Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

2 hours ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

@WakanoBaka Super hasn't finished, so I can't say. 

Okay, well in it's current form, which do you prefer?

BTW, does Super give a different feel then any other Dragon Ball anime/manga?

DB, was typical comedy/adventure anime with action.

DBZ was more action packed.

DBGT was a mix of the two.

DBS feels more like a mystery anime to me....and it just happens to have action

I guess I prefer Super. I'm indifferent to both, though. Hopefully this current arc will redeem Super, but we'll see. 

So, chapter 9 came out and:

Goku beats Botamo by grabbing hjim legs and trowing him out

Frost is a really nice guy

He transforms intro him third and fourth form (no second form)

Goku goes SSJ

So, since I posted it in the statuses, here's a bit of interesting trivia most of you probably know, but it's still interesting in my opinion.

The Majin Buu saga in DBZ was created in an attempt to end the series. Originally Toriyama wanted to end the series after the Frieza saga, but everyone demanded it to keep going, so he created the Android saga (Which leads into a similar tale of why Cell was originally created), and after he wanted the Android Saga to be his swan song (Shown by the fact he killed off Goku at the end), he wanted it to end there, but of course everyone wanted it to continue.

That's when he came up with the idea of creating the most silly story in an attempt to make DBZ jump the shark, and have everyone want it to end. He attempted this by having Vegeta's development degrade into him turning evil again (Majin Vegeta), turning Gohan, a fan favourite character into a over the top silly superhero (The Great Saiyaman), having a villain that overpowers most characters in the most silly way (Buu transforming characters into candy), and to top it off, by having Goku/Vegeta as a fighting gumball. Unfortunately for Toriyama, it backfired on him and most of these elements were actually loved by fans, meaning the Buu saga turned into a fan favourite saga for most. He still got his wish though, which is why the series ended after the Buu saga.

Edit: Take it with a grain of salt however. I did watch it on a fact video on YouTube, and because I heard multiple times about Toriyama wanting to end it at the Frieza saga, I thought it was realistic that he would want to end it for real with Buu saga. If it is wrong, I apologize for the mistake. 

Double Edit: Yeah, it's fake. Turns out there are a lot of bullshitters surrounding DBZ.

I cant belive the Frieza saga could be an ending. But yeah, the Cell saga was supposed to be the ending.

Then the people wanted more. Akira wanted Gohan to be the main character, but the fans disagreeed(I think after that Goten was an idea, but im not sure). They wanted San Wukong. Yeah, Majin Buu was stupid. My favourite villian remains Cell.

Oh, yeah, that is definitely fake. There's no evidence that Toriyama had planned on ending the series after the Freeza arc. All these "Toriyama had intended to end it here" arguments are often based purely on conjecture rooted in biases of those who perpetuate these myths. The most common one I hear is that Toriyama had intended to end it after the Artificial Human arc, but once again that is conjecture, often put forth by Gohan fans who didn't like the fact that Gohan didn't end up being the hero in the Majin Boo arc. You can read all about this stuff in the intended endings guide provided by Kanzenshuu:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/

As for the idea that Toriyama had intended to jump the shark with the Majin Boo arc, hell no, Toriyama is a gag manga artist at heart. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Who would have thought it was not only AT, but fans, editors, and assistants that help made Dragon Ball great.  xD

Ya know what I'm talking bout, Cell Saga!

There are a LOT of fake ''Toriyama wanted the series to end at X'', and even more about why Gohan got shafted in the Buu saga, some say it was because Toriyama received death threats from Goku fanboys, others that Toriyama himself admited he didn't know how to write Gohan as a main character.

I've even heard of rumors that the anime (not manga) was supposed to end in the episode where Gohan finally goes SSJ2.

Also on the subject of trivia, I recall seeing an interview with Toriyama about Ressurrection F where he mentioned the idea of the movie actually was something he imagined for DBZ after the Freeza Saga. Honestly, looking back now, it'd make total sense with Freeza invading Earth, everyone having to face him and in the end, he'd probably have Trunks go back in time with Goku to fix everything before Freeza could destroy the planet, but it would probably ruin the big plot point that is the fact Trunks' time travel causes alternate timelines instead of time changes.

