Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Ugh forgot to mention the new Pokemon! ><

Well, Gogoat's pre evo looks pretty cute. the rabbit looks derp (probably weak too XP) and the Pikachu clone looks generic as usual. Looks like a gerbil, but...that's it really.

Pokemon designs seem to be going the World of Warcraft route: Instead of making cool but simple designs, it's now literally how many spikes, weird color choices and floppy stuff we can attach onto everything. Granted that isn't always a bad thing, but it's getting kind of excessive IMO.

Pokemon designs seem to be going the World of Warcraft route: Instead of making cool but simple designs, it's now literally how many spikes, weird color choices and floppy stuff we can attach onto everything. Granted that isn't always a bad thing, but it's getting kind of excessive IMO.

The mega evolutions seem to go into the "World of Warcraft" route. The actual new pokemon themselves look pretty simple.

....MegaMuck.

I like the sound of this.

MegaChespin better be Blue and Spiky then :D.

Imagine all the fun Game Freak is gonna have with this. Hell, they could even make Mega Evolution DLC. 

I'm waiting for my Mega Tyranitar impatiently. With a side order of dragon type pls

I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand they're finally attempting to change something up but on the other hand I feel this kind of takes away the feeling of evolution. I mean what's so big about your pokemon evolving when WAIT THERE'S SOMETHING MEGA? Just blegh

Well at least we know what Mewtwo's new form is anyway... wait a Legendary can technically evolve now!

Just an FYI, while the whole comparison with Digimon is a bit silly ("Mega" is a term that's only used by the Digimon dub, the original Japanese uses 'Ultimate' instead, but the dubbers used that name for the evolution stage before that one (which was originally named 'Perfect'), and thus wrote themselves into a corner as a result, which is kinda silly), it's not the first time that Pokemon has 'borrowed' something from Digimon. Digimon was doing alternate 'formes' before it was cool, you know, as far back as 2002 with Imperialdramon Fighter Mode. Hell, I'd say these 'Mega' forms are more akin to the 'Burst Mode' transformation from Digimon Savers than anything else.

And Shin Megami Tensei was doing pretty much everything both of them were doing long before it was cool, but still.

What's the real difference between a "mega" evolution and a regular one? And they're just called Mega*insertpokemonnamehere*? That's pretty lame. I can't say I'm very hyped about this :/

What's the real difference between a "mega" evolution and a regular one? And they're just called Mega*insertpokemonnamehere*? That's pretty lame. I can't say I'm very hyped about this :/

As you can see, they have different skills, probably stats and moves and some even get a new typing like MegaAmpharos which is Electric/Dragon.

Edited by Tmsp

Guys, I have something to share. First, play this...

Now, watch this:

tumblr_mr8ravE2nm1rueh64o1_250.gif

I may not agree with the Digimon comparison, but this is still pretty rad.

• Thumbs Up 7

There are cleaner scans now and more info.

• Not all Pokemon have Mega Evolutions.
  • In order to Mega Evolve the eligible Pokemon needs to be holding the Mega Stone.
  • As predicted the Mega Pokemon appear in battles only.
  • Mega Evolutions have increased stats, with CoroCoro citing two examples: Mega Lucario has higher Attack and Mega Absol has higher Attack and Speed. Mega Mewtwo obviously has higher Speed as we saw in the Genesect film.
  • The "Blazikenite" item cannot be found through normal gameplay.
  • The Super Training area allows you to increase your Pokemon's "Kiso Points." These are probably what we fans have termed EVs all these years going by what our source said about the facility increasing EVs.
  • A new area called the Master Tower is related to Mega Evolutions.
  • The next CoroCoro will feature the new type chart reflecting the Fairy-type, new Pokemon, and new Mega Evolutions.
  • Thumbs Up 1

So it really is during battle only feature? That's pretty lame( I never liked anything that would contain constant form-switching. I like PERMANENT changes with the ability to change back like Deoxys or Kyurem forms.

So it really is during battle only feature? That's pretty lame( I never liked anything that would contain constant form-switching. I like PERMANENT changes with the ability to change back like Deoxys or Kyurem forms.

Giratina's snake like form is my favorite of his two forms.

Giratina's snake like form is my favorite of his two forms.

I love it as well). It's still a permanent form-change. You just have to hold a griseous orb.

I think the new Mega Forms look really cool, I can't wait to see what their stats how and how they play. As for the new Pokemon, I'm not liking them very much. They look kinda goofy and I think the rabbit one is going to be this Gens Rattata.

They'll be treated like Burst Evolution in Digimon Savers. Ash will get mad as fuck and Charizard's hot blood will make him give a roar of passion as he goes berserk

...Charizard Burst Mode!? DDDDDD8

Well caught wind of this, and honestly I think they're super fun sounding haha. They're a little over-the-top, but I think it's a fun way to spice things up, especially some older Pokemon that have been left in the shadows or something. I just wanna say I hope there's a counterbalance really. I really think that maybe after a few turns, or doing something against these mega Pokemon should make them "power down," or at least come at some cost some how.

I actually dig a lot of the designs and am excited to see some more, hopefully some various other favorites of mine having mega forms, seeing as a large amount of my favorites are in the "meh" category stratigic-battle-wise haha. I think what's funnier is how these are such a big deal enough to overshadow what I've been most excited about seeing this Gen: brand new Pokemon.

But yeah, MegaZoroark, MegaMightyena, and/or MegaMarowak at least plz.

Or hell, give some strange ones some mega forms like Shedinja or Smeargle or the much needed Shuckle.

Oh so that rumour was right on the spot then! its just a temporarily power-up. Funny how you cant please everyone xD Yesterday: Most people "Awww game ruined forever!!! dont touch the game!! 4th evolution blah" and now that its confirmed that they are not evolutions but temporary power-ups "so its only Temporary? thats lame. I wanted it to be permanent" XD (no offense ArtFenix, its just for comparisons sake, Im not trying to offend you xD )

Also that new scan shows MegaMewtwo vs MegaLucario, and some clean gameplay shots. Looks awesome.

corocoro8139.jpgcorocoro81310.jpg

Scans are from serebii of course.

Also, This makes me want Mewtwo and Lucario in smash with mega forms for Final smash : P

EDIT: Speaking of Mega Evolutions:  New trailer with footage of them!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU

Edited by dabbido
  • Thumbs Up 2

The new gym leader is called Korrina, and there's a grinding thing going on in her gym. I can't figure out what type she's using, though.

However, MegaLucario somehow looks slightly less bad in gameplay and the more I see of this game the more I get a childish shit eating grin.