Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

A comment from Lauren Faust on her DA page.

"I never expected guys to like MLP, but I really, really never expect guys to like MWGG. It is without a doubt just for the girls, so it's ok. Thanks for your kind words about the shows. I hope you like what I'll be doing next."

Uuuuummmm....

She's talking about Milky Way, obviously.

@Pony got back

The fans of this show never cease to creep me the fuck out. :blink:

I mean....

whyyyyyyy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't watch this show, but I was following an inFamous LP and the LPer uploaded a video of the Hot Fuzz trailer synced to MLP footage which I thought was pretty amusing.

Pony Polka III!!! As always, it is awesome. :) I love these videos.

Ok so I just saw the first episode of this...I was pleasantly surprised! O_O The show is actually not bad and I didn't turn it off because I couldn't stand it after the first few minutes. Lightyears better than all of the other garbage on CN these days. May be the best cartoon (for me at least) since the CN classic like Cow & Chicken or Johnny Bravo, I knew there was a light at the end of this very dark tunnel but I never expected it to come from MLP.

This is just a random thought and don't know if this has been ever discussed before. You think with something as popular as MLP:FiM (even though mainly popular on the internet), could Japan might create a MLP anime like with the PPG? If it does happen, who should you think might create or produce it? Well, I guess the obvious choice would probably be Gainax because of Panty & Stocking with Garter-belt and how similar the animations are to each other. Another choice would be Madhouse since I like the animation style of Zetsubou Sensei, and could work well with ponies, but it is hard to say. Also, I guess the feel of the anime (hopefully) would more or less be the same like its western counterpart as slice of life style, but maybe with a bit more surrealism like with Nichijou and of course, the anime that I've aforementioned. Could happen........*grabs flameshield on standby*

Eh, though maybe it isn't best to give them ideas at this time....... :unsure:

Edited by AdventChild

Ok so I just saw the first episode of this...I was pleasantly surprised! O_O The show is actually not bad and I didn't turn it off because I couldn't stand it after the first few minutes. Lightyears better than all of the other garbage on CN these days. May be the best cartoon (for me at least) since the CN classic like Cow & Chicken or Johnny Bravo, I knew there was a light at the end of this very dark tunnel but I never expected it to come from MLP.

WelcomeToTheHerd.jpg

Seriously though, I hate that there are people who would blow off this show at first because it's MLP. It has mind blowing animation, fantasticly well written three dimensional characters, great plots, fantastic music (some of which are inspired by theatre classics), and it's one of the best shows in general that has been made in years.

Yet, we get made fun of and blown off because it's about ponies...

One thing I'm curious about is if Hasbro will try to reach into the periphery demographic with merchandise.

I mean, as a generic 20-something male with a broadband internet connection, I have no interest in buying ponies, but I would happily fork over money for the same kind of useless crap that I buy for anime, various shows from my youth and widget videogames. Blu Ray boxsets, soundtracks, t-shirts, posters, feelies, etc. I mean, obviously MLP is a merchandise machine, but it generally isn't wide-reaching merchandise.

Edited by Tornado

One thing I'm curious about is if Hasbro will try to reach into the periphery demographic with merchandise.

I mean, as a generic 20-something male with a broadband internet connection, I have no interest in buying ponies, but I would happily fork over money for the same kind of useless crap that I buy for anime, various shows from my youth and widget videogames. Blu Ray boxsets, soundtracks, t-shirts, posters, feelies, etc. I mean, obviously MLP is a merchandise machine, but it generally isn't wide-reaching merchandise.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/hasbro-visits-project-merch.html

Maybe.

They might find a way to milk it. I mean, you may not have an interest but I've actually encountered several people on /co/, ED, youtube, etc. who actually bought ponies. Or at least claim to. Either way, some bronies are actually pushing Hasbro to expand their market, which they are at the very least aware of.

So I just started watching this show on Youtube. I'm watching not with the fact that it's a show about a francise aimed for girls in mind, but as an animation enthusiast.

I'm watching the episode, "Best Night Ever." So far, it's pretty average IMO, But for being done in flash, it's actually pretty well animated and the song was surprisingly good.

EDIT: Hmmm... Well that was pretty good, but I don't think I like it enough to become a "Brony." Sorry guys, can't say I'm a fan...

Though gotta hand it to Lauren Faust (The creator of this show and co-creator of Fosters home for Imaginary Friends.) it takes a lot of guts to make a show about a 'girly' franchise and try to get a male audience in addition.

Though I am kinda glad I decided to watch it after the hype died down slightly. I watched Gurren Lagann during the hype and ended up disappointed, no matter how many times I watched it... =P

Edited by The Stinking Recolor

Honestly, I would've recommended watching it in order. Just picking a random episode just doesn't give you the same footing, methinks.

So I just started watching this show on Youtube. I'm watching not with the fact that it's a show about a francise aimed for girls in mind, but as an animation enthusiast.

I'm watching the episode, "Best Night Ever." So far, it's pretty average IMO, But for being done in flash, it's actually pretty well animated and the song was surprisingly good.

EDIT: Hmmm... Well that was pretty good, but I don't think I like it enough to become a "Brony." Sorry guys, can't say I'm a fan...

Though gotta hand it to Lauren Faust (The creator of this show and co-creator of Fosters home for Imaginary Friends.) it takes a lot of guts to make a show about a 'girly' franchise and try to get a male audience in addition.

Though I am kinda glad I decided to watch it after the hype died down slightly. I watched Gurren Lagann during the hype and ended up disappointed, no matter how many times I watched it... =P

>watching the season finale as your first episode

what

When is that ever a good idea, for any series? Of course there's not going to be much of an impact if you didn't know all of the events that lead up to it. Start at the first episode and go on from there. Time and time again I've seen people start watch this show and end up disliking it and 90% of the time it's because they started at some random episode and viewed them in no particular order whatsoever. There's not a super duper strong continuity when it comes to over-arching plots, but character development and world building is a huge aspect of this show, and that's one of the reasons that this series is so good. If you just jump in at the season finale of course there's going to be little to no impact to the average schmoe because they didn't watch the 8 months building up to it.

But hey, if you end up watching it chronologically and still dislike it, that's okay too! Whatever floats your boat, as they say.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz_aWvzVTbk

Just a heads up- it starts to get creepy 45 seconds in.

D'ohohohoho, I was in the thread that the Duke originally posted that in. For maximum enjoyment, here is the original context of that rant.

darkshadowtheninjapony.png

Edited by HunterTSF

You need to see at least 6 episodes (which ones doesn't matter for the most part, but The Ticket Master has to be one of them) for the final episode to work well. Any less and you miss some of the more subtle character elements.

And I can't imagine FlutterRage plays at all as a joke without seeing the three Fluttershy-centric episodes.

Edited by Tornado

>watching the season finale as your first episode

what

When is that ever a good idea, for any series?

Usually when It's an American cartoon... How was I supposed to know I had to watch it in order let alone this episode being a season finale?! DX Cut me some slack here! I haven't known a lot of western cartoons that are to be watched in a certain order...

But whatever. I guess I can watch a few more episodes, if I get the chance.

Edited by The Stinking Recolor

Was watching Fall Weather Friends, and I noticed something. See if you can notice it too:

vlcsnap2011051223h09m56.th.png

Was watching Fall Weather Friends, and I noticed something. See if you can notice it too:

vlcsnap2011051223h09m56.th.png

Twenty six episodes are in season 2 instead of twenty four. We have fourty four more minutes of pony. :D

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/26-episodes-in-season-2-instead-of-24.html

I was wondering why season 2 would have less episodes than season 1.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond