Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Unpopular opinion: I actually like the very early Archie Sonic Comics. Before the Penders-era, the comic was pretty much all comedy and no drama. Even calling it an "adventure" comic might be stretching it considering that pretty much all situations were played for laughs. These early comics along with AoStH are the only 100% comedic incarnations of the franchise, and as much as I loved AoStH as a kid, I nowadays prefer the former. While AoStH was mostly based on slapstick, the humor of the early Archie comics was a blend of puns, fourth-wall-breaking-jokes, pop-culture parody and plain old wit. And granted, none of the humor was exactly brilliant, but a lot of it was still more clever than one might expect from a cheesy early-90's childrens comic meant to sell video games. An example of what I consider a surprisingly acceptable joke: They once had a sort of spoof "commercial" for the comic within the pages of the comic itself, where they stated all kinds of reason for why one should continue to buy it. One of these reasons was "It features a hot female character dressed in nothing except a miniscule two-piece outfit" and under the text is a picture of Sally pointing to her boots. Get it, two boots, a "two-piece" outfit? Eh? Eh?

Oh okay, so it isn't exactly Seinfeld or anything, but I thought it was funny enough. tongue.png

Edited by batson

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As someone who doesn't see any problems with the general idea of a non-human trading saliva with a human-

What? WHAT?!

EDIT: I think I've had enough internet for a while...

Edited by Enchiladas los Banditos

What? WHAT?!

He said he has no problem with non-humans kissing humans. Something wrong?

Why haven't we seen Metal Sonic in a while? The last time we really seen him was in Heroes.

I know about Sonic 4, and the Boss Fight in Sonic Gen, but what ever happened to him?

I'm hoping he'll make a grand appearance pretty soon. 

Maybe in some new adventure game.

• Thumbs Up 1

He said he has no problem with non-humans kissing humans. Something wrong?

What is this i don't even

The Cat Returns has a scene like this at the end, IIRC.

That's a little disturbing...

At least it's not a long drawn-out kiss with a dead animal. I'm just saying that if we think of the real life absurdity of the scenario, it doesn't seem particularly appealing.

That's a little disturbing...

At least it's not a long drawn-out kiss with a dead animal. I'm just saying that if we think of the real life absurdity of the scenario, it doesn't seem particularly appealing.

Good thing this isn't real life then now is it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm just saying that if we think of the real life absurdity of the scenario, it doesn't seem particularly appealing.

Well if Sonic characters (or something similar; nonhuman but with effectively human minds) actually existed, being opposed to a relationship of that sort would kinda be the "bigoted old man" position.
  • Thumbs Up 2

What? WHAT?!

EDIT: I think I've had enough internet for a while...

I take it someone's never played games like Mass Effect where you can have alien boy/girlfriends? Nevermind we humans have gone as far as to sexualize all sorts of things in myths like Mermaids, Sirens, Gods and Goddesses, and all sorts of other deities and mythological stuff and we even carry it into this day as far as fiction goes?

Seriously, how close-minded can you get? You act like I'm talking about it being okay for humans to have sex with wild, non-sentient animals.

Edit: And it's hard to take someone seriously when they chop off a whole sentence and fail to read the rest of it afterwards.

As someone who doesn't see any problems with the general idea of a non-human trading saliva with a human, there's a difference when you take a cartoony character with a realistic one and portray it seriously than it would if you did them both realistically or cartoony.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just find it weird when a super cartoony hedgehog like sonic tries to be in a series relationship with a final fantasy esque looking human.:P

• Thumbs Up 1

Well if Sonic characters (or something similar; nonhuman but with effectively human minds) actually existed, being opposed to a relationship of that sort would kinda be the "bigoted old man" position.

"Bigoted old man-" this is a blatant straw-man argument logical fallacy. Discriminating based on species is not the same thing as discriminating based on race or ethnicity because I do not discriminate against humans. All this conversation is missing is a juvenile college freshman reductio ad hitlerum against me.

Attack my argument, not one you made up for me.

