Awoo.

SSMB's FIRST FORUM ZOMBIE TAG

Pelly <3's U

I'm in.

One question, though. How long does infection take? That is, how long does a bitten player have to wait before becoming a zombie? If it's immediately, then this came could potentially be very short.

The bitten player basically can be a zombie whenever, obviously if they're not online or something there'd be a wait, but other then that I'm not imposing any strict limitations. As this is the first time we're doing this I'm trying to keep it both as simple as I possibly can, along with using it to see what works and doesn't for future tweaks. 

I've got some behind the scenes ideas that can be brought out to help balance the game more and extend things if need be, but I'm not overly concerned with it being on the short side for now.

One thing I'm counting on is a large number of non-players (NPCs) who can help 'wall' the zombies, but other than that it's just kind of a danger zone.

Of course I'm reading everyone's concerns/suggestions and keeping them in mind for when the game starts.

I...just can't resist such a fun idea.

*goes to settings. Disables "Hide all signatures"*

My post in the example wasn't actually spam, we just spend most of our time talking about all facets of politics in the staff subforum, including the attractive qualities of those who engage in foreign policies like Princess Peach.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was under the assumption that the need to write "INFECTED" and the "one human a day" stipulation would render optional the action of actually turning the players into zombies.

I'm not sure why you'd have reservations about infecting another anyway, no one's gonna get mad over it if you do (or at least they better not). But yes it's not a mandatory thing.

On the other hand, trying to save your infection for a specific target would be fun and more devious !

• Thumbs Up 1

Put me down...

As a zombie... I swear I won't stop until everyone on SSMB is a zombie!

I just don't have the energy or time commitment to take part in this sort of thing, so I'll sit it out.

Go on then, I'll be a part of this. If nothing else it'll be a nice excuse to post more XD

Definitely want to be a part of this, would be pretty fun. I WILL ZOMBIFY EVERYONE. :3

Pelly do the human resistance have any form of protection against Zombies and infection besides NPC posters walling us between? Perhaps another class than can save a human from a zombie once every day, like a Soldier or something? Just a thought.

Not at the moment no, like I said I've got a couple ideas in the back that could potentially come out if need be to give humans more protection, but to keep things simple for now (as I've already seen/had to explain quite a bit of stuff people were confused about), and to make sure that we're not too disruptive to the board with this, I'd like to try and start things as simply as possible. 

If I see that things are going well with this, then there's potential to expand upon the base idea....either by adding stuff in this game later or for future games.

But like I said if anyone has any ideas of ways to improve the game feel free to post them here, and we can definitely keep it in mind/discuss adding it in.

I'd be up for taking part as well

...do I need to be infected to bite people though? :V

• Thumbs Up 2

as long as I get to shoot Kami in the Head when he turns, I'm in, I guess

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok sign ups are over and the first zombie has been notified

Oh PS I should have said this before, but you can't infect people in this topic...this is our 'safe house' 

Anyways happy survival

(and I edited your sig in a crude way with the pic if you said you wanted to play, feel free to fix it)

Can I be the person who shows up late to the party and is like "whoa what the hell where did this apocalypse come from?" Or I could just add the picture into my signature and act like it was there already. Yeah, that could work.
If anyone has a problem with it they can bite me.

I thought only one person a day could get infected? that's like 3 now!? Have I muddled up the rules a little?

There can be multiple infections a day, but say if you were a zombie, you could only infect one person a day.

One person per zombie. So, I'm assuming if a person has turned into a zombie, then that person is free to immediately infect someone, so it's not surprising that three people have already succumbed to the horrors of the apocalypse.

*dances around the immunity zone*

BTW, you guys don't want me. I'm all gamey and vengeful. D: