Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Sorry guys, but I just don't see the appeal in this game. 

You say that as if Advance 3 is some really popular game when it really isn't It's pretty fucking loathed for the most part.

I can take it or leave it, personally.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've already said that I like Advance 3, but on the flip side, Advance 2 is easily the worst of the trilogy for me. Advance may have been a bit bland, but the difficulty wasn't cheap. And the level design in 2 is worse, to boot. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I've already said that I like Advance 3, but on the flip side, Advance 2 is easily the worst of the trilogy for me. Advance may have been a bit bland, but the difficulty wasn't cheap. And the level design in 2 is worse, to boot. 

I completely agree. I actually like Advance 3 the most even though some of the object placement is terrible (the level design itself isn't that bad, it's the enemy and spike and pit placements that are the problem), the character combos add a lot of replay value for me. It's not great, though. While Advance 1 is technically better, I find it kind of bland myself.

Sonic Rush Adventure is the best Dimps game, though. I love the variety of levels and bosses that it presents.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I actually think that Sonic Labyrinth is alright. I mean, it's by no means a great game (to say the least), but I still have some fun with it.

I actually fucking hate Sonic Advance 3.

you april fools

Fools nuthin...I just wanted to see Tornado rip you apart. :P

I actually think that Sonic Labyrinth is alright. I mean, it's by no means a great game (to say the least), but I still have some fun with it.

Never mind from what I've seen, the "slow shoes" gimmick is easily beaten simply with a spin dash. Eggman didn't think this one through all the way, I don't think.

Never mind from what I've seen, the "slow shoes" gimmick is easily beaten simply with a spin dash. Eggman didn't think this one through all the way, I don't think.

... I wasn't talking about the game's "gimmick."

... I wasn't talking about the game's "gimmick."

I know you weren't. :P I was just talking about the game as a whole; it seems a common complaint is how he's rendered so slow by the game's design, but that weakness is easily surpassed just by spindashing all over the place.

Well that's kind of the point. It's just, that's not what people expect out of a Sonic game, and arguably it doesn't work all that well.

Well that's kind of the point. It's just, that's not what people expect out of a Sonic game, and arguably it doesn't work all that well.

I don't think there's any arguing about it at all. It's like Sonic moving slow as the Werehog and being expected to crouch and run instead of just... you know, normal running. Impressive to see SEGA was experimenting with speed-breaking alternative forms of gameplay all the way back then and still kept trying to redeem the concept up until 2008.

I mean, in terms of unpopular opinions, I don't mind alternative gameplay (except the stupid fishing) generally, but really, you think they'd learn their lesson.

You say that as if Advance 3 is some really popular game when it really isn't It's pretty fucking loathed for the most part.

I can take it or leave it, personally.

Really? I've only seen about 2 people hate Advance 3, yet I know tons of people that love it

• Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Nevermind, my mistake.

I suppose I ought to think of another opinion since this is now a meaningless post otherwise. Okay, well, relating to my viewpoint on the other villains... I think even Black Doom is better than Eggman Nega.

That isn't entirely nonsensical. While the Black Arms were extremely cliched in both concept and execution, at least there was more to them than "Eggman, if he was twice as evil and crazy".

Well, as I've said in the past, the Black Arms with their comical stupidity were at least front and center, unlike Nega and Mephiles, who had some "clever" facade to hide behind, and be something they're not.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I'm actually one of those who is indifferent about Sonic Advance 3 but HATES Sonic Advance 2. Bottomless pits, terrible running boss battles, the worst bonus stages in any Sonic game ever! How do you expect me to go through the entire game with every. Single. Character collecting every. Single. Chaos Emerald?! And getting to the special stages isn't the easiest task either, running around looking for 10 teeny tiny coins scattered all over each stage. Thank God Dimps used their common senses and never reintroduced this stupid idea. ><

Fans that hate on sonic 06 *please dont start arguing just read* I know its buggy and i know its glitchy but for me I love princess elise she was cute to me. Second the music was steller and the CG was probably the best any sonic game has ever got. Makes me wonder how good it would have been if sega didnt rush it just for the 15th anniversary. But anyay just my opinon dont kill me over it.

Okay, but I think those are rather weak reasons for liking the game.

