Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

NOOOOOOOOOO

A moment of silence for such a big place of pony art and comics.

Shit. I always killed time looking for fanart there. Guess I'll have to find another site.

Guys... Derpibooru is actually pretty damn good. And as soon as things get settled in, I think it will be a lot better than PB ever was. I has a lot more options and settings, and is laid out much better.

Though, a lot of the stuff probably won't make the crossover, so if you want to keep stuff you better save it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh yeah. I forgot that it was the BEST episode.

I just don't understand that! I honestly can not comprehend it. Why is it the best episode!? There are so many better episodes! Lesson Zero, Ticket Master, the pilot episodes, Return To Harmony, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Party Of One, A Dog and Pony Show... the list goes on. I'm sorry, I just get a little annoyed when something gets praise it doesn't (IMO) deserve. Same with stuff that gets negativity it doesn't necessarily deserve (*cough* Sonic 4: Ep. 1 *cough*).

But I've noticed something about the villains in this show: the only reason they are defeated is because they don't take the Mane 6's threat seriously. If either Discord or Chrysalis would've taken a more active role in stopping the thing that defeated them then they could've won! So it's not necessarily that the ponies are more powerful, it's that the villains are overconfident!

I just don't understand that! I honestly can not comprehend it. Why is it the best episode!?

Ummm...I think you might have missed the point of Tornado's post tongue.png

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ummm...I think you might have missed the point of Tornado's post tongue.png

blink.png Yes, yes I did.

But my point still stands; why does everyone like it so much!?

Edited by Grimchi3f

Because people have opinions? tongue.png What's so bad about people considering it their favorite?

I know, I'm just wondering what people see in it.

I just don't understand that! I honestly can not comprehend it. Why is it the best episode!? There are so many better episodes! Lesson Zero, Ticket Master, the pilot episodes, Return To Harmony, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Party Of One, A Dog and Pony Show... the list goes on. I'm sorry, I just get a little annoyed when something gets praise it doesn't (IMO) deserve. Same with stuff that gets negativity it doesn't necessarily deserve (*cough* Sonic 4: Ep. 1 *cough*).

Eh... I think the pilot episodes, the Speedy Cider, and A Dog and Pony Show weren't that great, overall. Not terrible mind you, but don't think they're the greatest, average at best. I actually don't see what's so great about them, but whatever, I let them love it instead of dwelling on it.

Though I did love Lesson Zero, Feeling Pinkie Keen (Which is an episode gets a lot of hate interestingly enough,) and Party of one, and thought Ticket Master and Return to Harmony were pretty good (Despite the latter having a shout out at the end that was as painfully obvious as Family Guy's shout outs, XD) I'm not really attacking you, so don't worry.

Admittedly, I may have gotten a bit worked over about all the praise Discord gets on my previous post, but really I simply just shared my opinion. I don't like getting annoyed over what others like.

Don't get so worked up over a little show, that can't be healthy. tongue.png

As for why the two parter gets so much praise... I think Pinkamena sums up my thoughts on it perfectly:

I personally like the Canterlot Wedding over Return of Harmony too. First off, because there are songs. The music numbers are one of my favorite things about this show, particularly because of how they're actually good, and I can't tell you how disappointed I was when Discord didn't get his own song, when something like that seems right up his alley.

Second, because I enjoy Shining Armor and Cadance despite them coming completely out of nowhere. I'm especially fond of Cadance, because I find her design rather appealing and adorable. SA and Cadance both seem like they could be incredibly fun characters to write, and I will be very disappointed if we don't ever see them again.

Third, Changelings are fucking awesome. Their designs look cool and rather menacing, and I find the general idea of shape-shifting creatures that feed off certain emotions interesting and another fun idea to work with (and from the fics that I'm reading currently, people are definitely having fun with it).

Fourth, I enjoy a lot of the subtle visual gags in the Canterlot Wedding, more than I do the not-so-subtle ones in Return of Harmony. Particularly the times when Applejack puts on her hat when Rarity isn't looking.

So yeah. There you go.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Just wondering, does anyone know of any good brony forums to hang out on that has no association with 4chan? I love this topic to death, but I would also love to have an entire forum dedicated to the subject. biggrin.png

Just wondering, does anyone know of any good brony forums to hang out on that has no association with 4chan? I love this topic to death, but I would also love to have an entire forum dedicated to the subject. biggrin.png

This one's alright

http://www.friendshipismagic.org/forum/

Edited by Prince Solaris

Eh... I think the pilot episodes, the Speedy Cider, and A Dog and Pony Show weren't that great, overall.

Speedy Cider, Party Of One and Lesson Zero are some of my all time favorites.

