Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I still plan on going nowhere near this show on principle alone. No matter how good it might be, it is a show about ponies. mellow.gifmellow.gif

The manilest movie ever is Fight Club and you know what they say about percieved masculinity? You will never be a rockstar or an action hero that the shows advertised to you and you should be very pissed off about that. Instead of listening to what the hell Spike TV says about being a man, for once be man enough and say fuck it. Wear a pink shirt if you think the color looks nice on you. Get a manicure if you think your nails need trimming. Watch a show about Ponies and find it entertaining or atleast give it a chance without your faux maschismo preventing you from enjoying something just because it is a "girly" show. Just because it is about Ponies, does not mean it isn't a good show. If a girl can enjoy Young Justice and Spectacular Spider-man and think nothing of percieved gender roles then a man shouldn't be so timid and hesitant. Man movies and shows suck now anyways since they all are just blatant rip-offs of 300 and follow typical archetypes instead of glorifying why it is so great.

• Thumbs Up 9

Considering I can't even stand Bond and think macho action movies are awful, I already know what you mean. :lol: I even hated Kamina, seriously >.>

I'm mostly just being silly. :P It's more I just can't be bothered because it's not ANIMU. In all honesty I probably will check it out once the hype dies down, if only out of morbid curiosity.

Edited by -Mark-

Friendship is Magic music done on Mario Paint.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/mario-paint-pony-songs.html

More episode commentaries from BronyComms.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/episode-commentary-from-bronycomms.html

Also, anyone seen the OtakuAscended video where those two guys did a 48 minute review of the show? Well in this new video of their's, they have a snack time... Pinkie Pie style. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6I5JruRzE&feature=channel_video_title

3:10 for an explanation of what they are going to do, the ketchup brand, and proof that they are actually doing this.

5:50 for hotsauce cupcake snack time! :D

Some more things from Lauren Fraust.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/different-types-of-ponies-confirmed-for.html

The amount of AJXRainbow dash shipping just increase.

Pinkie Pie is "Cooking by the Book".

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/pinkie-pie-cooking-by-book.html

Also there is anoth MLP:FIM Minecraft server.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/another-minecraft-server.html

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

New episode was AWESOME.

All the filly versions of the ponies were very cute, although I was a little disappointed with Fluttershy's filly look. Not as cute as I was hoping. Maybe it's because she's a year older than the others.

It's official... Rainbow Dash is the future ruler of Equestria. The whole thing that she was responsible in some way shape or form of all the main ponies' cutie mark was something I didn't expect.

The part when Rarity was being dragged by her magic horn and she had the whole T_T look on her face had me LOLing bad.

Pinkie Pie's family were Puritans. How did I not see that coming? Also, her mane as a filly... too cute.

The whole Twilight hatching Spike was just flipping adorable.

6410%20-%20animated%20twilight_sparkle.gif

I hope someone does a vector wallpaper of that shot of Celestia's silhouette as she raised the sun. Just a great shot.

I also find myself becoming a big fan of Scootaloo.

And finally... "Manehattan". LOL

Edited by Snatcher2047

Great episode. I liked how all the ponies found their cutie marks was because of Rainbow Dash. They were all adorable, even Spike. Also, younger Big Macntosh is love.

But did anyone else notice a certain pony in the crowd when Celestia rose the sun?

derpyhooves.jpg

Derpy Hooves, same age as ever.

You know what this means?

Derpy. is. IMMORTAL! :D

Either that or Dr. Whooves has some explainin' to do.

Derpy. is. IMMORTAL! :D

Wait, does this mean that Derpy is now a Highlander? :blink:

Either way, what a GREAT episode! Seeing all the little ponies as filly's was just one big "DAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW" moment. And for some reason, I found it funny how Rainbow Dash's voice was cracking even back then.

The only problem is, I feel like listening to some manly music......Like Rammstein or Korn or something.

Edited by SHAX Hedgefox
  • Thumbs Up 2

Easily the best of the Cutie Mark Crusader episodes, probably because they weren't in it all that much. All of the stories were pretty great, but my favourite was Twilight's, since we got to see baby Spike and adult Spike (kinda), and her enthusiasm about the whole thing was totally adorable.

I loved that everyone's cutie marks had a common cause in Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom, but it's a little odd that none of them pieced it together before then. I mean, surely Rainbow Dash would've wanted to brag to Fluttershy about what she'd done as soon as possible, right? It also amuses me that the sonic rainboom apparently has miraculous magic-enhancing and hair-altering powers; I guess Rarity's lucky that the one a few episodes ago didn't have the same effect on her that it did on Pinkie Pie.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was rather underwhelmed by the episode honestly. The core plot wasn't much more than a framing device and the amount of stories just kind of diluted each other. I liked how they were trying to connect them all through Rainbow Dash, but it felt kind of forced sometimes. I mean, the SRB worked nicely for Fluttershy and AJ's stories (and of course Rainbow Dash,) but it felt like a Deus ex Machina for the rest, especially Rarity.

But god help Equestria if all of Manehattan is just an emulation of the Upper-East Side.

Edited by SuperStingray

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh I just got to watching it and so far this episode is all I had hoped it to be and more! I wish I could go on and on about how super-duper amazing it is, but...

