Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

I think Sonic's not too strong, it's that the others are too weak nowadays. Just look at Colors. Thankfully Jump rectified this.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Sonic's not too strong, it's that the others are too weak nowadays. Just look at Colors. Thankfully Jump rectified this.

It's really both simultaneously. They wanted to focus more on Sonic, so they make him pretty much in control of the story and the guaranteed victory, all the while showing him to be boringly fearless. At the same time, they didn't want the other characters to overshadow him, so they nerf their usefulness into oblivion.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's really both simultaneously. They wanted to focus more on Sonic, so they make him pretty much in control of the story and the guaranteed victory, all the while showing him to be boringly fearless. At the same time, they didn't want the other characters to overshadow him, so they nerf their usefulness into oblivion.

To be fair the opposite was true for a long time as well. Everyone but Sonic had focus, and they were at the helms of plot, while Sonic's actions really didn't have any weight. Also they generally established the new character by having him upstage Sonic at every interval.

So yeah, Sonic Team just don't know how properly characterize their characters without going off in either direction.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair the opposite was true for a long time as well. Everyone but Sonic had focus, and they were at the helms of plot, while Sonic's actions really didn't have any weight. Also they generally established the new character by having him upstage Sonic at every interval.

So yeah, Sonic Team just don't know how properly characterize their characters without going off in either direction.

Yeah, they have a history of doing things to the extremes; you'd think 20+ years of being in the industry would at least have tempered that somewhat.

Nope. Sonic Adventure.

Every character including Sonic had some relevance to the plot and nobody really overshadowed the other.

Not to mention Amy, Tails, and Gamma had major character development that was executed rather well.

• Thumbs Up 5

Nope. Sonic Adventure.

Every character including Sonic had some relevance to the plot and nobody really overshadowed the other.

Not to mention Amy, Tails, and Gamma had major character development that was executed rather well.

You'd think when I say stuff like that, people would know I mean anything post-Adventure 2.

Yes, it's good that not everyone thinks Julian is the dog's genitals.

This is hilarious because I have not heard a single person ever give him any sort of praise around here.

I mean, for the role of generic villain with a scary voice, I think he does the role rather well.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 3

This is hilarious because I have not heard a single person ever give him any sort of praise around here.

I mean, for the role of generic villain with a scary voice, I think he does the role rather well.

I must admit this is the first time I've ever heard him be called "The dog's genitals" XD.

Yeah, Soniman's got a point. Perhaps it is an unpopular opinion in the fanbase overall, but I don't recall an single example of someone bringing him up here (myself included) to praise him. The closest I've seen is "he's not as bad as the people dumping on him (including myself) say he is," at which point the people dumping on him (including myself) proceed to tear that person a new asshole debate sternly about the subject.

Edited by Tornado

To be perfectly honest, that opinion only applies to the overzealous SATAM fanboys who want everything in the games to be like that show. Considering that, I'm pretty nobody gives a shit about Julian otherwise.

...I'd say even he was better than SatAM Robotnik, because at least he sort of had fun at being evil by extorting and messing with the aristocracy.

...I'd say even he was better than SatAM Robotnik, because at least he sort of had fun at being evil by extorting and messing with the aristocracy.

And his voice was funnier to listen to. Then again, he is Optimus Primal...

SATAM Robotnik was a failed attempt at a menacing villian. He just didn't seem to have any substance to him.

AOSTH had Robotnik fit in right into the series. He was goofy because the whole show was goofy.

SU Robotnik...will not be discussed by me.

And his voice was funnier to listen to. Then again, he is Optimus Primal...

Screw that, he was Grounder in AoStH. That's hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 4

People take the Elise and Sonic kissing scene and blow it way out of proportion.

I've seen it be done before and have never been affected by it iirc it's been done in several disney movies.

Also, it's not technically beastiality if Sonic never kissed back, just saying.

I don't think that's actually true, and I don't think framing it as kissing a dead animal makes it any better...

SU Robotnik's voice sounds so incredibly bland and generic that it's the only voice over of any rendition of Robotnik/Eggman that I hate. While many of you people think that SatAM Robotnik is a bit incompetent, I think SU Robotnik is a complete retard. I might go into detail about this later.

People take the Elise and Sonic kissing scene and blow it way out of proportion.

I've seen it be done before and have never been affected by it iirc it's been done in several disney movies.

It's not technically bestiality because it doesn't involve any sexual activity; unless she's rubbing one out for him off-screen... This doesn't stop the scene being cheesy and awkward as hell though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Necrophilia is any better guys,

I don't think kissing can be counted as sexual...can it?

Was it weird, awkward, and plain dumb? Yes. Was it Necrophilia or Bestiality? I don't think it fits under those definitions, unless "sexual" has expanded to include kissing as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not necrophilia either.

Unless you are going to similarly expand the definition of rape to include, say, Snow White.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1