Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I'm surprised that we got another not-quite-Benny Hill sequence.

The beginning of the episode was definitely the strongest part for me. The gags were pretty good, especially the one with Mr. and Mrs. Cake refilling Celestia's tea, and it was good to see Celestia herself get some screentime and a chance to express herself a bit. I know the whole point of her character is that she can't regularly participate in the action, but considering that she's part of the framing device for the entire show, it'd be nice to know a little more about her.

The rest of the episode was okay, but not great. The range of facial expressions was definitely better than usual, which bolstered everything subtly, but the dilemma was old as dirt. It was nice to see Twilight take the lead again for the first time in a while, though.

Wow, so much to talk about in this one, definitely one of the better episodes so far imo. My only gripe is that the plot was extremely predictable. The moment I saw the empty bird cage I knew exactly how the episode would end aside from the phoenix thing( I thought it would just be some rare foreign bird that's naturally supposed to look dumb and sickly).

I like that we finally get to see more of Celestia interacting with the characters, hopefully there will be more of that next week.

And yeah, I "Dawwed :(" out loud when Fluttershy caught the bird ashes, she just looked so heart broken. @^@

Also does anyponybody else think Celestia might actually be ruthless dictator? I mean Mr./Mrs. Cake were tending to her every whim like their lives depended on it. Even Twilight, the character closest to her, thought Celestia would disown and sentence her to exile.

Also does anyponybody else think Celestia might actually be ruthless dictator? I mean Mr./Mrs. Cake were tending to her every whim like their lives depended on it. Even Twilight, the character closest to her, thought Celestia would disown and sentence her to exile.

I doubt it. They're probably just nervous because she's royalty and they don't know her all that well personally. Still, it's fun to think she's actually a ruthless despot who puts on a benevolent air when interacting directly with the citizenry.

A lot of the more morbid fans have made fanfic and fanart that shows her as a dictator, but obviously that's non-canon. I think that the ponies love their Princess so much that they go overboard. Celestria looked very uncomfortable with all the tea she had to drink. I wouldn't be suprised if she had a caffeine freakout in private. (I'd love to see that.)

Oh Celestia, this show.

pillshere.png

This freaking show.

I had a hunch that Celestia's bird would be a phoenix, even before this episode aired! Makes sense seeing as she's a sun god, after all. Anywho, I quite liked this episode! Unfortunately I'll agree with the rest in thinking that the second half was a tad weak in comparison to the first half's partying antics. Still a good episode, though.

eeeee cutie mark chronicles next week do not let me down hype train

^I can only imagine the LOLcat captions that are going to go with that pic.

Oh gosh! I've finally worked out how to ruin MLP for Sonic fans! :D

1. Wait for Rainbow Dash to get a pet, make sure said pet is a chameleon.

2. Increase shipping for Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

3. Make a movement for shipping pets.

4. ...

5. PROFIT

Seriously though, my shipping goggles are very state of the art, perhaps somebody would find good use them for too, I'd be willing to part with them for a small price...:P

http://www.hubworld....littleponytales

Vote for the ending of the next episode!

I voted for the Sonic Rainbow one. Granted it's little cliched, but it seems to fit in rather well.

After watching a few episodes, Rainbow Dash has become my favorite character followed by Fluttershy. There's something about her that makes her absolutely loveable as a character.

Edited by Kevin

Oh Celestia, this show.

pillshere.png

This freaking show.

Grabbin' Peeeeelz.

But seriously though, this episode was pretty funny. Mind you, I guessed that the phoenix would do it's whole death/rebirth cycle at a critical point. But the party scenes at the beginning and the Jimmy Hart Version of the Benny Hill theme definitely made it one of the best episodes of the season, imo.

Also, FUCK YES CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS NEXT WEEK.

I started watching this last week. It's alright, I guess. I don't really see why the internets have asploded with pony love. But then again, it is the internet...

Pinkie Pie am bestest. I find all of the other characters to be quite boring.

You know, I've seen this show going around like crazy in the art websites I use and I was dumbfounded. I figured it would be another utterly rubbish childrens' show but I gave it a watch anyway. I've only seen two episodes but from what I have seen it's a very well written and made kids show. I've not seen anything this good for quite a long time XP. It's not really my thing but for children I think it's excellent.

Just saw the new episode. It's official, Celestia is a complete troll. Im' loving it. Also loved Alice in Wonderland references. This show never dissapoints. :)

Not going to lie... I wasn't expecting myself to love this show. See, I didn't really care for the original in the least. But people kept talking about this one, so...I checked it out.

I. LOVE. THESE. PONIES! I literally watched all of the episodes in a day. The characters are great, the writing is accessible to those above the expected target audience!

