it'd ruin the atmosphere of the show because of the way Equestria is set up, with ponies being the prominent species. There have been no signs of humans thus far, so throwing them in would just feel awkward. Heck, I don't even like this fanon idea of Lyra being fixated with humans, 'cause the idea of them being mythical beings just doesn't work for me.

I agree with this except for Lyra's Human obsession. I never really liked how there were humans in the g1 cartoons playing big roles. I dunno, if they were to add humans into the mix as of now, it'd just feel very forced. Though I think the creators confirmed that they'd never add humans into the show.

Though I certainly don't mind them being mentioned as a myth, kinda like how unicorns and pegasi are mythical creatures to us. that's just me though.

The idea of humans living in harmony with talking sentient horses is unrealistic even for a cartoon since they can barely live in harmony with themselves.

I also don't want to ruin the mythical atmosphere of the show. It was bad enough with Sonic's human world introduction and I don't want an MLP version of Chris Thorndick

Edited by Prince Solaris

Well, your feelings are wrong! >:U

I mean, you are in an ample majority, whoever references humanity here is most likely playing along with the Lyra joke.

Which I find rather funny just for the role reversal of the fantastic and mythological creature wanting to uncover the (relatively speaking) incredibly dull and ordinary human.

But back in the more relevant topic... Yes! Equestria has human constellations which means it's position in the universe is suspiciously similar to that of our planet, not only that but if you will believe whatever Puddinghead spills the planet is also called after our own, the planet has 1 moon like ours and some countries are suspiciously named after our own too, we didn't only see Centaurs in dresses and constellations but we also have seen living Minotaurs (that are also half human). I don't remember seeing any monkey though. >_>

Yeah...

I call parallel universe, just replace cowboy hatted versions of us with ponies and we are good to go! :U

I don't want humans in the show, but I'm fine with it in the fandom. It makes for some damn entertaining material, like Through the Eyes of Another Pony.

Seriously people, go read that. Now.

NOW!

I've hear many things about that story... And none of them are good.

Eh, I'll probably check it sooner or later for whenever Sweetie Chronicles decides to visit that place (and I can bet it will).

Edited by gato

I've hear many things about that story... And none of them are good.

Eh, I'll probably check it sooner or later for whenever Sweetie Chronicles decides to visit that place (and I can bet it will).

(Warning: Don't read this post if you don't care about fanfiction).

WHAT!? I found this through TV Tropes with glowing recommendations, and even the comments section is filled with glowing recommendations. I too give super glowing recommendation.

Alright, serious time. Let me put it this way: despite my previous dislike of all fanfiction being shattered, I am still more critical than the average person. I've tried out popular fics and had to stop reading after just a few paragraphs because they were so bad. So I didn't want to read this, because...well, come on. It's a blatant self-insert fic complete with the author being turned into a pony and having a romance with an established character. Yes, it sounds terrible. But this author actually knows what the crap he's doing. His self-insert character isn't some chosen hero who is destined to save Equestria and forever change the lives of the mane 6. Hell, he doesn't even get a name for quite some time.

Really, this story is more of a comedy that pokes fun at self-insert fics, or at least in the early chapters. By the time things start getting more serious, the main character is more then likable enough to carry the story. Even the romance feels genuine and believable once it rears its usually ugly head.

WHAT!? I found this through TV Tropes with glowing recommendations, and even the comments section is filled with glowing recommendations. I too give super glowing recommendation.

Alright, serious time. Let me put it this way: despite my previous dislike of all fanfiction being shattered, I am still more critical than the average person. I've tried out popular fics and had to stop reading after just a few paragraphs because they were so bad. So I didn't want to read this, because...well, come on. It's a blatant self-insert fic complete with the author being turned into a pony and having a romance with an established character. Yes, it sounds terrible. But this author actually knows what the crap he's doing. His self-insert character isn't some chosen hero who is destined to save Equestria and forever change the lives of the mane 6. Hell, he doesn't even get a name for quite some time.

Really, this story is more of a comedy that pokes fun at self-insert fics, or at least in the early chapters. By the time things start getting more serious, the main character is more then likable enough to carry the story. Even the romance feels genuine and believable once it rears its usually ugly head.

