Awoo.

[DELETED]

LATER BUDDY

Ok so if we got a Shadow 2 what addons would you want? I think if Shadow moved like Sonic from Sonic Generations and had all his weapons we'd have a winner. Bring back the 2P where player 2 can control another character for each mission if they want. All Sonic games after Sonic the Hedgehog on Xbox 360 had only Sonic. That sucked.

While I agree that having only Sonic playable kind of sucks right now, but I'd much rather have that than Shadow 2. Shadow doesn't need weapons, he should've never had weapons, and it was a terrible choice to give him weapons. The last thing SEGA needs to do is dig themselves and Sonic in another hole with a damn grimdark and serious game. They need to keep in the direction they're going currently, and then hopefully Shadow will be playable again soon.

They were a choice in Shadow, no one had to use them, but people still complained. Its not a good idea to bring weapons for Sonic and co to use as that will just end up hurting SEGA, and possibly putting them out of business as it would most likely hurt sales and be slammed by critics. And no one wants no more Sonic games, right?

Edited by NGw00d

While I agree that having only Sonic playable kind of sucks right now, but I'd much rather have that than Shadow 2.

Better solution, in my opinion: Shadow and Sonic. Or, by title, Sonic and Shadow.

This could be a chance to work on Shadow as a character, and have a reintroduction of the character with an acceptance due to his nearly identical play style. Still, there would be things to separate the two, otherwise there's no point at all.

Maybe Shadow has the ability to hover a few seconds when moving off ledges? Chaos control his power up while Sonic can boost?

Perhaps Shadow should be a tad more slippery than Sonic due to his jet shoes? Or is that a bad idea overall?

Shadow is already a weapon, and has powers akin to them, so him using guns is kinda redundant. And top of that, it's kinda stupid for this series.

Better solution, in my opinion: Shadow and Sonic. Or, by title, Sonic and Shadow.

This could be a chance to work on Shadow as a character, and have a reintroduction of the character with an acceptance due to his nearly identical play style. Still, there would be things to separate the two, otherwise there's no point at all.

Maybe Shadow has the ability to hover a few seconds when moving off ledges? Chaos control his power up while Sonic can boost?

Perhaps Shadow should be a tad more slippery than Sonic due to his jet shoes? Or is that a bad idea overall?

While I'd be cool with this, critics most likely won't. Having a game mention any other character's name other than Sonic will just bring out all the people with a vendetta against his "shitty" friends. Even if the game was flawless, there'd still be people who won't play it simply because of the title.

Maybe have Shadow have a faster acceleration while Sonic has a higher top speed? Small things that won't completely deride the gameplay, but enough to differentiate the characters.

Well fine but at least have Shadow in the game.

Well, yeah. I'm sure we aren't the only people who want some other characters playable.

While I'd be cool with this, critics most likely won't. Having a game mention any other character's name other than Sonic will just bring out all the people with a vendetta against his "shitty" friends.

SEGA, at some point, has to move past critics and try to just follow the money.

They need to reinvite other characters and doing so should be with highly similar game-style. Now, I won't want them to start right-away with someone as controversial as Shadow, so i say start with Tails and Knuckles.

Shadow, in my mind, should be next.

• Thumbs Up 2

They were a choice in Shadow,

Not in any meaningful way. A fair number of missions can't be beaten without them, and even the ones you can tend to get real tedious real fast.

SEGA, at some point, has to move past critics and try to just follow the money.

They need to reinvite other characters and doing so should be with highly similar game-style. Now, I won't want them to start right-away with someone as controversial as Shadow, so i say start with Tails and Knuckles.

Shadow, in my mind, should be next.

Why? Why not Blaze?

Why? Why not Blaze?

At this point, I'm going a bit by seniority and usefulness. Blaze is definitely up there. But I'd place her after Shadow.

Sonic - Tails - Knuckles - Shadow - Blaze.

Of course, there's Amy too. But given Amy's abilities, I'm unsure where she'd fall. She has a bigass hammer, that's something. I'm just not sure where she'd fall in a main-console game.

Not in any meaningful way. A fair number of missions can't be beaten without them, and even the ones you can tend to get real tedious real fast.

