Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Ok, I'm back from a test I took, and I read everything you people said. There are about half a dozen things wrong in your comments, but I really don't care about any of this flim-flam anymore. I really don't want to be a part of a site like this, and rather than banning me, I ask that you outright delete my account and wipe all traces of my presence from the forum. In my opinion, this place is a downright perversion of everything Sonic represents, and I want out. Please delete my account, and if you see me on a forum in another website, please do not communicate with me. Just send a PM telling me when I can expect my account to be deleted in its entirety. I regret being a part of these forums, and I can envision how much crap my friends would give me if they found out I was active in a forum where people actually like Sonic '06, and the population of furries is higly over-represented.

One closing comment; "The right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins" does not apply to freedom of speech because words cannot directly harm an individual. You just perverted the words of Oliver Wendell Holmes egregiously. Understand that before you declare war on the 1st amendment.

EDIT: Which Sonic fansites don't have furries? Which Sonic fan sites don't have people who like Sonic '06?

Edited by Enchiladas los Banditos

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a nice day.

EDIT: Which Sonic fansites don't have furries? Which Sonic fan sites don't have people who like Sonic '06?

Eghads! Opinions on the internet!

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't think the majority of people here likes Sonic '06.

nor liked the romance shit between Sonic and Elise.

it's just that the problem is not just that, it's more on the execution side than on the concept per se.

and I can envision how much crap my friends would give me if they found out I was active in a forum where people actually like Sonic '06,

Stating the fact and truth that the kiss was not bestiality =/= Liking SONIC 2006. And they sound like pretty shitty friends if they criticise you for partaking in a community that just so happened to hold it's own opinions.

• Thumbs Up 2

Staff do not delete accounts, because it's unnecessary work on our ends and because some people will inevitably want their accounts back. Instead, we take it upon members to gracefully sign out permanently and not make too much of a fuss about leaving. You are free to go.

Also, the first amendment has limitations on the rights it allows our citizenry. Incitement to violence, for example, is illegal speech. Nice attempt to get the last word in after calling us perverts. You will not be missed.

Ok, I'm back from a test I took, and I read everything you people said. There are about half a dozen things wrong in your comments, but I really don't care about any of this flim-flam anymore. I really don't want to be a part of a site like this, and rather than banning me, I ask that you outright delete my account and wipe all traces of my presence from the forum. In my opinion, this place is a downright perversion of everything Sonic represents, and I want out. Please delete my account, and if you see me on a forum in another website, please do not communicate with me. Just send a PM telling me when I can expect my account to be deleted in its entirety. I regret being a part of these forums, and I can envision how much crap my friends would give me if they found out I was active in a forum where people actually like Sonic '06, and the population of furries is higly over-represented.

One closing comment; "The right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins" does not apply to freedom of speech because words cannot directly harm an individual. You just perverted the words of Oliver Wendell Holmes egregiously. Understand that before you declare war on the 1st amendment.

Be sure to let the door hit you on the way out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I regret being a part of these forums, and I can envision how much crap my friends would give me if they found out I was active in a forum where people actually like Sonic '06, and the population of furries is higly over-represented.

... Okay, let me get this straight: because people are arguing that a single kiss, done for the primary purpose of reviving an anthropomorphic and sapient character, is not equivalent to full-blown fucking said character, they not only like said game where such a kiss occurred, but also desire the opportunity to fuck an animal themselves?

Man, are you for real?

• Thumbs Up 7

I didn't call you perverts. To say you perverted the words of another individual does not insinuate I called you a sexual pervert.

There is no incitement to violence through free speech because others have free will and can thus decide whether or not to commit an act of violence. Again- words don't hurt people; people hurt people.

If you're done trying to tell me that total freedom of speech is not a right, then bye!

EDIT: Seriously, delete my account!

Edited by Enchiladas los Banditos

There is no incitement to violence through free speech because others have free will and can thus decide whether or not to commit an act of violence. Again- words don't hurt people; people hurt people.

If you're done trying to tell me that total freedom of speech is not a right, then bye!

Crowded theater + yelling fire = bad.

Nope.

Bye!

• Thumbs Up 2

Total freedom of speech doesn't really exist on a private forum anyways, so your point is invalid.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do not tell staff what to do. The rule is that we do not delete accounts. If you're going to ragequit then do so, but don't expect us to honor any demands that go against site protocol. Please leave if you are going to; if not, then stop shitting up the thread.

Now that that's out of the way, let me just state once again that, as far as I'm concerned, all 3 of the main "Modern Sonic" games (Unleashed, Colors, and Generations) are awesome and fun in my book. If it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't even still be a Sonic fan now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unpopular Opinion:

Unleashed is the best of the Modern Trilogy OVERALL, Colors is the odd one in the middle, and Generations has the best gameplay, but the worst in a lot of other aspects.

• Thumbs Up 1

Along the same track, I don't the think plot of Sonic Generations is some unholy abomination. The only thing I dislike about it is the lack of potshots to the levels/games after Chemical Plant Zone.

