Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

It's a shame that Lauren Faust won't be fully involved for season 2, but I still have my fingers crossed for it to still be a good season overall. I think saying "Ohnoes! It will jump the shark! D:" is is getting ahead way too soon especially when we haven't even seen season 2 yet.

Edited by Kevin

By the way, is their anything Tara Strong hasn't done in voice acting?

She's easily become one of my all time favorite voice actresses and she's taken part in at least two of my all time favorite cartoons, they being this and Teen Titans (Raven). She's becoming like the new Kath Soucie in the way that you can't watch any cartoon without hearing her voice anymore in some capacity, much like Kath in the 90s.

Wait, I can't belive I didn't notice this sooner. I am so slow. He said they watch it for the "plot". Could this mean we will have more an actual story arc in season 2?

I think that it's more of a nod to this image.

r16037_MLP%20Iwatchitfortheplot.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

It's worth noting too, certain things that people love about the show were not always of Faust's doing. She had no clue who Derpy was to begin with (it was an animator messing around with background characters), a lot of the animation is kind of down to the team, though I'm sure Faust lent a little help with that too. The animators on the show seem pretty keen on it and I imagine if Faust is still working on the stories and scripts to a degree, then the plot elements we love the series for will still be there (not withstanding the fact that the show has other writers, that developed some pretty good episodes as well)

Needless to say, I'ld say its more Season 3 you might get worried about rather than Season 2, though I wouldn't be surprised if 2 seasons is our lot anyway - as (assuming Season 2 is as long as Season 1) that'll cover the 52 episode quota for syndication quite nicely. In the meantime, at least us UK Bronies can await the Season 1 premiere that's due sometime in Summer this year : )

US bronies can go support the series by downloading the eps off iTunes BTW, just as a lil ol reminder : >

Why does this show have ass shots?

• Thumbs Up 2

Syndication packages generally require 65 episodes as a minimum,

It's worth noting too, certain things that people love about the show were not always of Faust's doing. She had no clue who Derpy was to begin with (it was an animator messing around with background characters), a lot of the animation is kind of down to the team, though I'm sure Faust lent a little help with that too. The animators on the show seem pretty keen on it and I imagine if Faust is still working on the stories and scripts to a degree, then the plot elements we love the series for will still be there (not withstanding the fact that the show has other writers, that developed some pretty good episodes as well)

Needless to say, I'ld say its more Season 3 you might get worried about rather than Season 2, though I wouldn't be surprised if 2 seasons is our lot anyway - as (assuming Season 2 is as long as Season 1) that'll cover the 52 episode quota for syndication quite nicely. In the meantime, at least us UK Bronies can await the Season 1 premiere that's due sometime in Summer this year : )

US bronies can go support the series by downloading the eps off iTunes BTW, just as a lil ol reminder : >

*clarification: Story concepts and writers' meetings were completed several weeks ago, so my role is complete. I am not working on this show in any capacity at this time. Sorry for the confusion. While I'm at it, folks are asking if I left to work on another show. This is not the case. I had no other projects in the works when I stepped down.

***Well I guess the cat's out of the bag. (I'm a bit disappointed some FB friend chose not to respect my privacy. I guess I'm going to have to do an FB friend cull) Anyway, I just want everyone to understand that my pregnancy is absolutely, positively NOT the reason I'm no longer on the show. It's just a happy side effect that happened after-the-fact.***

I figured I'll mention this here, but the TVTropes article for the show was recently given a huge expansion.

Edited by Tornado

Why does this show have ass shots?

Um... :unsure: uhhhh... :blink: OH LOOK! A FUNNY VIDEO :lol: :

Distraction complete. B)

:) Nice video, but I repeat:

Why does this show have ass shots? Seriously, a random pony's ass shaking in the background shouldn't be so well animated.

:) Nice video, but I repeat:

Why does this show have ass shots? Seriously, a random pony's ass shaking in the background shouldn't be so well animated.

Though it has been suggested many times to me that I should watch the new MLP series, I must say that I've not been able to bring myself to do so after the memories of a traumatic childhood of being subjected to the older variants of the show (and countless Barbie movies) came flooding back - I was the little brother who the older girls used to perform horrific make-up experiments on, (of course I bloody enjoyed it at heart) and the seemingly endless barrage of My Little Pony came soon afterwards. It was an almost mesmerizingly feminine program with very little of the kind of content that I enjoyed at the time, and was polluted with such sickly sweetness and mentally corrosive cuteness that I felt myself wholly unable to watch it after more than one or two episodes at a time - and even that small a dose I found abhorrent.

