Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

tumblr_mrmsy2o76n1s4yfxko1_400.jpg

These games are the 'Next Evolution of Pokemon'. With this tutorial...they sure as hell meant that...

Edited by TheChaosBlue

So, that means the insiders info on Fairy types was correct.

So:

Fairy: 2x against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, 0x from Dragon, 2x from Steel and Poison, and .5x from Fire and Psychic

ALSO, RUNNING IS DEFAULT! FUCK YEAR!

AWESOMENESS! Seriously, who walks in a Pokemon game? This is great news.

• Thumbs Up 2

Couldn't you do that in HG/SS?

Personally, I kinda like having to hold a run button :/

You could change the option on the touch screen.

It might still be an option here, but I'm glad it's back because I honestly never walk anymore, especially since walking seems to have gotten way slower since Gen2.

You could change the option on the touch screen.

It might still be an option here, but I'm glad it's back because I honestly never walk anymore, especially since walking seems to have gotten way slower since Gen2.

You hold B to walk

I hope they do what HG/SS did and let you toggle the auto run. Having to hold a button to either run or walk in Pokemon has gotten so tiring.

And you know, gotta have dat dramatic walk.

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 4

So, that means the insiders info on Fairy types was correct.

So:

Fairy: 2x against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, 0x from Dragon, 2x from Steel and Poison, and .5x from Fire and Psychic

ALSO, RUNNING IS DEFAULT! FUCK YEAR!

So to rephrase this:

Fairy Attacks against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting Types = SUPER EFFECTIVE

Using Steel and Poison Type Attacks on Fairies = SUPER EFFECTIVE

Using Fire and Psychic Type Attacks on Fairies = NOT VERY EFFECTIVE

Using Dragon Type Attacks on Fairies = IT HAS NO EFFECT

And you know, gotta have dat dramatic walk.

I never run in the Pokemon League. Never. It just isn't right.

But yeah, running automatically sounds good. Hoping there's an option ala HG/SS.

So to rephrase this:

Fairy Attacks against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting Types = SUPER EFFECTIVE

Using Steel and Poison Type Attacks on Fairies = SUPER EFFECTIVE

Using Fire and Psychic Type Attacks on Fairies = NOT VERY EFFECTIVE

Using Dragon Type Attacks on Fairies = IT HAS NO EFFECT

What I think he means is this:

Fairy type attacks are super effective against Dragon, Dark and Fighting, and not very effective against Psychic and Fire. Fairy type Pokémon are immune to Dragon and weak to Steel and Poison.

As far as defensive typing goes, it's kind of disappointing if that is true. Having only a single resistance is going to hurt it a lot, even if it is a pretty nice resistance to have, and it's weak to Steel, meaning Pokémon like Scizor are going to melt it. Offensively on the other hand, Fairy seems like an alright type. Dragon and Fighting being weak to it is pretty damn amazing considering they're arguably the 2 best (non-weather related) offensive types going at the moment, and the types that resist it aren't all that good anyway, and if Fairy does become a dominating type, that might possibly change.

So in other words, Fairy is the new Ice type.

It being weak to Steel isn't too big of a deal unless they introduce a new high base power Steel type move that a good number of viable Pokemon can learn.  Steel is a weak offensive type mainly due to the fact that it has no strong moves.  The only Steel moves with over 100 base power are Doom Desire (exclusive to Jirachi and requires 2 turns of chargin), Iron Tail (inaccurate) and Meteor Mash (only viable Pokemon that can learn it is Metagross and to an extent Clefable).  

But Dark doesn't need to be weak to Fairy, it's not a broken defensive type at all, unless they did it just so Sableye and Spiritomb would get a weakness. But the Steel, Poison and Dragon match ups are awesome.

Also Scizor will have even more fun with Technician Bullet Punch, or there's the Adaptability Mega Lucario's one to worry about.

I just don't get why they didn't do stuff like give Ice a resistance to Fairy attacks, or why Fairy resists Psychic when Psychic is already resisted by more types than it's SE against.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Personally I don't mind Steel being strong against Fairy. It makes Steel a bit more useful since Steel is only good against Rock at the moment. Sure Steel is meant to tank hits rather than dishing damage its still a nice boost. The same goes for Poison for a lesser extent.

But I suppose we should had seen Fairy being strong against Dark coming. It seems to exist to attempt to break balance the metagame, though I use the term loosely. While the Dark type has utility and what not, they tend to struggle a lot due to abundance of Fighting types. Currently there's only 2 Dark pokemon in OU, Hydreigon and Tyranitar, and they manage to have something keeping them up in the current tiers and even then they are wrecked by Fighting types. Fairy would be a major kick to the balls for them, especially since the Dark type was created to counter the broken Psychic types.

How ironic if you were to think about it.

Personally I don't mind Steel being strong against Fairy. It makes Steel a bit more useful since Steel is only good against Rock at the moment.

*and Ice.  People often forget Steel is effective against Ice.

So wait, fairy is strong against Dark? Does that mean Sableye and Spiritomb are no longer immune to super effective hits?

So wait, fairy is strong against Dark? Does that mean Sableye and Spiritomb are no longer immune to super effective hits?

Unless Ghosts resist Fairy then it seems like it

Well, at least Wonder Guard Spiritombs won't be an issue anymore.

They were only an issue in the first place if you thought you had an obligation to beat cheaters. ;p

Hydreigon and the Dark/Fighting types will hate Fairies so much as they're bloody 4X weak to them. As if Hydreigon's Dark type wasn't already a liability... Dark should have resisted Fairy as it barely resists anything.

Gamefreak sucks at balance.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hydreigon and the Dark/Fighting types will hate Fairies so much as they're bloody 4X weak to them. As if Hydreigon's Dark type wasn't already a liability... Dark should have resisted Fairy as it barely resists anything.

Gamefreak sucks at balance.

My EV-trained Hydreigon is very upset.

Consdering how damn overpowered Dragon types anyway, and how freaking useless Ice Types are (unless their duel typing or something), I'm personally glad they have SOMETHING that can put them in their place.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Consdering how damn overpowered Dragon types anyway, and how freaking useless Ice Types are (unless their duel typing or something), I'm personally glad they have SOMETHING that can put them in their place.

I just realized, Dark and Steel types were created to nerf the psychic type since it was so broken in gen 1. Fast forward to the fifth generation where in the first B/W, Gamefreak decides to give the player a fresh experience just like Gen 1 by not having any old pokemon to be obtainable until after the elite 4.

But unfortunately, the Dragon type had become very broken by that time, so to fix this problem, Gamefreak adds the fairy type in order to counter the Dragon type. History has repeated itself.

• Thumbs Up 1