Hmmm... I actually love self insert fics if they're well written and deconstructs itself. Though only thing keeping me from reading this is the romance. Even if it is well written, OCxOffical romance rubs me the wrong way just as much as mane six shipping.

Hi! I'm gato, have we ever met? :V

TV Tropes glowing recommendations have led me to some places I'd rather not go again, just saying.

I've heard pretty much the same things, except for the last part, that moment when things get serious is where most people I've read says the fic took a nosedive into the jaws of a flying tiger shark with lasers attached to it's sides*.

I said I'll give it a chance anyway (after all, people said the same about Vinyl Scratch Tapes... lol) but I have a tendency to go against the current in a lot of things, that's how I've earned my title of soulless worse pony according some people.

*Might be an exaggeration

Edited by gato

Even if it is well written, OCxOffical romance rubs me the wrong way just as much as mane six shipping.

Perfectly understandable, but if it's any consolation it is *very* well written and actually seems rather believable. And it doesn't come in until later in the story, so you can safely read the first several chapters without fear tongue.png By the time it came in, I was actually rather open to the idea.

Maybe I should also note that the author makes a point to say that the main character stopped being a self-insert by the 6th or 7th chapter. So at least he's not literally imagining himself falling in love with a pony.

Hi! I'm gato, have we ever met? :V

Who?

I kid, I kid.

TV Tropes glowing recommendations have led me to some places I'd rather not go again, just saying.

Likewise. As I said, I've run into some rather...spotty "good" fanfics. But for the most part, I trust TV Tropes far more then, say, pulling a rondom fic out of Fanfiction.net. wacko.png

I've heard pretty much the same things, except for the last part, that moment when things get serious is where most people I've read says the fic took a nosedive into the jaws of a flying tiger shark with lasers attached to it's sides*.

I said I'll give it a chance anyway (after all, people said the same about Vinyl Scratch Tapes... lol) but I have a tendency to go against the current in a lot of things, that's how I've earned my title of soulless worse pony according some people.

*Might be an exaggeration

Well, to be fair, I haven't finished reading this yet. But I've been enjoying the more serious stuff so far. And he never loses sight that this is technically a comedy fic.

*Suddenly realizes Spike has never once had any kind of actual song. At all*

That really does need to be fixed. By the way, the second one doesn't seem to be working. Can't tell if it's a temporary thing or if there's something up with the link.

22209548.jpg

NOOOOOOO!!! ANYPONY BUT THAT LITTLE BRAT!!! D:

XD

Hmmm... Most of Spikes episodes didn't do much for me (With the exception of Dragon Quest) but hey, I'm all for more Spike episodes next season, and here's to hoping he gets his own song, or at least a part of a song.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

I believe Applejack1973 was trying to link to this post.

"But I wanted to say‪ Fluttershy is great because of the unbelievably awesome thing she does in Season 3"

Edited by Unknownlight

Caution: This post contains immeasurable amounts of adorableness in which you might die from. Open spoiler tag at your own risk.

177785+-+animated+filly+twilight_sparkle+vector+wondering.gif

• Thumbs Up 7

The idea of humans living in harmony with talking sentient horses is unrealistic even for a cartoon since they can barely live in harmony with themselves.

I don't follow. Yes, humanity is rife with problems, but ponies aren't?

I'm not arguing for humans in the show, but the idea that ponies live in some utopian society that clearly eclipses human morality and harmony is just silly.

These talking horses aren't so harmonious either. So far, in the show, we've seen ponies engage in the following:

- Going mad with power (Luna)

- Lying about one's accomplishments (Trixie)

- Xenophobia (Bridle Gossip)

- Bullying (Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon; Later, the Cloudsdale bullies; Twilight's childhood bullies)

- Cheating (Applejack and Rainbow Dash in Fall Weather Friends)

- Petty jealousy (Green Isn't Your Color)

- Casually taking the buffaloes' land without even asking (Over A Barrel)

- Completely snapping due to lack of love (Pinkie in Party of One; Fluttershy in Best Night Ever)

- Snobbery (Jet Set and Upper Crust)

- Unscrupulous business practices (Flim Flam Brothers, The merchants raising their prices to cheat Fluttershy)

- Laughing at a donkey for being bald (All of Ponyville)

- Tabloid gossip magazines (Ponyville Confidential)

- Larceny (MMMystery on the Friendship Express)

You'll notice I left out things like kidnapping (Diamond Dogs) and other major villainous offenses for non-pony characters.