I like Feeling Pinkie Keen too.

This one's alright

I'm in there too.

I liked uhh the wedding one better than return to harmony too. Actually I got so bored watching return to harmony I kinda stopped watching and went on my laptop.

It might just be because I'm a fan of the broadway style musical numbers (hello At the Gala best. song. ever. [next to The Art of the Dress haha])

• Thumbs Up 2

May I have your attention please!

[media=]

As a random Brony on the internet, I hereby declare this to be the official Brony Theme Song!

Edited by Sweecrue
  • Thumbs Up 3

I liked uhh the wedding one better than return to harmony too. Actually I got so bored watching return to harmony I kinda stopped watching and went on my laptop.

It might just be because I'm a fan of the broadway style musical numbers (hello At the Gala best. song. ever. [next to The Art of the Dress haha])

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh... I think the pilot episodes, the Speedy Cider, and A Dog and Pony Show weren't that great, overall. Not terrible mind you, but don't think they're the greatest, average at best.

But but but but but but...

[media=]

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

May I have your attention please!

[media=]

As a random Brony on the internet, I hereby declare this to be the official Brony Theme Song!

God I love Random Encounters. Seriously.

Thanks, I'll start lurking there for a bit to see what it's like ph34r.png

Man, this summer slump is killing me. I need my pony fix!

In the meantime, I'm trying to enter the brony music scene. I used to compose songs in the past, so leave it to ponies to get my creativity pumping again. Currently have the instrumentals of two tracks done, and I'm in the process of having a few interested singers and a lead guitarist record tests.

Well, time to work on music for the rest of the day until "Stay Brony My Friends" comes on.

• Thumbs Up 1

But but but but but but...

Okay, funny scene Rarity being purposely annoying...(I used to hate her back then, so I didn't really appreciate this scene as much.) But man, do I hate the Diamond Dogs and their Gollum sounding voices. Worst villains in the series, IMO.

[media=]

That wasn't character development, that was something Applejack already knew!!! >=( *lolwhinyfanboynitpicking*

Seriously though, I was mostly disappointed that Applejack once again was cast into the background by the Flim Flam brothers and everyone else. I need more Applejack, damn it! Plus watching it again, the alcoholic references weren't as funny as the first time.

EDIT: Though thinking about it, I probably like this episode more than I thought. The Flim Flam Brothers were pretty great as villains. *Shrugs*

I never said I hated them though, there are worse episodes that I wont be mentioning because everyone probably knows what I'm talking about.

Whaddya know, I too love the songs for the Broadway/Disney style they go for! Even when I didn't like the show (When i started) I still thought At the Gala was pretty damn impressive. Of course, I'm sure a lot of other fans have their similar reasons for loving the songs in the show.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

I was just re-watching Suited for Success for the first time in a year and I noticed something rather unexpected and would like to over-analyze the shit out of it. DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

CENTAUROMG.jpg

So, Equestria's constellations are apparently the same as ours, including the ones that are humans. Well...centaur in this case, but STILL! And just a few seconds before this, Twilight talks about Orion.

HOW DID HUMAN-SHAPED CONSTELLATIONS GET NOTICED BY MAGICAL TALKING PONIES IN A WORLD WITH NO HUMANS!!?? HOW DO THEY KNOW WHAT WE LOOK LIKE!?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I will reach through the screen and slap the first person who say's "It's just a cartoon." DONT RUIN MAH FUN!

• Thumbs Up 4

I was just re-watching Suited for Success for the first time in a year and I noticed something rather unexpected and would like to over-analyze the shit out of it. DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

CENTAUROMG.jpg

So, Equestria's constellations are apparently the same as ours, including the ones that are humans. Well...centaur in this case, but STILL! And just a few seconds before this, Twilight talks about Orion.

HOW DID HUMAN-SHAPED CONSTELLATIONS GET NOTICED BY MAGICAL TALKING PONIES IN A WORLD WITH NO HUMANS!!?? HOW DO THEY KNOW WHAT WE LOOK LIKE!?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

122787%20-%20ancient_aliens%20ancient_humans%20artist%3Aequestria-prevails%20edit%20Lyra.png

Obviously.

• Thumbs Up 9

CENTAUROMG.jpg

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I will reach through the screen and slap the first person who say's "It's just a cartoon." DONT RUIN MAH FUN!

ph34r.png

It's just a cartoon.

*runs away*

• Thumbs Up 1

But seriously, did everyone really throw a bitchfit because Pelly said she likes My Little Pony?

I think (or at least hope) the bitchfits were mostly sarcastic. I thought Pelly liked the show months ago :/

Do we know when season 3 is coming out yet? I'm getting starved now.