Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I love how many possibilities Mega Kangaskhan opens up, just by virtue of being so weird. I like most of the Mega Evolution designs we've seen so far, but for variety's sake I hope there are as many bizarre ones like Mega Kanga as there are ones that just get bigger hair. There are plenty of Pokemon, especially from the first couple of generations, that could see a lot of their unused potential tapped through this mechanic.

My dream of a fork-wielding Alakazam seems closer than ever~

But didn't Gen 4 change it so that male Kirlias evolve into Gallade and females into Gardevoir?

Edited by Scootaloo

But didn't Gen 4 change it so that male Kirlias evolve into Gallade and females into Gardevoir?

Male KIRLIA evolve into Gallade through a special stone. Male Kirlia can still evolve into Gardevoir if uninterrupted.

Also FutaMegaGardevoir going by that picture.

It's about freaking time they done something with that Baby Kangaskhan.

A powerful Pokemon attacking twice per turn, boy that's crazy.

I'm trying to think of more unconventional possible Mega Evolutions, but my mind keeps on saying "original dragon MegaKyurem."  I suspected and hoped they'd eventually do a Kyurem with combined Black and White aspects anyway, since it did once exist, but Mega Evolution seems like the perfect opportunity, such a creature being truly Mega.

Other than that... MegaPikachu/MegaRaichu is widely anticipated as the series mascot, but what other Pokemon have untapped conceptual or gameplay potential?  I don't keep up with the metagame scene so I can't comment there, but MegaGyarados with one of its types changed to Dragon seems obvious...  MegaSlowbro might make sense as something that could use an ability like Parental Bond, as it's strictly speaking two Pokemon - maybe a variation for multiheaded Pokemon, and I can see MegaDugtrio being something they'd do to finally shed light on the rest of its body.  I saw someone speculate on a MegaKabuterimon-like MegaHeracross, and I can picture it being a Pokemon with design potential...  MegaRelicanth I could see happening.  MegaPorygon-Z I can see an in-universe justification for, given its history of being upgraded and modified.  I think they could probably do something interesting with MegaCofagrigus, too - elevating it to a higher rank of the deceased.  ...Oh, Mega Evolution is part of why they had to lift the character limit on names, isn't it.  Otherwise most of them wouldn't fit.

I'm rooting for MegaSamurott and MegaGallade, just because I want to see how they do it. Or maybe a MegaRegigigas which is just fully awake in battle and doesn't have Slow Start? Or MegaArcheops where it changes a little but canonically it's attitude becomes less defeatist and it loses that hindering ability? The possibilities are endless.

I'm rooting for MegaSamurott and MegaGallade, just because I want to see how they do it. Or maybe a MegaRegigigas which is just fully awake in battle and doesn't have Slow Start? Or MegaArcheops where it changes a little but canonically it's attitude becomes less defeatist and it loses that hindering ability? The possibilities are endless.

MegaSaurott will stand and fight with its swords out and also get a plate of organic armour...oh boy that will be epic.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm just hoping that these mega evolutions don't stop them from coming up with some good actual evolutions for old Pokemon.

I'm still thinking Mawile and Absol are more deserving of some actual evolved forms but we'll see how this pans out.

• Thumbs Up 2

MegaSaurott will stand and fight with its swords out and also get a plate of organic armour...oh boy that will be epic.

Hell yeah, MegaSamurott is problemly the only starter I want with a Mega Form so that it could possibly stand up on 2 legs, it would also increase it's speed.

By the way, here's a nice high quality image of Korrina:

pxy-korrina.jpg

That helmet does look a little like a Mienshao as a couple of folks pointed out, overall cute design.

I predict MegaDragonite with a slimmer, meaner appearance and possibly colored more like its prevos? A lot of people dislike how Dragonite looks Barneyesque, so that might be cool.

MegaCharizard could have a flaming mane, possibly bigger horns. A horn on its nose? General traits to make it more dragon-like.

If MegaCharizard becomes part Dragon type then my childhood will be complete.

• Thumbs Up 9

Torchic looks positively pudgy in that game footage.

Nice to see that its (adorable) idol animation/attack animation includes it running in the 3D plane. I was worried that the 3D plane wouldn't be taken advantage of during sequences like those.

The other 3 Mega Evolutions are now on the official Pokemon site too. Absol's fur stands up on end giving it the appearance of wings, so I guess that's why it's not a Flying type. And Mega Ampharos is said to have Dragon Pulse as well.

I love Mareep and Flaafy, but I've never been that fond of Ampharos because it lost all the wool that made its earlier forms so adorable. Putting it in a giant Marie Antoinette wig is basically the best thing I could have hoped for from a process like this. I definitely approve.

Mega Mawile's in a similar position. The original was just a little too simple for me, and the extra red really helps break it up. The second mouth is nice, but I'm more impressed by the way both mouths are kind of crinkly and there are a few more hair strands coming out of Mawile's head. It feels a lot more natural.

Mega Absol's really pretty, but it seems different enough from base Absol in silhouette that it feels more like a regular evolution than any of the other Mega Evos. I like it, though.