• Thumbs Up 8

but for me I love princess elise she was cute to me

Well, I only liked how she looked in the first and last cutscene. In those she looked cute, I must agree. But in-game she looked terrible and in other cgi scenes she looked like some asian alien (not to be racist) specifically in the one with the cherry blossom. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I think it was a bit of a silly choice for the SEGA Superstars/All-Stars series to change its name not only to include Sonic in the title but also to later fade out the Sega name to the point that the latest game in the franchise is just called "Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed". To me this is a bit embarrassing as a Sega fan because not only does it make it sound like Sonic is the only franchise they still make but it belittles all of their other franchises as well and shows they don't have any faith in promoting the other IP's they own IMO.

Well okay, but let's look at the SEGA series' represented in ASRT:

• Sonic: Alive
  • Monkey Ball: Dying
  • Space Channel 5: Dead
  • Jet Set Radio: Dead
  • Skies of Arcadia: Dead
  • Crazy Taxi: Dead
  • NiGHTS: Dead
  • Golden Axe: Dead
  • Samba di Amigo: Dead
  • Alex Kidd: Dead
  • Shinobi: Presumed dead after a flop of a sequel for 3DS
  • Football Manager: Hardly even an IP
  • Total War: Still alive! We found a survivor, guys!
  • Billy Hatcher: Dead
  • Burning Rangers: DoA
  • After Burner: Dead
  • House of the Dead: Ironically, it's presumably still alive
  • OutRun: Dead

And then add to that Valve's TF2, Disney's Ralph and the real world's Danica Patrick... yeah, there's not really much going for the series that necessitates an even longer title by including "SEGA".

Edited by Blue Blood

That's what Sonic Riders is for. xP

Granted, I think the idea behind All-Stars Racing is good in theory because it's giving these franchises far more exposure than they'd probably have otherwise by attaching them to a game with Sonic and his buddies in it. If the sales have been good, then hopefully it's a tiny little spark of hope that they'll eventually be kick-started down the line.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well okay, but let's look at the SEGA series' represented in ASRT:

• Sonic: Alive
  • Monkey Ball: Dying
  • Space Channel 5: Dead
  • Jet Set Radio: Dead
  • Skies of Arcadia: Dead
  • Crazy Taxi: Dead
  • NiGHTS: Dead
  • Golden Axe: Dead
  • Samba di Amigo: Dead
  • Alex Kidd: Dead
  • Shinobi: Presumed dead after a flop of a sequel for 3DS
  • Football Manager: Hardly even an IP
  • Total War: Still alive! We found a survivor, guys!
  • Billy Hatcher: Dead
  • Burning Rangers: DoA
  • After Burner: Dead
  • House of the Dead: Ironically, it's presumably still alive
  • OutRun: Dead

And then add to that Valve's TF2, Disney's Ralph and the real world's Danica Patrick... yeah, there's not really much going for the series that necessitates an even longer title by including "SEGA".

Clearly what you're saying is that Sega needed to include the Hornet Classic to revitalize the "Sega" part (and, indeed, interest in all those dead series' in one full swoop).

In seriousness, I would argue that focusing on the "Sonic" part to the extent of fully marginalizing the "Sega" part is really just starting a self-fulfilling prophecy; in no way helped by them gluing Sonic's name to what is otherwise just a regular anthology collection and similar such stunts.

In seriousness, I would argue that focusing on the "Sonic" part to the extent of fully marginalizing the "Sega" part is really just starting a self-fulfilling prophecy; in no way helped by them gluing Sonic's name to what is otherwise just a regular anthology collection and similar such stunts.

I'd argue instead that the SEGA part of it only ever appealed to a niche of fans, many of whom would already have an interest in Sonic. It would ultimately only have minimal impact either way considering the wider range of SEGA IPs are still very much represented. By keeping Sonic in the title there's far more brand recognition than using SEGA. Like I say, the extensive range of SEGA IPs are old and forgotten.

But also I would think that dropping SEGA from the title had something to do with the many third-party licenses being present. With the 360 version of the original they had to tack "with Banjo & Kazooie" on to the title.

Edited by Blue Blood

Stop talking about Sonic 2006. This is why we banned general 2006 discussion aside from that official topic because we don't want the same tired bullshit seeping out into other threads.

In fact here, I split the posts and merged them with the 2006 topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Popular opinion: The Werehog stages in Unleashed had some very good music.

Then the moment was ruined by that damned jazz loop known as the battle music.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 4

Popular opinion: The Werehog stages in Unleashed had some very good music.

Then the moment was ruined by that damned jazz loop known as the battle music.

I loved the battle music... but yeah, it did get really old after awhile.

I prefer the nights stages' music to the day stages.  Most of the day stages just had really bland music, in my opinion.  Apotos was almost of elevator music quality... and I love elevator music, so you would think I would love it.  I just don't.