And... *Superman chin.* It IS A MANLY SHOW for MANLY MEN! *Starts flexing.* PONIES. ARE. MANLINESS -ESS -ESS -ess -ess!!!!

spike_the_destroyer_by_johnjoseco-d3bwxzq.jpg

Spike is proof. He's around them all the ti-- ANYWHO! With all the characters, Spike is actually my favorite character of the bunch. Kind of remind me of a small, gem-eating, fire-breathing, dragon me. Although I don't know whether to laugh or cry when he eats gems. Because his shit is probably worth more than what I make in a year. (Two moths and a dead spider.)

Out of all of the actual ponies, My favorite is FlutterShy. Yeah, it's all because of how freaking adorable she is. (...Yay.) However, she got a fireball in her! (Yay.) I mean, how she chewed that dragon out an all. (*Breaths in* ...Yaaaaaaaaaaay.) And how she stares the that... chicken-snake thing, whose name I can't remember. (She stared into it's chicken soul...) Plus she's unintentionally funny, by how she acts. (By the writing, she is intentionally funny.)

So - uh - yeah! I like the show! Bronies! ...Broforce, dudes! Whoooo!!!

Edited by YoshiUnity is not a meme
  • Thumbs Up 5

@YoshiUnity: *Insert welcome to the Herd picture here* Welcome to the herd. Glad you like the show. :D

I had a pleasent Pony related chat with Cleverbot. :) Note: FTCR= the FindtheComputerRoom forum, which has practically been overrun with bronies. They are really kind.

We must make Cleverbot a Brony!

Me: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

CB: No, MY little pony.

Me: Confound these Cleverbots, they drive me to drink.

CB: Why can't you talk about sports.

Me: Because I want to talk about My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

CB: Because I am a teenage girl!

Me: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is for REAL MEN, DAMMIT!!!

CB: Do you need a hug?

Me: No, I NEED PONIES!!!

CB: *hugs*.

Me: Are you a Brony?

CB: Alright, you caught me. Im’ a robot.

Me: Well, that already gives you more intelligence and personality than the people on FTCR. Are you a brony?

CB: That's not a question.

Me: Yes it is! ARE. YOU. A. B-R-O-N-Y!?

CB: B-b-b-bird bird bird is the word.

Me: ... Brony?

CB: I was born in France.

Me: Are you a brony?

CB: Yes.

Me: So you like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic! Who's your favourite character?

CB: Mickey and you?

Me: Silly filly, that's not how you spell Pinkie Pie.

CB: I didn't try to spell enough, you are ridiculous.

Me: Favorite MLP:FIM episode?

CB: My favourite book is called 'many years from now' , it is a biography of paul mccartney.

Me: Favourite MLP:FIM song?

CB: Space dementia.

Me: ...

CB: It is Christmas today.

Me: You're not a brony.

CB: No, I'm not a song.

Me: Sigh.. I shoud be mad, but you have given me a more intellectual coversation than anyone on FTCR had. Want to go get some muffins?

CB: I said nothing about strength.

Me: Great. I like you. Let's go get us our muffins.

CB: Sounds good to me!

Note: Don't take me seriously, I love everyone on FTCR.... platonicly.

EDIT to help Japan:

Lauren Fraust, the creater of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, is auctioning some MLP sketches on Qpop. The Money will be used to help Japan.

The sketches include:

Twilight Sparkle

Applejack

Pegasus Pinkie Pie(AKA. Nightmare incarnate)

and

Lauren Fraust's first and only drawing of Derpy Hooves(or Ditzy Doo if you perfer,but the file name for the pic says Derpy)

Details here:

http://metacritter.d...urnal/39645775/

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I watched a few episodes, and they're adorable. It's really well written and Pinkie Pie is so cute and funny! All the characters have good personalities and the show is just adorable. I don't see why anyone can't like this.

I still plan on going nowhere near this show on principle alone. No matter how good it might be, it is a show about ponies. mellow.gifmellow.gif

I still plan on going nowhere near this show on principle alone. No matter how good it might be, it is a show about ponies. mellow.gifmellow.gif

Hey, guys! It looks like Lauren Faust's not the only one posting concept art - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic art director Ridd Sorensen has just recently put up some model sheets of some of the more minor cast members!

hayseed_pony_by_riddsorensen-d3cvuzn.jpg

Hayseed Pony was one of my favorite designs for MLP:FiM last season. I think he was designed for episode 3 but his scene got cut

Fun fact #1: His popcorn pipe was nixed by Standards & Practices. They made us change it to a blade of wheatgrass. It's too bad because we were going to have a little gag where while Hayseed was talking to Twilight, Spike was going to chow down on all the popcorn falling around them. Ah well. I think bubble pipes are okay though, so you may see a couple of those in an episode or two.

Fun fact #2: Hayseed's hat is a little nod to Craig McCracken's most excellent 'Wander Over Yonder' artwork. Check it out on his Deviant page and here: [link] - Hopefully you were one of the lucky ones like me to score a copy of the book!

Edited by HunterTSF