Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

It's not technically bestiality because it doesn't involve any sexual activity; unless she's rubbing one out for him off-screen... This doesn't stop the scene being cheesy and awkward as hell though.

I'm probably the only one here who doesn't think of it as awkward.

I really think it's just because it's Sonic it's bad.

If it was something like beauty and the beast however, they'd be academy awards flying left right and centre.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it was something like beauty and the beast however, they'd be academy awards flying left right and centre.

Well it's really only awkward because of how poorly the thing was set up; I think there have been some instances in other media where a furry anthromorph kissed a human, and nothing was really made of it. but I can't remember the name of that movie...

It had something to do with a human that gets kidnapped to become a cat's bride after she saved the cat's life; she gets turned into a partial cat in the process, and ends up getting saved by some cat Baron, and his criminal friend Renaldo Moon.

Edited by Malpercio

It was bad because (like everything else in the game) it was poorly thought out, acted, directed and written. If it was done well (like Beauty and the Beast) rather than just another hokey thing to parade around in a thoroughly hokey game, it would have given praise, yes. The concept itself is fine.

Edited by Tornado

Well it's really only awkward because of how poorly the thing was set up; I think there have been some instances in other media where a furry anthromorph kissed a human, and nothing was really made of it. but I can't remember the name of that movie...

It had something to do with a human that gets kidnapped to become a cat's bride after she saved the cat's life; she gets turned into a partial cat in the process, and ends up getting saved by some cat Baron, and his criminal friend Renaldo Moon.

Maybe, I'll agree with you on the set up, and Sonic could have been brought back to life another way.

I guess I'm just open to anything in a Sonic game.

Edited by NISA

That sounds like The Cat Returns, to me.

It's not necrophilia either.

Unless you are going to similarly expand the definition of rape to include, say, Snow White.

Well it technically was without consent.......sooooo

Not really; the fact that Sonic's spirit was still in the vicinity, coupled with his thanking Elise afterwards, kinda indicates that he was in on the plan to revive him.

Unpopular Opinion:

Sonic and the Black Knight is an amazing game and to me one of the best games in the series.

The sword-based gameplay is actually quite fun - it's lacking, yes, but unlike the shooting levels in the Adventure games it isn't a complete bore. If Sonic was given a few more moves to unlock, it would have been even better. As for the controls, I think they are pretty damn good, actually. Yeah, there is a bit of delay between when you swing the Wiimote and when Sonic swings the sword, but it still works rather well. Now if only there were less enemies on screen at one time. Because it is almost impossible not to take several hits each level, simply just because you don't have optimal time to deal with all the enemies on screen. The visuals are absolutely goureous and the music is good, and the soundtack boasts my favorite main theme in the series - freaking Knight of the Wind. But, if there is one thing I think this game really shines in, it's the storyline and characterization of Sonic.

And damn, is it good.

Right from the opening I knew the story would be a treat. The way Sonic stares King Arther down while spinning that chili dog (and his despair at having to leave it behind when Merlina and him escape. xD), the musing from the Knight of the Round Table, they all made for highlights of a good opening. And Sonic faceplanting never gets old. From there the story moves forward, setting itself up more. Soon, we are introduced to Caliburn and from there we start with his disdain for Sonic (and vise-versa) and smoothly transistion into a growing respect for one another. The other characters are not without purpose and didn't feel tacked on.

And that twist in the middle? Holy shit you would not see that coming! Here you were, thinking you had defeated King Arthur and completed the game...but nope, this whole thing was just an elaborate plot by Merlina to ensure the kindom lasts forever. And speaking of which, there's a nice moral at the end of the game in how that, even though life doesn't last forever, we should still make the best of. Hmm, Sonic can be pretty deep when he wants to be.

Oh, and speaking of Sonic, I briefly mentioned something about his charactertization in the game. Now I'm going to elaborate on it. So, I'm just going to get this out of the way and say that this game absolutely nailed Sonic's character. His major traits are there and played very well - his short-temper is showcased in his interaction with Caliburn towards the begining and then you have his kindness in rescuing the kid's parents and Percival. And the former really gives you an insight at Sonic's character, showing his willingness and determination to help out, even at the risk of failing Nimue's tests.