My point is that, since these ponies are intelligent, sentient creatures, they are going to share humanity's flaws. That's what separates us from animals in the first place: Our intelligence. Close that gap, and ponies are now accountable to the same societal and moral expectations; And the show's demonstrated that they really fare no better than we do.

These creatures, though they are magical ponies, are still "human" in the sense that they're flawed. And that's precisely what makes them interesting, so I wouldn't have it any other way.

Again, not saying I want humans on the show though; I've always liked human characters in Sonic (Since they've always been around, in the form of Eggman at least), but the show's gone two seasons without them, and in this case it'd be jarring to suddenly have them appear.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 7

I don't know if this has been posted before (I'm not in this topic much) but I figured anyone who liked ponies might get a kick out of this Unicorn Poop recipe (in tasty sugar cookie form)

Unicorn-Poop.jpg

It's the perfect snack to bring to your next pony gathering !

• Thumbs Up 2

I believe Applejack1973 was trying to link to this post.

"But I wanted to say‪ Fluttershy is great because of the unbelievably awesome thing she does in Season 3"

dogmadnit! spoilers! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuu

jk, Fluttershy always does things like that, that's why she is favorite pone.

Anyway...

xGanj.png

"Breaking the routine" edition.

My Little Alicorn:

So...

I'm finding quite hard to channel Luna here, but other than that everything goes great.

It seems like this is also the chapter every single main character had a little breakdown, from Luna, Celly, Shinning, Douche, the group of foals whose names I could remember if this would get updated more frequently. :V

All we are missing is Cadence and whoever Luna is inviting (kinda pointing towards Rarity but I wouldn't mind an OC that gives Douche more back story).

The Vinyl Scratch Tapes: (Completed! Again!)

>Super serious situation

>Potential for drama off the charts

>Add alcohol and make Trixie a lightweight

>Profit?

And indeed, this turned out to be more hilarious than... er... Significant I guess would be the word?

I'm not sure if I like the way everything got solved, the story spends 2 or 3 chapters trying to makes us feel bad for Douche and turning him into a significant antagonist but just like that he has an epiphany of sorts and thanks to a little help of the magic juice and Vinyl confessing they are not so different he suddenly feels like stop being a douche for once and make something good with his resources, he somehow manages to become a more likable character in the public's eye after this (which makes me wonder why his other attempts at this didn't work... He attempted this before did he?).

Vinyl's reformation already made me cringe in chapter 4, more for the fact that Trixie went ahead and screamed at everyone for being hypocrites and the rest of them pretty much ignoring her... Then all this hate Trixie has towards the mane characters kind of disappear after Douche decided to turn a new leaf (which I think it's the right thing to do, but I felt it was a little anticlimatic... Actually... The whole second half of season 2 kind of felt that way).

Of course, this were my initial reactions, after munching it for a while and still thinking the whole Douche having a harder time than Vinyl thing I started to realize that Vinyl never liked the idea of being watched as a bad pony, the moment Luna chews her out for mistreating her nephew she suffers because of it... Douche in the other hand doesn't seem to feel anything towards any of his previous actions and remains like that until he hits his lowest point in this show and has ponies close to him to point about this actions, he doesn't gain his redemption until the moment he actually means it (or at least I can guess it goes like this, since I don't know how his previous attempts were), Vinyl got off pretty easily because the moment she realized she was doing something bad she felt bad about it. (I mean, we had a whole episode dedicated to trying to convince her she was a good pony)

Of course, the rest of the thing still felt kind of anticlimactic and I missed the humor at points, but at least I could make sense of things... And hey! All is well at the end and there is room for more episodes to come (maybe with or without any big arc in the middle, something tells me Lyra and Trixie's little sideshows might go this way)! Now give me an interview with IRON WILL! >:U

Rating: 5 Stars

The Mailmare:

154538%20-%20a_billion_hours_in_ms_paint%20Cadence%20Hubble%20season_2%20shining_armor%20spoilers%20wat.png

Well... This chapter happened.

It's hilarious as usual and I'd still recommend anyone to read it but there is a little disgusting detail you might want to be aware about...

