Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I just realized, Dark and Steel types were created to nerf the psychic type since it was so broken in gen 1. Fast forward to the fifth generation where in the first B/W, Gamefreak decides to give the player a fresh experience just like Gen 1 by not having any old pokemon to be obtainable until after the elite 4.

But unfortunately, the Dragon type had become very broken by that time, so to fix this problem, Gamefreak adds the fairy type in order to counter the Dragon type. History has repeated itself.

Yeah, Psychic types were freaking monsters in the first Gen. despite having Ghost Types, Gamefreak messed it up by giving the Ghost trio a Poison typing, making them pretty risky to use against Psychics, not to mention Bug types were pretty useless too, barely having any strong moves at all of their own typing.

Dragonite, while indeed a OP Pokemon, got a weakness to Electric and a 4x weakness to Ice, so it wasn't all that threatening compared to a freaking Alakazam.

Yeah, Psychic types were freaking monsters in the first Gen. despite having Ghost Types, Gamefreak messed it up by giving the Ghost trio a Poison typing, making them pretty risky to use against Psychics, not to mention Bug types were pretty useless too, barely having any strong moves at all of their own typing.

Dragonite, while indeed a OP Pokemon, got a weakness to Electric and a 4x weakness to Ice, so it wasn't all that threatening compared to a freaking Alakazam.

I think you mean Rock, because Dragons resist Electric.

EDIT: I ninjaed Azure :D!

Edited by 743 ED Missile

Electric does neutral damage because of the dragon typing.

Wasn't the Dragonite is weak to thunder a ploy for Pikachu in the anime beating it? 

Nothing was ever mentioned to indicate Pikachu could beat a Dragonite due to a type advantage. Only instance of Pikachu beating DNite was in the Orange Islands, but that bugger took repeated hits from Charizard, Tauros, and Pikachu before finally going down.

Gen 1 Dragonite had Wrap though, and Wrap was fucking stupid back then.  Dragonite could get up an Agility, spam Wrap, then finish you off with Hyper Beam (which was also silly in Gen 1 because if you scored a kill with it you didn't have to recharge).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvS7kuFisnA&feature=youtu.be

Another Poke-promotion.

This time, it's a shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

• • Get Shiny Dialga Aug. 19th – Sept. 8th, 2013!
  • • Get Shiny Palkia Sept. 9th – Sept. 29th, 2013!
  • • Get Shiny Giratina Sept. 30th – Oct. 20th, 2013!
Edited by Wonder Black (AR)

Pikachu and only Pikachu nametalking is the weirdest thing. I wonder if Pichu and Raichu will do it too, or if Pikachu's a total anomaly.

Crobat and Mewtwo sound fine. I'm curious to see how extensively new cries are applied (will Gen III get them too?), and how close they'll sound to the originals. I've kind of forgotten what Crobat and Mewtwo's old cries were like; I guess I'll check that out later.

Okay, I know I'm a few days late, but the idea of MegaPokemon sounds interesting to me. I'll just say one thing though; If I'm not able to have a MegaArcanine, I will be most displeased.

Pikachu and only Pikachu nametalking is the weirdest thing. I wonder if Pichu and Raichu will do it too, or if Pikachu's a total anomaly.

Crobat and Mewtwo sound fine. I'm curious to see how extensively new cries are applied (will Gen III get them too?), and how close they'll sound to the originals. I've kind of forgotten what Crobat and Mewtwo's old cries were like; I guess I'll check that out later.

Probably. That's how it was in Yellow from what I remember.

Consdering how damn overpowered Dragon types anyway, and how freaking useless Ice Types are (unless their duel typing or something), I'm personally glad they have SOMETHING that can put them in their place.

In the process of nerfing Dragons, they fucked over a whole load of other pokemon and type combinations. Dark/Fighting is now totally redundant, same with Hydreigon. Other Dragons won't really give a shit about Fairy type pokemon, they will just no longer run Outrage, and will pack more steel type/poison type attacks should their movepool allow it, and more neutral hitting attacks, and deal with Fairies with sheer power.

Even Mawile with its ridiculously anti-dragon, steel/fairy type will be handily munched by any dragon carrying Earthquake.

Pikachu was the only one with its own Pokemon voice in the two Stadium games as well. It's a nice shout out.

Only a Pikachu being used directly out of Yellow had its anime voice, though. Even if you registered a Yellow team it'd still go back to the regular game voice.

Right. Forgot about that requirement. Eh, still nice though.

Skiddo's Riding theme sounds so similar to Moleville Mountain Railroad theme to me it's silly. Must be the galloping beat to it.

Why do they even bother with cries still?  They always sounded stupid.  They should actually just run with them declaring their names like in the anime.

Oh my god all that music just sounds so GOOD. Thank our lord and saviour Pokemon is finally using proper instruments

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my god all that music just sounds so GOOD. Thank our lord and saviour Pokemon is finally using proper instruments

UL3tFTO.png

Yup.

I think it's still MIDI, but it matters not because all that eventually annoyed me was how low quality the DS soundtracks were, it really held back Gen5's soundtracks in a big way. These high quality MIDIs are perfect for Pokémon, so long as this quality is this standard it can stay MIDI forever and I won't really care.

I'm loving this music quality so far, it's a huge plus to me and it's about freakin' time! Now all it needs is really good composition and I'll be in love with Pokémon music for the first time since Gen4. Which.. wasn't that long ago, but still.

What is up with the Amie music though. Bizarre.

• Thumbs Up 1