Sonic's relationship with Caliburn only contributes to this. The interaction and banter between them is nothing short of clever and well done. The sword starts out calling our hedgehog hero a 'knave' and being scornful of his skills and stances on certain matters and Sonic himself is none to thrilled about Caliburn either, giving snarky retaliations towards the sword's mannerisms. Neither of them liked that they were stuck together and make things worse, they both had large egos for the other to bruise.

However, after they take on Lady Nimue's challenge, their relantionship starts to reconcile. Sonic's growing skills as a knight and his rescue of the child's parents and Percival help to cement Caliburn's growing respect for him and in turn the hedgehog gives him credit when credit is due after the Lady's challenge is completed..

The hedgehog marches by the beat of his own drum, as evidenced by his willingness to help that child out even if it meant failing Nimue's challenge due to a lack of time. (Yes, this is the third time I've mentioned this scene, but it's an all-around good example so...shoot me.) He also questions Gawain and Percival about if there is being more to being a knight than serving a king and even claims that his own master is simply 'the wind that blows free'. In the fight between him and the Dark Queen, Sonic, despite grevious injuries being inflicted upon him, keeps on getting up, not because of chivarly, but because of his own beliefs and convictions - he was determined not to let Merlina have her way drive Camelot into a living hell just so it could be around forever. He just needed to do what was done.

Speaking of which, the whole 'we gotta live life to the fullest' bit was gold. At first, I would never have figured Sonic to say anything like that; however thinking about it, Sonic's the kind of guy who likes to live in the moment - his theme song in both Adventure games even explicity states that he doesn't look back. So really, that whole element was perfectly in-character.

Sonic and the Black Knight is one of my top five favorite Sonic games, with my second favorite storyline, and my favorite characterization of Sonic ever.

If I could like posts more than once I'd like this a hundred times.

I agree with everything of this post.

And technically it didn't involve penetration.

And technically it didn't involve penetration.

True, but there was an exchange of liquid.

In any, I'll go with Komo's explanation.

I would love to see a Sonic game with a plot at least twice as long as War and Peace.

Sonic Team can barely handle doing a simple story without botching it up somehow; Trying to do that would be either the biggest trainwreck in the world, or the most hilarious thing since...um...the most hilarious thing.

I.want a 48 inch blaze plush to be released.

That's not an opinion, that's a strange desire.

I honestly hate Sonic Unleashed and I can't find one enjoyable factor of it except for the music and the Dr. Eggman POV cutscenes.

Edited by -The Joker-

I think the PS2/Wii version of Sonic Unleashed is a better game than the 360/PS3 version. You can shoot me now.

I think the PS2/Wii version of Sonic Unleashed is a better game than the 360/PS3 version. You can shoot me now.

I agree.

Both suck, but Wii had less stupid padding.

Wii had less stupid padding.
The medal collecting was so much better. In the HD version, they became chores, as you were forced to collect them to continue playing. In PS2 they were used for optional challenge areas, which were a very clever way to encourage replay value: besides being fun, you'd also unlock extras.

I'd actually rather collect medals than do one entire playthrough of Playing it safe to the max Generations.

That's my unpopular opinon for the day.

Edited by NISA

But instead of being half and half, the Werehog stages took up like, 75% of the Wii game.
I found the Werehog really fun in either game. I guess that counts as an unpopular opinion. Edited by Homem
  • Thumbs Up 1

But instead of being half and half, the Werehog stages took up like, 75% of the Wii game.

At least they went on for 15 minutes as opposed to a full 30. And besides, the Wiimote controls actually made them kinda fun.

At least they went on for 15 minutes as opposed to a full 30. And besides, the Wiimote controls actually made them kinda fun.

I've never spent 30 minutes in a werehog stage even on my first playthrough.

Dunno why people say this.

8-10 minutes maximum is the average I'd spend on a werehog level.

Edited by NISA
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd actually rather collect medals than do one entire playthrough of Playing it safe to the max Generations.

That's my unpopular opinon for the day.

....what

That would be a sound argument if the day stages we're enjoyable.