So... Derpy and Trixie get to taste meat here... And they enjoy it... And of coruse, Luna being the only sane one at the table right now doesn't like this one single bit... Or at least that's what I'm making you think.

You see, you might want to defend Luna for feeling moral about ponies enjoying the meat. But apparently she has no problems about the fact that she was the one who sent a sheep to get killed and cooked in order to be served to Derpy, all of this just to prove a point and mess up with them...

I used to think Luna was the sane one but something tells me the night princess lost her mind a looong time ago in this story...

I'll probably have to re read it later to try to find the exact moment this happened. >_>

Order and Chaos: (Completed!)

I don't really find this story so remarkable, but if there is something I should give it credit for is to give one of the most plausible back stories to the whole Discord thing.

And I'm not talking about the abstract concepts of Order and Chaos being brought to live and wipe almost all of the pony civilization with it.

I'm talking about the Dearen thing, corruption of a formerly good guy is one of the most played tropes out there and while this one wasn't particularly well pulled it still made me feel that other than making Discord evil from the very beginning this one is pretty much the closest thing I could see to an origin story. (that doesn't go too much into the grimdark territory, while the first part wasn't that good, the slow transformation from Dearen to Discord was quite interesting).

It's like those fics that dealt with Fluttershy trying to be assertive before Putting Your Hoof Down, they weren't the best ones out there but they played with an interest concept, while I'm not sure about how would I feel about Discord being an Alicorn the idea of a good guy going god of chaos on us in a show like this is... Interesting to say the least.

*not rated*

The Third Generation:

I forgot this one existed. ohmy.png

I feel kind of disappointed because it's been a while and hardly anything happened, other than Kimono's appearance and adding yet another question to the pile of riddles this whole village existence carries.there is not a lot.

Of course, Minty joins back with the group but we have seen this coming for a while and it wasn't so much of an emotional scene for me.

Se yeah, not a lot to talk about this one.

An Earth Pony's Guide to Magic:

Another one that took a while to update. ohmy.png

And another one where there is not a lot to talk about, it seems like we are still doing the introductions and we are going to get a main story relating Star Swirl and Fluttershy, this is interesting but it might take a while until this happens.

Annnd I guess that's it for today, not a lot going on in the pony side of things for me, and it will get even more passive as the week goes on...

In fact, I'd also want to use this space to let you know that for reasons that are totally under my control there is a big chance that the sixth episode of The Playlist will be postponed indefinitely (more likely 1 week), and the same goes for the next Fanfiction Time.

So I'm not sure when it's going to be, but for the next fanfic post I'll try to talk to you guys about Brazil's flag, the long journey of love, the even more long journey of being immortal, the journey of a HiE suffering from racism and the journey of a pony with herself.

ps: Steve is best sea pony.

Edited by gato

If the mane six of was able to receive fan mail from our world, who do you think would have the most fanmail?

My random thought of the day :3

Edited by Enigmatus

And now for something completely different.

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-winter-wrap-up-with-spiderman.gif

You know what, I think I'll take a page from gato and just compile all this stuff I find in single posts. I seem to be doing this a lot lately.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

So yeah I encountered my first Brony (Well he might not because he didn't claim he was I didn't ask, but he must like the show somewhat) pretty big deal seeing as I live "up North", nothing big really.

I was on a train and he was sitting on the floor reading a book and I just out of the corner of my eye I caught his big it was ordinary looking shoulder bag beige but it had Twilight Sparkle on it and it said "Read Books" and I had look a few times to see if I wasn't, you know seeing shit.

I didn't say anything, looked like your typical University (Maybe College doubt it though) student I know he wasn't a high school student because he would have to some balls to wear a bag like, you would get castrated if was my school and probably would had a uniform.

As I looked after the third time he moved it onto to his lap I think he felt uncomfortable, I kinda felt bad I didn't mean to make him feel like that, I didn't say anything or express anything apart from a polite smile, but the way I see it if you are going to display something like that in public you should at least be aware that people might be a bit curious or aware of it.

So now I know that they are amongst us!blink.png

^Joke by the way.

I didn't say anything, looked like your typical University (Maybe College doubt it though) student I know he wasn't a high school student because he would have to some balls to wear a bag like, you would get castrated if was my school and probably would had a uniform.

• Thumbs Up 1