Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Post Questioning The Logic of A Little Girl's Show About Ponies:

In Suited for Success it is directly implied that the reason that they were able to get Rarity's original dresses redone for the second fashion show so fast is because Fluttershy is very skilled at sewing. How is Fluttershy very skilled at sewing?

And yes, that thought randomly just occurred to me like 5 minutes ago while I was playing GT5.

Well it's been shown that Fluttershy is very good at tending to injured animals. It can then be assumed that she's good at wound care which would include suturing/stitching, ie. sewing basically. It's a long shot but it's a better explanation than "lol the assplot said so".

So, I managed to see 2 episodes tonight (10 and 11).

Episode 10:

I liked it, not the best I've seen but I got some fun out of it, I like how I can hear Twilight's mind snapping at the end and the plan she makes after that moment (and that house flying behind when she finished talking made me lol), I also liked the odd moment when Celestia arrived (with the... err... parade) and how her student made up a report about friendship in the moment...

I also like how some people take Celestia's expressions and words like a proof that she knew about the parasprite plague (despite saying the oposite)... I really like the things fans can come up with. (despite not really bothering to read fanfics wich... makes me look like an hypocrite xD... Same thing happens to me with Sonic related ideas/plot/discussions I must confess).

Episode 11:

I loved this episode, Twilight was awesome, Spike was awesome, Pinkie was awesome, Rarity getting caught up trying to fix Twilight's nest was hilarious :lol:,

And the song was also awesome (wasn't expecting that, for some reason), kudos to all the VA's and musicians who were part of it, they made an awesome job!

I really loved Twilight's solo parts... I also found interesting how (it seems like) that unnamed white unicorn waking up the animals (well, I haven't watched the whole thing yet, maybe she recieves a proper name later :P ) had a big section of the song for herself... (first I thought all the team leaders were singing but after rewatching the episode I realised that she isn't the leader of the animal team)

I also loved how they used an instrumental version later in the episode.

Now I can't avoid to wonder if there is an OST of this series, watching some comments in forums/youtube, it seems like there isn't but I would still like to now if there is any chance of seeing one in the future. :P

EDIT: Guys... Maybe Tornado is asking how is Fluttershy so good at sewing without having hands. xD

Edited by gato

EDIT: Guys... Maybe Tornado is asking how is Fluttershy so good at sewing without having hands. xD

Rarity doesn't have hands, so I don't how see the same logic can't be transferred to Fluttershy.

Rarity doesn't have hands, so I don't how see the same logic can't be transferred to Fluttershy.

It was obvious Fluttershy is at the very least knowledgeable in sewing and it's styles and techniques the way she critiqued Rarity's work on her dress.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was obvious Fluttershy is at the very least knowledgeable in sewing and it's styles and techniques the way she critiqued Rarity's work on her dress.

Mind+Blown.jpg

I...

I think I need to go to wikipedia . >_<

EDIT: I still would like to know who sings with Fluttershy in the animal's verse of Winter Wrap-Up, first I thought it was unnamed white unicorn, but then I saw she doesn't move her mouth like the other singers do, then I thought it was Rarity (despite not being on screen), now I'm starting to think it might be the mayor (lolwut).

Edited by gato

I watched 15 minutes of that terrible Garfield movie to see that commercial.

And it was totally worth it.

• Thumbs Up 5

So I finally swallowed my pride, gave in, and watched the first two episodes.

WHY IS THIS SHOW GOOD D:

*watches more*

The kid who did the Physics presentation gave up his chance of stardom purely so he could troll news websites, which ultimately ended up with him trolling The Huffington Post:

Growing up, many of our favorite cartoons transcended reality and brought us into a world that wasn't "scientifically" correct. Unfortunately, one student's physics project just had to go and ruin that magic.

If you're a My Little Pony fan, you might want to cover your ears.

GOOD reports Los Angeles student Stephen Magnet, known as beatledude64 on youtube, was given an assignment to find three scenes from any movie or television show and use physics to determine if something was or wasn't possible. Magnet choose "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic," and dissected everything from the Sonic Rainboom's acceleration properties, to the true mass of a Pony and a butterfly (which is 500 milligrams, by the way.)

Edited by Tornado

...Why?

Ahem anyway, after "Equestria Girls", Weird Al has no reason to not appear on the show. It was perfect for him before and now they are Weird Al-ing songs themselves. This is the third one if you count "Art of the Dress" and "At the Gala". The third one even wasn't by the crew, but the network. This show is a perfect fit for him.

EDIT: Ponies on CNN.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/29/my-little-pony-parodies-katy-perry/

"If you're not 7, there's a good chance that you are unaware of the latest "My Little Pony" re-boot - an animated series on the Hub network entitled "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.""

Research Fail.

It's okay CNN, we love and tolerate you anyway.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

lolwat I dunno what I just read. ._. A lot of people think this show is for younger kids...lol nope.

lolwat I dunno what I just read. ._. A lot of people think this show is for younger kids...lol nope.

It is for younger children.

Fandoms are just batshit crazy.

and that's why we love them

Why is this show so damn good? I'm like hooked or something.

I wuv Spike.

If anyone from the team reads this site, I'd like to personally thank them for making the last eight months some of the most fun I have ever had on the internet!

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

20110531365.jpg

They finally bothered bringing the FiM toys to Sweden. Muahahahaha! Collecting continues!

• Thumbs Up 2

Bronies.... We have infected the United Nations. THEY ARE SEEING THE WAY OF PONY!!!!

Also the united Nations have approved an international DAY OF FRIENDSHIP!!!! Starting this year. This is lining up way too perfectly. Everything is set up for a 2012 ponypocalypse.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/united-nations-approved-international.html

First, Weird Al.

Then Kimmel.

Then, Lady Gaga.

Then, CNN, and now, the United Nations haave made a friendship day. CAN'T YOU JUST FEEL THE LOVE AND TOLERANCE UP IN THIS PLACE, BRONIES!!!!?

It's so amazing. The beauty, the beauty. :D

I love this show, but I fear that there will be a backlash againist it like Disco in the late 70's or something! :unsure:

Guys, you won't believe this. This is the most unbelievable thing I ever heard. I am in complete pure and utter shock.

There is a little girl who likes My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/breaking-news-little-girls-like-my.html#more

She's so adorable! :D

Girls like the show? What is this madness?

That's a pretty far stretch from the 18-35 male target demographic.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2