Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Same here. It is kind of hard to agree with the message about jealousy and what it causes when there were times where Aluicious was pretty much being a dick for the sake of being a dick. It makes Spike's reactions, though maybe not justified, perfectly understandable.

Aluicious was being a dick? Far as I know he was just trying to be useful, he can't converse so all he says is "hoot" which Spike translates as "who?". The only thing the owl does is dig out the book that Spike sneezeburned, which maybe he simply found and Twilight put 2 and 2 together. It's only Spike, who lets his envy fool him into thinking Aluicious deliberately set him up.

I mean the only thing that's odd is that Aluicious was about to help in the day too, but I imagine Twilight was assuming Spike would need a little extra help because he'd worked extra hard the night before.

Was I the only one thinking Spikes actions were that of a kid that envies the their new-sibling and the attention they get from "mom" - after all his reaction to Twilight's dissapointment is to suddenly believe she must not love him anymore which is quite a strong reaction.

Yeah, I never got the feeling that Aluicious was a bad guy in any way, other than Spike's feelings towards him. Not to degrade Aluicious in anyway, but I never really felt that he even knew any better or harbored any ill-will towards Spike.

Much like Spike, it was all in one's imagination.

I also find it funny that people are questioning about an owl who's awake in the daytime in a show about magical, flying, talking ponies. :P

Edited by Snatcher2047

Being a dick doesn't require specific intent. Whether he knew any better or not wouldn't make any difference, because Spike's reactions still weren't particularly odd for the situation.

I also find it funny that people are questioning about an owl who's awake in the daytime in a show about magical, flying, talking ponies.

It would be nice if the logic used to run the plot was internally consistent with itself. Making sense or not compared to real life is irrelevant.

You know after watching the recent episode this happened to pop into my head:

About the whole centennial meteor shower thing, it kinda bugs me. Princess Luna went evil because how the ponies didn't celebrate/appreciate her nighttime, but now we know that ponies celebrate or at least record cosmic events like this for over hundreds of years, correct me if I'm wrong. So WTF? That's a major plothole right there.

Another thing is almost everypony has a pet now (if they stick with continuity that is):

Applejack has Winona (dog)

Fluttershy has Angel (rabbit)

Rarity has Opal (cat)

Pinkie has Gummy (gator)

Twilight has Aluicious (owl)

Celestia has Philomena

Don't know if Rainbow Dash has one yet. Though it'll most likely to be bird yet it would be funny if she befriends a hedgehog and calls it Sonic.....

Don't know if Rainbow Dash has one yet. Though it'll most likely to be bird yet it would be funny if she befriends a hedgehog and calls it Sonic.....

Rainbow Dash has Scootaloo now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Great episode today. Even if Spike did kind of overreact to Twilight and Owlicious (or Aulicious). It had some great one liners from Pinkie Pie, some surprisingly mature themes for a children's cartoon and it had an owl. And Owls are cool.

I'm glad SSMB is more sane than other places. Otherwise you'd all be proclaiming that Rainbow Dash throwing Scootaloo an apple core means that 'Scootabuse is now canon'. :unsure:

Edited by SHAX Hedgefox

Well, with only two episodes left this season, it's got me wondering just how they'll end it. I hope that the last episode has more of an impactful story, kind of like the episode 1/2 opener. Possibly the long overdue return of Luna? I hope so. And then the long wait for season 2 and the season 1 DVDs commences.

Also, my new favorite meme:

8311%20-%20rape%20rarity%20spike%20ugly_van_meme.jpg

8300%20-%20rainbow_dash%20scootabuse%20scootaloo%20ugly_van_meme.jpg

8298%20-%20fluttershy%20rainbow_dash%20ugly_van_meme.jpg

8296%20-%20rape%20Trixie%20twilight_sparkle%20ugly_van_meme.jpg

8317%20-%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20sex%20ugly_van_meme.jpg

8315%20-%20aloysius%20Owlicious%20rape%20twilight_sparkle%20ugly_van_meme.jpg

:lol:

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 2

For some reason the Aluicious one's the funniest to me. I think it's just the blank look he's giving.

Well, with only two episodes left this season, it's got me wondering just how they'll end it. I hope that the last episode has more of an impactful story, kind of like the episode 1/2 opener. Possibly the long overdue return of Luna? I hope so. And then the long wait for season 2 and the season 1 DVDs commences.

I think Lauren said Luna's not coming back until Season 2, unfortunately.

Edited by SuperStingray

Yeah, Lauren said Luna isn't coming back until season 2.

Well, at least we know she's coming back. I just thought it'd be a nice book-end to the season.

This show is just amazingly awesome. The well-done characters, voice acting, story, humor... I just couldn't resist it anymore! Yer looking at yet another brony here. Damn it.

I have nothing but praise for this show. I got hooked the moment I started watching the pilot episodes. Just wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 3

I knew I should of popped my head back into the SSMB a while ago. Going to need to catch up on 20 pages of awesome content, so I'll just leave a brief introduction.

Favourite Pony: Fluttershy

Just having a quick look back, seeing that there is going to be a series 2 make happy inside. Happy enough to give a Fluttershy yay and raise my arms rather quickly, giving me a few odd looks from the office. Probably not something I should be doing at work but, meh.

Needs to be respelled, that is horrible. XD

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ahh, that's how you spell Aloysius. Although I don't understand why it's not pronounced al-oy-see-us, but al-oo-ee-see-us.

So Owloysious it is, for me anyway.

Might need to break out Forza 3 over the weekend. Create some works of art, or at least try and fail miserably.

This final frame, summed me up for a while. Then I watched it.

teh_comic___1___c_t_p__by_qct_mrsmiles-d3d4t5w.png

• Thumbs Up 4

It recently hit me that I have NEVER heard a song in a kids cartoon more addictive than Winter Wrap Up.

That comic sums it all up.

It recently hit me that I have NEVER heard a song in a kids cartoon more addictive than Winter Wrap Up.

Not even the awesome that is Neil Patrick Harris as the Music Meister?

Looks like CN's Generator Rex has jumped onto the Brony Bandwagon (well, kind of.......sort of.....if it is a reference). Just check it out at 9:39. inb4 somepony says they need to make a FiM photoshop of that.

Here's the first part if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tcb9QWZk8s

Also, somepony (finally) made a MLP caramelldansen and um....yeah them being on two legs looks kinda creepy. Though with some improvement it might look better.

9227%20-%20balloon%20Futurama%20meme%20parody%20pinkie_pie.jpg

Oh, where do I begin with the new episode?

* It was a Pinkie Pie episode, so you knew it was going to be over the top crazy. I don't think any other episode made me laugh this much.

* There are going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many animated gifs coming from this episode. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many.

* Also, some of the best facial expressions in the entire series.

* Sorry, Rainbow Dash fans... Pinkie Pie is now officially the fastest pony in Equestria.

* I almost wanted to cry when Pinkie's hair turned back to her straight hair look. Such a sad moment.

* The "crazy party" afterwards was hilariously disturbing. It had a Ren & Stimpy feel all over it.

* Rarity said "Darling". YES.

* Spike disco dancing. YYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

That episode was cool. My shipping goggles, however, exploded on my eyes, thus I'm in quite a bit of pain right now, not to mention how much it'll cost to get them repaired...

*Flashback, before Party of One*

Oh how cute, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are like the Espio and Vector of Equestria. Tee hee!

*After Party of One*

unamused.jpg

No, that did not mean pair them.

*End flashback*