Along the same track, I don't the think plot of Sonic Generations is some unholy abomination. The only thing I dislike about it is the lack of potshots to the levels/games after Chemical Plant Zone.

It's not a total abomination and it is salvageable, I can agree to that, but it's a HUGE disappointment. How the hell do you manage to make a plot with a structure WORSE than Unleashed (who has no middle) and Colors (who overloaded the plot with humor to the point that major plot points were lost/resolved too quickly)?

Generations plot isn't as big a problem as certain people make it our to be, but it's still a large case if wasted potential, especially for an anniversary title and I think that's where people's contention lies. It could(and should) have been so much more, but alas.

It's not a total abomination and it is salvageable, I can agree to that, but it's a HUGE disappointment. How the hell do you manage to make a plot with a structure WORSE than Unleashed (who has no middle) and Colors (who overloaded the plot with humor to the point that major plot points were lost/resolved too quickly)?

Thanks for reminding me.

Another unpopular opinion: I have no problems with Colors' plot (such as it is).

• Thumbs Up 2

My unpopular opinion is that I think the whole Modern argument is overblown severely on this forum, the general result of people insecure about the fact that not everyone likes their favorite game as much as they do. I think it's difficult to find someone who hates all or even most of the Modern trilogy if they're not already adversed to the gameplay itself. At worst, Unleashed gets the short end of the stick because Werehog, but they're all important and good games in the grand scheme of things. Disagreement generally comes down to nuance and what you personally find important or tolerable in the context of a gaming experience. I for example don't hate Colors or Generations; I just don't find them without flaws, so in an environment that is kind to them, they're amazingly easy to talk shit about. This is inevitably construed as hate by somebody, no matter how many times I clarify, so cue talking shit about Unleashed in retaliation. I think if people just chilled the fuck out a little, we could all enjoy our favorite Modern game(s) much more positively. xP

• Thumbs Up 4

Unpopular Opinion(?): The majority of Unleashed that I actually liked involved the Werehog. Everything else was just that much worse No seriously, I think it's one of the best things ol' Leashy brought to the table. But... I can see why the Werehog is in it's position though (see; it's a fucking stupid idea, but that doesn't mean the execution was all-bad). If you look past the dumb concept you can have a pretty great time flailing about like an idiot at Kingdom Hearts rejects... with no survivors >=)

Edited by Starscream
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well you could say that about all of the games honestly, but I guess the modern games get it the worst. People need to stop getting so worked up over opinions, it's pointless.

I think the main problem is the refusal to acknowledge the absolute positivities of certain games. For example, I've seen Unleashed's worldbuilding not getting put on the pedestal that it deserves to be on especially in light of the latter two games not having anywhere near even an ounce of that level of detail. It's as if us Unleashed fans are treated like we can't hold an objective view of the game because we value what it offers and value the care that went into it under the pretense that somehow, gameplay is vastly more important than everything else. To me, it isn't, because I value Sonic games that are balanced in what they portray and worldbuilding is important to me because I find that the world the games are set in is immensely interesting and endearing.

When I've made my views known in the Colours vs Unleashed thread, my love for both games and objectivity compels me to view them in a balanced way, call out their weaknesses and praise their positivities. With me, it's not so much 'calling out shit' on Generations and Colours and Unleashed because I love those games, it's more a case of judging them with a analytical and unbiased viewpoint.

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 7

Well you could say that about all of the games honestly, but I guess the modern games get it the worst. People need to stop getting so worked up over opinions, it's pointless.

If I could help it, I would.

For example, I've seen Unleashed's worldbuilding not getting put on the pedestal that it deserves to be on especially in light of the latter two games not having anywhere near even an ounce of that level of detail.

I'd take it more seriously if any of it actually survived past the one game.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the main problem is the refusal to acknowledge the absolute positivities of certain games. For example, I've seen Unleashed's worldbuilding not getting put on the pedestal that it deserves to be on especially in light of the latter two games not having anywhere near even an ounce of that level of detail. It's as if us Unleashed fans are treated like we can't hold an objective view of the game because we value what it offers and value the care that went into it under the pretense that somehow, gameplay is vastly more important than everything else. To me, it isn't, because I value Sonic games that are balanced in what they portray and worldbuilding is important to me because I find that the world the games are set in is immensely interesting and endearing.

When I've made my views known in the Colours vs Unleashed thread, my love for both games and objectivity compels me to view them in a balanced way, call out their weaknesses and praise their positivities. With me, it's not so much 'calling out shit' on Generations and Colours and Unleashed because I love those games, it's more a case of judging them with a analytical and unbiased viewpoint.

But that's the thing isn't it? Something you consider a major positive might be something another person doesn't care about/thinks is a negative. Really, these debates (and most debates anywhere really) are people arguing which one of their subjective opinions is more sound. Which isn't a bad thing, but nothing to get too heated or angry over.

• Thumbs Up 1