If ever I wanted to re-live the overpowering femininity of the show once again, then I suppose that I could catch a trailer or two before making up my mind on whether or not to sit and plough through the entire series, though I'll be sure to post up my thoughts on it if and when I do take a look.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's the thing about the show, though. Aside from Rarity's love of clothes, beauty and all things glamorous, the show never really feels like a "girly" show. Lauren Faust said herself she wanted the show to be as accessible to everyone as humanly possible, and I think she did a damn good job of that.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's the thing about the show, though. Aside from Rarity's love of clothes, beauty and all things glamorous, the show never really feels like a "girly" show. Lauren Faust said herself she wanted the show to be as accessible to everyone as humanly possible, and I think she did a damn good job of that.

She's a freaking paragon of the entire entertainment industry as far as I'm concerned. Someone who can take a saccharine cartoon about pretty ponies and make it not only worthwhile but avidly followed by college-age males has got to have a hand in the dark arts.

Also, here's the fanfic I've been working on for the past few weeks. When it comes to writing, I've always been great at essays and research papers, but fiction writing is relatively foreign to me, so I felt this would be good practice if nothing else. It's not complete yet, but I felt it was a good time to give people a taste.

Ha ha... That was an excellent episode. And that we could all learn something from that episode... No not, "Sometimes, the things we look forward to the most are what we expect it to be." ...It's that we all should listen to trolls, specially when they're bored. :V

*rimshot.*

Also, I think that these pictures deserved a post... If this haven't been posted yet, prepare to have your minds blown...

scootaloo_by_supernitro-d3fyb8o.jpg

1304120905_rarity___video_link_added_by_supernitro-d3f1lxp.jpg

From one artist to another, I have to give this dude props on these! Fantastic work on both of them!

http://sketchyfun.blogspot.com/ - That's his blog for anyone who wants to see more of his work.

- Here's a hour-an-a-quarter long video on how he made the Rarity picture. I love how he only used a minimal amount of tools to make this. Also, the video isn't sped up too fast to where you can't see what's going on.

...I could learn a thing or two from this guy. It's always good to see stuff like this! (Heh heh... I just thought of Art Cutie Marks.)

Edited by YoshiUnity:The Fresh Maker

So this is worth checking out? Interesting...

FUN FACT: Chris Chan makes My Little Pony dolls out of his pubic hair.

FUN FACT: Chris Chan makes My Little Pony dolls out of his pubic hair.

• Thumbs Up 6

Am I the only one who, after some personal reflection, thinks that Derpy is going to turn into the MLP version of Homsar?

Am I the only one who, after some personal reflection, thinks that Derpy is going to turn into the MLP version of Homsar?

shutup_applejack.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

I will now forever regret that her cutie mark isn't a cup of coffee.

...and now we can officially add Matt Chapman to the list of people who seriously need to do voicework for this series already.

I will now forever regret that her cutie mark isn't a cup of coffee.

...and now we can officially add Matt Chapman to the list of people who seriously need to do voicework for this series already.

Aaaaaah'm Derpy Hooves! The captain of the pony train! Don't look now, I think I won the poooooweeeerbaaaaaaaaall!

Derpy as Homsar would have to be be the best idea EVER!

A comment from Lauren Faust on her DA page.

"I never expected guys to like MLP, but I really, really never expect guys to like MWGG. It is without a doubt just for the girls, so it's ok. Thanks for your kind words about the shows. I hope you like what I'll be doing next."

Uuuuummmm....

A comment from Lauren Faust on her DA page.

"I never expected guys to like MLP, but I really, really never expect guys to like MWGG. It is without a doubt just for the girls, so it's ok. Thanks for your kind words about the shows. I hope you like what I'll be doing next."

Uuuuummmm....

What is MWGG? :huh:

I guess her work just has that Universial appeal! :)

Edited by BW199148

What is MWGG? :huh:

I guess her work just has that Universial appeal! :)

It's one of Lauren's works. Although I don't think it's official.

Defnately.