• Thumbs Up 1

My honest opinion of DBS is, my childhood just got pushed back by this .. this .. the hell this is supposed to be. It feels so different. I've watched/read everything: Dragon Ball (Z/GT) and all OAV's/movies. But...yeah I do realize a lot of people like the way it is now (mostly young people). But something feels off to me...I have the feeling the author wants to join One Piece and Fairy Tail's writing style. Not saying those are bad.  

But...

To keep it rly short: with DBZ, Mr.Toriyama developed the story, it got a bit more mature yet comedy was always present. He switched from childish enemies(--> dragon ball e.g. red ribbon monsters and bosses) to more defined terrifying one, hell, Majin Buu, fat Buu was comedic at first, then he got serious, but even when he got serious, we had...Gottenks to balance that. He built so much with DBZ. With DBS he kind of made a (huge) step back (childish enemies and characters are back, characters were pretty much forced out of the story), at least with GT, characters were relevant in other ways(Black Star Dragon Balls, Babi). But again, I realize a lot of people still like the new DB, I'll still read and watch it, but....*sigh* idk.

Why I hate that step back. Freeza just wanted immortality, Goku defeated him. As a result he went back to earth to seek revenge. The android and Cell were created by Gero to kill Goku (result from Goku destroying red ribbon in Dragon Ball). Buu on the other hand is where things got weird, but anyways he was the only being who wanted to destroy everything for no reason (pure evil I guess). Now with DBS we went back to a god wanting destroying whatever he please (Which is good), maybe there is a main enemy somewhere else, idk.

I have more beef and that the complete murder of all the characters (figuratively speaking). Piccolo(Still waiting for a power up), Gohan, Goten, Trunks had so much potential, yet Mr.Toriyama decided to go back with what made his story popular in the first place: Goku.. And believe I can still live wit that. There is just so much and the list goes on. The strongest character Beerus faced was this little man with what appears to be dried boobs, I mean rly? How low can it get? I don't ask for muscle guy but this is frankly so childish. It appears the manga now only want to please kids.. Anyway I can go on and on, that's why I'm gonna stop.

I'll still watch/read it, just wanted to get this off my chest. I just miss my balance. Of seriousness and comedy.

Sooo, remember how i said ill buy RB2 soon? I wanted to hear the intro song because i like it a lot, but i found 2 songs for it. I was confused and found out that the game either comes with the its ost, or another game's one(i think BT2). Now if not sure if i should buy it since i want the RB2 OST.

1 hour ago, Diamond said:

Does the box look different or anything?

Nope. I don't really know where to look for it. I have a copy with BT2's score. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, WakanoBaka said:

I don't see what's so bad, DBZ has had multiple directors... 

its the way its happening, listen to the podcast.

9 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

its the way its happening, listen to the podcast.

Oh....Considering his rep, I would like to see what he can do.....hopefully he can keep his cool....

Dude been put on the spot tho...

Dragonball Super episode 34 was AWESOME.

• Piccolo fights Frost
  • Frost  makes Piccolo's vision blurry and beats him
  • Frost is the winner until Jaco tells the refree that Frost cheated and its revealed that he had a poisoned needle in his arm, Piccolo becoming the winner
  • Frost is a space pirate
  • Champa wants to kill Frost but Vegeta wants to fight him
  • Frost vs Vegeta is a bonus fight(?)

I agree, it was pretty great.

Spoiler

Of course, people are all up in arms because Piccolo didn't beat Frost, but like, if you know anything about Piccolo, this is quite an achievement. Not only did he go from getting his ass kicked by Tagoma to a level supposedly above Frost's third form, but he would have won had Frost not cheated. Piccolo had a great showing, and it's sorta infuriating that people are claiming this was a disservice to Piccolo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Frost even says that if it hit him, he would have lost for sure.

• Thumbs Up 2

I didnt understand something in the preview

What did Hit do in the preview? It looked like an attack.

I'm not sure, we'll have to wait for the next episode, which unfortunately won't be happening this week, because of some event.  

• Thumbs Up 1