I meant optional to an extent. Of course, most people were gonna use them even if they didn't want to because its extremely tedious to just keep homing attacking enemies with ridiculously huge life bars.

At this point, I'm going a bit by seniority and usefulness. Blaze is definitely up there. But I'd place her after Shadow.

Sonic - Tails - Knuckles - Shadow - Blaze.

Of course, there's Amy too. But given Amy's abilities, I'm unsure where she'd fall. She has a bigass hammer, that's something. I'm just not sure where she'd fall in a main-console game.

Better not let CSS see this.

You guys must not have much faith in Sega at this point if you think the best they can do is copy-paste Shadow into a Sonic game with trivial differences between them.

Think big, just not Heroes big.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

You guys must not have much faith in Sega at this point
Not really.

Think big, just not Heroes big.
Heroes wasn't really thinking big.

At this point, I'm going a bit by seniority and usefulness.

How about you go by just usefulness instead?

• Thumbs Up 2

How about you go by just usefulness instead?

I like to think of it as weening. Tails and Knuckles are generally more accepted than Shadow is. Slowly re-inviting the characters. Little bit at a time. I use seniority as an "acceptance" factor to critics. The earlier they were introduced, the more likely critics may be less critical. Granted, I'm not gonna tip-toe around them, they still don't need to hound too hard.

Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Blaze, Espio, Silver, Vector are all really useful characters given their abilities. But Tails and Knuckles, considering their early arrival, they'd likely get less criticism than Silver for being in a game -- so I'd start with them.

I wouldn't avoid a late character like Silver all together. Each character would get love, if they have a useful aspect. He'd just be let alone after we get other characters in-order.

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well what can I say? Congradulations!

You're the first person to give the seniority card any actual substance that I can agree with.

Now granted, I still hold on to a somewhat differing opinion that we should still mix the characters since doing so by seniority would still reinforce the mindset that "older = good; new = bad", but unless you're going take a sledgehammer to their seniority after get them in good grace, then there's not much to argue.

dammit, I wanted to see you blow up CSS, poo.

But yeah, it makes much more sense to focus on the likes of Tails(and maybe Knuckles, he's kind of been given the shit treatment as of late) than Silver or Shadow, not saying you can't use them, but it'd probably be better if they eased back into a playable role again; like in one game they're an NPC, maybe they're supporting characters in the story, or boss characters but if they're utilized well enough, that can open the door to them being fully playable against without people losing their collective shit.

Well what can I say? Congradulations!

You're the first person to give the seniority card any actual substance that I can agree with.

I'd like to thank the academy.

But yeah, it makes much more sense to focus on the likes of Tails(and maybe Knuckles, he's kind of been given the shit treatment as of late) than Silver or Shadow, not saying you can't use them, but it'd probably be better if they eased back into a playable role again; like in one game they're an NPC, maybe they're supporting characters in the story, or boss characters but if they're utilized well enough, that can open the door to them being fully playable against without people losing their collective shit.

Mix and match seniors and newer after a while. Personally, I'd think it'd be neat to see how Silver and Vector interact. Maybe Charmy and Amy. Or Blaze and Tails. Just see how they do. Of course, having a point in being there.

dammit, I wanted to see you blow up CSS, poo.

Woulda happened if he gave me something to blow up to.

He actually gave me something I can follow unlike the other times people play this card.

Well i for one think Knuckles should be in all the games all the time and never ever not be there.

Ha ha, no im just kidding, im above that now.

Why? Why not Blaze?

Because Tails and Knuckles have appeared in an awful lot more (good) games as playable characters. Also, The Enforcer and The Chopper are a lot more popular than characters such as Blaze, obviously. This very forum could be called 'The Knuckles Stadium' as a lot of people here really seem to like Knux.

Edited by NightwingFox

Because Tails and Knuckles have appeared in an awful lot more (good) games as playable characters. Also, The Enforcer and The Chopper are a lot more popular than characters such as Blaze, obviously. This very forum could be called 'The Knuckles Stadium' as a lot of people here really seem to like Knux.

To be fair, Blaze is the only character to retain Sonic like gameplay in all of her appearances(Even 06), so I don't see why she should be barred from any newer game as a playable character, she's probably the only modern character not subjected to genre roulette.