Besides that, you didn't even present an argument as to why I'm wrong to think that bestiality and necrophilia are disgusting. I can't believe I even need to explain to you what's wrong with sexually fantasizing about animals.

By the way, I've never played Mass Effect, but video game aliens usually just look like humans with purple/blue/green skin and maybe pointier ears or slight physiological differences. It's hardly different than kissing a playboy model wearing bunny ears- no implication of bestiality. I'm sorry, but Mass Effect is not the same as kissing a dead blue hedgehog that looks nothing like a human.

EDIT: Did you seriously compare me to a racist because I think bestiality and necrophilia are disgusting? By your logic, everyone who doesn't visit 4chan is a bigot. I'm pretty sure this demographic includes most of your family and >99% of all attractive women.

By the way, I've never played Mass Effect, but video game aliens usually just look like humans with purple/blue/green skin and maybe pointier ears or slight physiological differences. It's hardly different than kissing a playboy model wearing bunny ears- no implication of bestiality. I'm sorry, but Mass Effect is not the same as kissing a dead blue hedgehog that looks nothing like a human.

Don't forget the mermaids, the deities, and since you're talking about necrophilia don't forget about Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. Also Beauty and the Beast and the Frog Prince.

But hey, since you're talking about strawmans,

Pretty sure they weren't talking about beastiality or necrophila.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

The main problem with bestiality is that animals cannot consent (this is why aliens are presumed to be fine to bang in fiction; we assume the human-like ones can consent. However, if aliens were creepy-crawly animals, then you'd been seen as a weirdo to bang one). However, Sonic can consent because he is sapient like a human, hence why he was also charged with theft and presumably resisting arrest and thrown in jail, something that has never happened in real life with a real hedgehog. Anyone looking at the various situations Sonic has gotten into from the basis that he is a hedgehog that is somehow mentally on par with a real hedgehog would have to conclude that the whole damn series would not make sense. Therefore, to call out the kiss alone on the "oh, he's an animal!" front, and not take to task every single other time Sonic has been treated like a human instead of an animal, is bullshit. It's also bullshit because bestiality is defined as sex with an animal, which didn't happen in the game. It's even further bullshit because necrophilia is sex with a corpse, which also didn't happen.

This argument needs to stop because it's all bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 9

You're talking about plot points in which the life or humanity of the damsel in distress could be restored with a kiss. Kissing an animal or corpse with the expectation that it will turn into a beautiful live woman is a lot different than intrinsically wanting to kiss an animal or a corpse.

By the way,  I read your whole post when I replied; bestiality isn't sane no matter how hard you try to surrealize the scenario. Furthermore, tha statement, "As someone who doesn't see any problems with the general idea of a non-human trading saliva with a human-" is an independent clause, and there is no subordinate clause that modifies what you said. Rather, you followed with another independent clause explaining that you prefer your necro-bestiality between two characters drawn with the same art style.

If you're referring to your other post, "we humans have gone as far as to sexualize all sorts of things in myths..." I read all of that, and this clause I just quoted is another in a long list of logical fallacies. You have made this inductive argument: some humans have sexualized mythical cratures; I am a human; therefore I sexualized mythical creatures. The fallacious logic of that statement can be used to say that any black person has stolen money because some black people have, and for all of my judgements of you, I don't think you're a racist.

I am not a hypocrite because I did not mispresent your argment nor have I ever sexualized an animal, corpse, alien, or mythical creature.

I don't care about Sonic making out with Elise, a cat, a goat or whatever the writers feels he must, what really pisses me however is bad writing.

I don't see much things wrong with Sonic and Elise as a "couple" at all, not at the core of the concept at least, Sonic is a  character with a human mind, full stop. sure, it's a bit weird but it's not BAD per se, it can be done well (if someone is stupid enough to try that again)

what was terribad however was the execution, and that's where the shit lives.

