Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I am now beginning re-watching MLPFiM from the start. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Great season finale. Love the continuity of the show, with the Gala being foreshadowed many episodes earlier...

I now have to wait until season 2 though. Which is bittersweet in a way, since I'm going to miss new Pony content. But I eagerly await the next season, and hope the show gets even better!

• Thumbs Up 1

Crazy Fluttershy is Crazy.

Correction:

Crazy Fluttershy is Crazy Awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

That season finale was all sorts of awesome!

Now, the long wait for season 2 begins... this probably should have been posted before "The Best Night Ever" aired, but it's still relevant:

10892%20-%20devilman_or_rockman%20featured_image%20music%20parody%20tagme%20winter_wrap_up.jpg

...oh, and DVD/BLU-RAY RELEASE WHEN???

• Thumbs Up 2

Great season finale! I never knew Fluttershy had it in her! I got some good laughs out of the episode too. I'm really looking forward to the next season now, although it's a shame it's a 6 month wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't expecting anything spectacular with only one episode left, but the finale surprised me. The music and the scenery (and Rarity's dresses) made everything feel very grand, and that lent a lot of weight to what might otherwise have come off as an ordinary problem of the week. Finally getting to see the Grand Galloping Gala probably would've impressed me more if I hadn't kept forgetting that it hadn't happened yet, though... I just kind of figured that it occurred off-screen after episode 3 since it wasn't mentioned for a while after that, and it was always a surprise when it was brought up again. Was everyone talking about the next Gala? Had a year passed already or something? That was really my fault and not the show's, but still. Anyway, good episode.

It would've been nice if we'd been able to see Twilight et al actually have fun in the donut shop before Celestia appeared and delivered her aesop, though. It just felt to me like they'd barely had a chance to sit down before Celestia started preaching to them about how great it was to hang out together. It also seemed a little odd to me that Twilight needed to learn that lesson, even though her special goal for the evening was, uh... to spend more time with a friend. Huh.

Sorry to double post, but some news-

Faust has jumped ship. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration- she's merely stepping down from Executive Producer to Consulting Producer. She's still on quality control, but not leading the effort. Hopefully, this won't do much damage to Season 2, but considering the quality of the rest of the team's work, I'm confident it won't be too big an impact.

But from the way an animator has spoken out on what he's seen so far, it's looking pretty good (That's right the facility is completely operational again). For one, Derpy, once a mere animation error, is becoming a bona fide character. If Hasbro actually releases a Derpy toy, I will never again doubt the power of internet memes. Also, Luna and some other major characters (presumably ones like Gilda and Trixie if I had to pose a guess.)

Edited by SuperStingray

Sorry to double post, but some news-

Faust has jumped ship. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration- she's merely stepping down from Executive Producer to Consulting Producer. She's still on quality control, but not leading the effort. Hopefully, this won't do much damage to Season 2, but considering the quality of the rest of the team's work, I'm confident it won't be too big an impact.

But from the way an animator has spoken out on what he's seen so far, it's looking pretty good (That's right the facility is completely operational again). For one, Derpy, once a mere animation error, is becoming a bona fide character. If Hasbro actually releases a Derpy toy, I will never again doubt the power of internet memes. Also, Luna and some other major characters (presumably ones like Gilda and Trixie if I had to pose a guess.)

Hopefully Lauren leaving from that postion won't affect the direction and style of the show too much, lets hope so, but as long as the same writers and animators are still on board we should be in safe hands.

I've still got tons of episodes to watch though. -_-

The problem is that Lauren's announcement was too vague for us to get any info from it. Was it that the Execs were being unreasonable in their demands, or did she just expect an amount of creative control that doesn't exist anymore? Or a bit of both?

Edited by Gerkuman

Wait, Derpy's becoming a character?

Right, another horse to buy... I have so many now.

The problem is that Lauren's announcement was too vague for us to get any info from it. Was it that the Execs were being unreasonable in their demands, or did she just expect an amount of creative control that doesn't exist anymore? Or a bit of both?

Maybe she isn't allowed to say or she may have found being Executive Producer too demanding of her time, I don't know. :unsure:

She probably has other projects that she would like to do. A show is demanding work. Stop being such conspiricy theorists. We still have everyone else. Including the writers and Rob Renzetti(Story editer), and the animators.

Faust has jumped ship. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration- she's merely stepping down from Executive Producer to Consulting Producer. She's still on quality control, but not leading the effort.

Dislike. :/

Wait, I can't belive I didn't notice this sooner. I am so slow. He said they watch it for the "plot". Could this mean we will have more an actual story arc in season 2?

Wait, I can't belive I didn't notice this sooner. I am so slow. He said they watch it for the "plot". Could this mean we will have more an actual story arc in season 2?

He's probably referring to the general premise and characterization moreso than any overarching multi-episode storylines. Though season 1 had pretty decent continuity for an episodic slice-of-life comedy, which I'm hoping continues to be the tone for the series for the most part.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's probably referring to the general premise and characterization moreso than any overarching multi-episode storylines. Though season 1 had pretty decent continuity for an episodic slice-of-life comedy, which I'm hoping continues to be the tone for the series for the most part.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Kind of sad to hear Lauren won't have as much creative control, but at least she's still there, so I don't expect the overall feel of the series to change much, if at all.

I like the subtext of the finale. "Be friends with the quiet and friendly introvert. Or she will snap an try to murder you." That is useful advice for all ages.

Edit - Also:

Trollestia4.jpg

Celestia.png

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bronies need to stop panicking and remember that FiM was was more that just the brain child of Lauren Faust, it was a team effort of several different artists, writers, animators, composers, voice actors, singers and more, and nearly all of them will be putting the same effort into season 2. Lauren will still work with the show similar to season 1 just to a smaller degree. We haven't even seen a second of footage from S2 so there's no reason to call "shark jump" yet.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it should also be mentioned that not that many shows actually keep their creators as the show runners for their entire span. Craig McCracken didn't stay in charge of the Powerpuff Girls for its entire run, and when Faust replaced him as the show runner she didn't stay on in that role throughout the end of the show either.

Yeah... as awesome as Lauren is, Friendship is Magic couldn't have turned out as well as it did without a whole lot of other awesome people being involved. I've seen plenty of shows survive worse production shake-ups than this (and some even turn out better for it), so while it's a little sad that Lauren will have less influence over the show in the future, I'm not particularly worried that she's gone. Season 2 is sounding pretty great so far.

^Celestia's not so much Twilight's friend as she is her idol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bronies need to stop panicking and remember that FiM was was more that just the brain child of Lauren Faust, it was a team effort of several different artists, writers, animators, composers, voice actors, singers and more, and nearly all of them will be putting the same effort into season 2. Lauren will still work with the show similar to season 1 just to a smaller degree. We haven't even seen a second of footage from S2 so there's no reason to call "shark jump" yet.

• Thumbs Up 1