"And that's how Equestria was made!"

scoota-whattheflyingfuck.png

...my mind just imploded.

EDIT: Okay, finished the episode. Easily Celestia tier. New favourite episode! The only thing I didn't like about it was that Spike's egg is a tad inaccurate as to what he described it as looking like in the first episode - but small errors like that are so incredibly uncommon in this series that I'll let it slide this one time. Not to mention that seeing Manehattan, as well as the unexpected inclusion of Young Macintosh and Cheerilee in addition to Twilight's parents more than made up for that.

It's also ridiculous how they even managed to explain the appearance of their Cutie Marks as well - even the odd ones such as Fluttershy's butterflies and Rarity's gemstones. Also adored how Applejack's three apples were displayed as representing the Apple family trinity formed between Applejack, Big Macintosh, and Granny Smith. Truly heartwarming. ;~;

Oh, and I totally lost it at Pinkie's backstory. I thought I already did at Twilight's... but any small semblance of it that was left was completely freaking obliterated once I saw the conditions in which "Pinkamena Diane Pie" grew up in.

I am also all sorts of sad that we do not actually get to hear the end of episode song at the Sugarcube Corner. ;A;

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Please tell me, I am not the onlypony who wants to see more of Young Big Macintosh, and more Big Macintosh in general. :)

Please tell me, I am not the onlypony who wants to see more of Young Big Macintosh, and more Big Macintosh in general. :)

Lots of fans (Heck even lauren herself tried to) want to see more male ponies having screentime. So you aren't the only one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got finished watching the Cutie Mark Chronicles, and I have to say, that was great episode! I did think Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom story was a bit predictable though, and Pickie Pie's story was underwhelming in my opinion (a rock farm? Seriously?)

Also, I'm not going to lie, the young version of Fluttershy looked absolutely adorable!

Edited by Kevin

I didn't want to watch, I hate sports and love Dancing with the Stars I come off gay enough I don't need this on top of that.

But as soon as I gave in I fell in love I've watched up to the Stare Master and I just can't get enough.

Pinkey Pie is my absolute favorite character of all time.

Nice to know I am not the onlypony who wants to see more male ponies.

There are bronies in the military! :D

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/ponies-invading-marine-corps.html

Twilight Sparkle in Minecraft.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/giant-minecraft-twilight-sparkle.html

Super Ponybeat of Cutie Mark Crusaders.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/super-ponybeat-cutie-mark-crusaders.html

MLP:FIM Piano Medley. :)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/fim-piano-medley.html

I don't know why, but I suddenly starting writing a fan fiction. I haven't written a fanfic in years, but god damn, this show throws so much character potential it's harder not to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys! More concept art! This time it's from the legendary David Dunnet. For those not in the know, this guy has done a ton of work on high profile titles in the past; just look at the detail on these works!

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why, but I suddenly starting writing a fan fiction. I haven't written a fanfic in years, but god damn, this show throws so much character potential it's harder not to.

Eh, you're not the only one. Well, I do have some ideas for fanfics, but a few of them involving anime concepts/crossovers, such as a Midori Days type of fanfic where Twilight somehow becomes one of Pinkie Pie's hoof (non-slash type though). Another idea is where the ponies become like the chars from Haruhi Suzumiya: Pinkie = Haruhi, Fluttershy = Mikuru, Twilight = Yuki, Dr. Whooves = Itsuki, and BigMac/Caramel = Kyon. Boy, do I have one twisted and overactive imagination.......

Just a random though, what would MLP:FiM be like if it turns into a slice of life parody type of show like Zetsubou Sensei?

Also, don't know if this had been mentioned yet, but the second season of the show will be out by the end of year in December. Kinda hoping for at least a fall release, but oh well.

Someone definitely has to make a MLP:FiM version of the Hare Hare Yukai...

Edited by AdventChild

After first reading this topic recently, I wanted to give the show a go. I just watched the two episodes in the intro post. I must say, this really does feel unique. If this show is meant for kids or not, I do not care, I still enjoyed what I saw. The sudden humour like "Hello ..." "AAAAGH---" *flee* gave me short laughter, the moments of their realization were touching and the animation and visuals themselves were really cute. This show is likely more appealing toward older people than the authors may think. Quite magical, really.

I will probably look a little more into this.

Just got finished watching the Cutie Mark Chronicles, and I have to say, that was great episode! I did think Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom story was a bit predictable though, and Pickie Pie's story was underwhelming in my opinion (a rock farm? Seriously?)

Also, I'm not going to lie, the young version of Fluttershy looked absolutely adorable!

As for Rainbow Dash's story and it's predictability, they had fans vote for which story they should include, and I for one voted for the Sonic Rainboom one. It made sense, right?

Pinkie Pie's story was very unexpected for me though. Didn't expect the most positive, random pony in all of Equestria to grow up in a depressing rock farm.

I thought Fluttershy as a filly looked a bit emo (but that only makes her look better). And she was pretty vocal, which is pretty unusual for Fluttershy. I'd expect her to sing quietly like she did in "The Stare Master" (IIRC).

That episode was in a pretty epic tier of sorts.

I'll take this cupcake, AND EAT IT!!!

How did I not see this coming? It's like Rule 34... if it exists, there will be a Death Note "What's Up People?!" parody of it. LOL