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 1

The main problem with bestiality is that animals cannot consent (this is why aliens are presumed to be fine to bang in fiction; we assume the human-like ones can consent. However, if aliens were creepy-crawly animals, then you'd been seen as a weirdo to bang one). However, Sonic can consent because he is sapient like a human, hence why he was also charged with theft and presumably resisting arrest and thrown in jail, something that has never happened in real life with a real hedgehog. Anyone looking at the various situations Sonic has gotten into from the basis that he is a hedgehog that is somehow mentally on par with a real hedgehog would have to conclude that the whole damn series would not make sense. Therefore, to call out the kiss alone on the "oh, he's an animal!" front, and not take to task every single other time Sonic has been treated like a human instead of an animal, is bullshit. It's also bullshit because bestiality is defined as sex with an animal, which didn't happen in the game. It's even further bullshit because necrophilia is sex with a corpse, which also didn't happen.

This argument needs to stop because it's all bullshit.

A kiss on the mouth is a sexual act, hence we don't kiss our mothers or sisters on the mouth. On top of that, Elise thought Sonic might have been dead- that's necrophila! Necrophilia is not the act of intercourse with a corpse, it is sexual attraction to a corpse.

You might dislike what I'm saying, but that doesn't necessarily make what I'm saying "bullshit." Reality exists independently of our perceptions of it.

It'd help if you were using the term "bestiality" properly. You aren't. Diogenes' argument comparing your statements to those of racism was actually the accurate one.

Necrophilia is not the act of intercourse with a corpse, it is sexual attraction to a corpse.

And your proof that Elise was sexually attracted to Sonic is...

A kiss on the mouth is a sexual act, hence we don't kiss our mothers or sisters on the mouth. On top of that, Elise thought Sonic might have been dead- that's necrophila! Necrophilia is not the act of intercourse with a corpse, it is sexual attraction to a corpse.

You might dislike what I'm saying, but that doesn't necessarily make what I'm saying "bullshit." Reality exists independently of our perceptions of it.

Uh, I still do kiss my mom on the mouth. There's a difference between kissing and tonguing.

And yes, my argument makes everything you're saying bullshit because you're not taking into account Sonic's sapience, which separates him from a real animal and thus makes legal classifications of real animals obsolete when applied to the universe, or actual definitions of the words "necrophilia" and "bestiality."

I don't care about Sonic making out with Elise, a cat, a goat or whatever the writers feels he must, what really pisses me however is bad writing.

I don't see much things wrong with Sonic and Elise as a "couple" at all, not at the core of the concept at least, Sonic is a  character with a human mind, full stop. sure, it's a bit weird but it's not BAD per se, it can be done well (if someone is stupid enough to try that again)

what was terribad however was the execution, and that's where the shit lives.

Why couldn't they use Amy as a love interest instead? She was literally made for Sonic- it's a lot less creepy than interpsecies love.

It'd help if you were using the term "bestiality" properly. You aren't. Diogenes' and Nepenthe's argument was actually the accurate one.

And your proof that Elise was sexually attracted to Sonic is...

My proof is the fact that she kissed Sonic on the mouth.

You've still failed to define the kiss as a sexual act. A kiss on the mouth is not inherently sexual. Nor is a kiss on the mouth copulation, which is actually required to meet the definition for either bestiality or necrophilia.

Uh, I still do kiss my mom on the mouth. There's a difference between kissing and tonguing.

And yes, my argument makes everything you're saying bullshit because you're not taking into account Sonic's sapience, which separates him from a real animal and thus makes legal classifications of real animals obsolete when applied to the universe, or actual definitions of the words "necrophilia" and "bestiality."

1) Aaaaaaallrighty then... Could you tell me a little more about your mother???

2) His classification within his own universe is irrelevant to reality. By that logic, I'm U.S. President in my own fictional universe, therefore I'm the President in reality.

Did Elise even kiss him on the mouth? Unless I'm mistaken, the kiss itself was obscured from view by that bright light.

You've still failed to define the kiss as a sexual act. A kiss on the mouth is not inherently sexual. Nor is a kiss on the mouth copulation, which is actually required to meet the definition for either bestiality or necrophilia.

You ignored what I said earlier. Necrophilia is attraction to a corpse. Just look at the greek root word, philia which means "love."

Wait are you guys trying to argue whether it would be okay in reality for sonic and Elise to be Ina relationship or something?