Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Torchic on day one? Hell yes! I guess I'm picking Froakie now as the starter. I think we'll all have some fun with pokemon Amie

1175658_316234455189866_725320869_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I think we'll all have some fun with pokemon Amie

wtf

And that was the day I plucked out my own corneas, poured bleach in my eye-sockets, and dunked my head in a pool of acid. The end.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 2

Torchic on day one? Hell yes! I guess I'm picking Froakie now as the starter. I think we'll all have some fun with pokemon Amie

1175658_316234455189866_725320869_n.jpg

I really wish JCDR would stop making these stupid Gardevoir pictures.

• Thumbs Up 2

And another one as well!!

Venustoise.png

LOL thats cool and hideous at the same time. Speaking of Megas, I kind of wish they gave Typhlosion one, and at the same time I wouldnt want them to touch my favorite starter of all time. But Gamefreak seems to always forget him, so I doubt it. Plus hes a beast as he is.

It'd be kind of weird if only a few starters got Mega Evolutions, wouldn't it? I'm sure there's stuff they could do with most of them. Fire/Dragon Charizard, Blastoise with bigger guns, give Infernape a flying cloud to ride, do something to make Meganium a little more interesting, give Serperior its arms back...

I have no idea what you could possibly add to Torterra, though. You can't go much further than back-mountains.

Mega Torterra would be a really small planet, of course.

I suppose "small continent" would probably be the first step above "mountains", but that's not nearly MEGA enough.

Edited by ElementofChaos

Mega Torterra would be a really small planet, of course.

I suppose "small continent" would probably be the first step above "mountains", but that's not nearly MEGA enough.

NINJA´D  Was about to say that! XD  But yeah. Nice ideas Octarine : D I would love to see Infernape with a "flying nimbus" xD A stick if possible too. Your ideas made me wonder... hm. lets see:

-MegaCharizard = More Dragon-esque.

-MegaBlastoise = More cannons (sides ?) and bigger

-MegaVenosaur = Id love to see a standing on foot version, or even bigger plants.

-MegaTyphlosion = ...Hmm.. Id like it too look even fiercer, probably add something around his eyes, claws and his whole back in fire (instead of just neck area)

-MegaFeraligatr = Cant possibly imagine him even more excessive, maybe a color change and larger jaws?

-MegaMeganium(LOL) = Anything here that makes it cooler is welcome.

-MegaBlaziken = We saw.

-MegaSwampert = Id like his orange-y "whiskers" to be larger and probably have some mud on its body?

-MegaSceptile = Id like something aking to a leafy velociraptor XD Dunno why

-MegaInfernape = Like Octarines idea: Flying cloud to mount (and Id add a stick/staff to complete the Sun Wukong idea)

-MegaEmpoleon = Making this a Mega would probably turn out to be a clusterfuck, but I dunno... more King Like?

-MegaTorterra = Little Planet on back

-MegaEmboar = Id make his fists engulfed in fire, maybe change the color scheme a bit. Or add warrior-like aspects

-MegaSamurott = Standing more upright and with full armor and dual swords ?

-MegaSerperior = Giving its arms back xD

Since Flygon is one my favourite Pokémons, i really like it. Good work pal.

• Thumbs Up 1

The fan art of the Mega Cofagrigus, Mega Chandelure and Mega Masquerain inspired me to do a concept sketch for Mega Flygon:

29OzRGq.jpg

Haha thats really well done! good job : )  Id definitely try to get this one in my team :3

• Thumbs Up 1

The fan art of the Mega Cofagrigus, Mega Chandelure and Mega Masquerain inspired me to do a concept sketch for Mega Flygon.

I always find it odd how fans seem to be able to design better Pokemon than the actual designers. This isn't that different from Flygon however it is still far more creative than Kangaskhan and Absol for instance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hate obnoxious this "fans are better" attitude.

That said, I like the Mega Flygon BECAUSE it looks like how I'd expect Gamefreak to do it.

And what, Kangaskhan's Mega form isn't creative because it doesn't have loads of extra spikes and shit? Same with Absol's?

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually feel like the non-flashiness of MegaKangaskhan makes it look out of place.  But perhaps that sense will lessen as further Mega Evolutions are revealed.  On which note, would a cloud-borne MegaInfernape have the Levitate ability, I wonder?  Might they be cheeky enough to supplement MegaTyphlosion with the Fighting type?  ...Ah.  I wrote about Pokemon with untapped conceptual potential a few pages ago, and here's another one: MegaRegigigas, which would be Regigigas before it became overgrown from slumbering in a temple for aeons.  Get rid of all the vegetation, make it look a little less run-down, lose the Slow Start ability... this strikes me as quite plausible.

And what, Kangaskhan's Mega form isn't creative because it doesn't have loads of extra spikes and shit? Same with Absol's?
I generally don't like Gen 4 and 5's designs due to this exact reason. I prefer the simple designs however I said that kangaskhan and absol's mega forms are t that creative as they aren't that visually different to the original unlike MegaBlaziken for example.

I'd call taking advantage of a unique aspect of Kangaskhan's biology and giving it a one-of-a-kind ability pretty creative.

I like most of the Mega Evolution designs - I think a lot of them are improvements, actually - but I'm glad they didn't feel like they had to do that every time. Modifying Kangaskhan in the way they did opened up plenty of weird (creative!) possibilities for what a Mega Evolution can be, and I hope we see some more of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Headcanon firing!

I have a feeling these Mega-Evolutions are going to tie back into the genetics theme we presumed the game was gonna be about.

Since Mega-Evolutions have been stated to not be actual evolutions and only occur during battle, my guess is that these transformations are a result of scientists discovering the true nature as to why and how Pokemon undergo such dramatic transformations, and 'hacking' a Pokemon's genetic code to cause further evolution, even in Pokemon that don't naturally evolve. This might be why, besides Blaziken and Lucario, the only Mega-Evolutions we've been shown so far have all been from Pokemon that can't evolve, including one that was created through genetic engineering.

• Thumbs Up 5

Ampharos, too.

...and I like that idea, but the two things we know for sure are connected to Mega Evolution are an old castle and that rollerskates girl, neither of which seems particularly sciencey.

Edited by Octarine

Soooooooooo my friend sent me this...

1175270_703851272974339_1758375176_n.jpg

Anybody know if this is legit by any chance. Looks really cool if you ask me, I hope it's real.

Edited by Goldenlink64
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ahahaha, that can't be real, no way. It's basically the same thing as Omnimon/Chaosmon, except with Palkia and Dialga.

Also, the size comparison sprites are from Gen 4, which is kinda telling.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 2

Its time for some fan-made Mega Evolutions : D  These all com from Dragoniths deviantart  dragonith.deviantart.com (You can go there and browse the latest in his gallery wich are all Mega evolution concepts : )  Here are my faves:

(Spoilerd for size)

Fully fledged Samurai Bisharp? Epic.  

mega_bisharp_by_dragonith-d6hk6az.png

Now this Id like for Sceptile. This isnt as subtle as the previous, but I find it quite awesome!

mega_sceptile_by_dragonith-d6i1lmm.png

This I know many of you might not like, But I love it somehow. Doesnt scream evolved, but some nice changes here and there.

mega_farfetch_d_by_dragonith-d6ht8jd.png

You can see the rest in the gallery:

http://dragonith.deviantart.com/gallery/

• Thumbs Up 2

Soooooooooo my friend sent me this...

1175270_703851272974339_1758375176_n.jpg

Anybody know if this is legit by any chance. Looks really cool if you ask me, I hope it's real.

Oh hai Omnimon