Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

So what are the odds that we'll be surprised and Universe 7 won't win in the end, just as Goku didn't have Plot Armor that let him defeat Beerus?

If Universe 11 wins, I could see them also deciding to resurrect the destroyed universes.

Universe 7's victory, though, is key because I assume Beerus is going to want Champa back and that will segue into a wish to revive all universes' people.

I kinda want to see Universe 6 win so we can have a short saga based on them.

But I'm sure 7 will win.

Seeing how Goku has lost every "major" battle Super so far, if U7 wins i believe it will be someone other than Goku who wins the tournament

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be a neat change of pace if Universe 7 was eliminated at the last minute by Universe 4, leaving Universe 11 to try and defeat them.

I just have this strong feeling Universe 4 is going to be the final antagonist despite the Jiren hype. Quitela, no matter what, wants to make sure at least Beerus goes down with him.

There's also a poetic nature to it. Universe 4 is Universe 9's twin universe. First to lose, last to lose.

1 hour ago, DiamondX said:

Well, he did kill Freeza.

his fight with freeza was already over by that point though. sorbet interfered, freeza was about to kill him and vegeta took over. he only interrupted vegeta's fight when he killed freeza

Apparently, a Kale figure lists her transformation as: Super Saiyan Berserk

Great, we now have another SSB.

This will become confusing.

Well after 20 something years I guess we can stop calling it the legendary super saiyan state now. Berserker sounds better as thats what both Kale and Broly do anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

People are really overreacting about the idea of Caulifla going Blue, when really her and Goku talking is just a way to get Kale to transform. Their conversation might lead to ascension to SSB further down the road, I guess.

Great...we finally get some new non-saiyan characters that look interesting and they might be the first ones to get eliminated.  I swear if they don't get revived with the rest after the tournament with the Super Dragon Balls I'll hakkai someone.

• Thumbs Up 5

diamondx means that if kale's form is called "super saiyan berserker", the acronym will be SSB. SSB is already used for super saiyan blue, so there'll be confusion.

We already have confusion enough with SSJR being both Rosé and Rage.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing that will make characters being erased more forgivable: if they play the revival for laughs.

Have it so several people are erased mid-sentence, and proceed to finish when they come back, only to be incredibly confused at no longer being in the arena begging for mercy from Zen-Oh.

I don't think we're going to get shenanigans where Zen-Oh spares losing teams (but not their universes) until the Tournament is over, so at least make the horror of seeing people disintegrate the buildup to a great gag.

On the other hand, it would be a great troll if the destruction of the universes were broadcast before everyone whenever it happened, only for the losing team to be told they have until the end of the Tournament before they join their universe in oblivion.

4 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Great...we finally get some new non-saiyan characters that look interesting and they might be the first ones to get eliminated.  I swear if they don't get revived with the rest after the tournament with the Super Dragon Balls I'll hakkai someone.

At least we have Liquiir being one of the most awesome Gods of Destruction to compensate on the front of anthro characters (who aren't background fodder).

Goku Black: "MORE! I want to experience MORE!"

MORE SPOILERS:

Vegeta will fight Botamo and Magetta.

Poor Magetta can't catch a break from Vegeta. I'm 99% sure he will insult him and then punch him out of the arena.

I love how it implies Vegeta will have trouble fighting Botamo, even tho' he KNOWS how to defeat him because he saw and commented on Goku's strategy to beat Botamo on the U7 vs U6 arc

Botamo has probably prepared a counterattack for that sort of manoeuvre; otherwise he has no business being in the tournament.

As for Krillin's elimination, that's a shame. At least it sounds like he may get disqualified for excessive force over defeat, but I was looking forward to seeing the guy fight more often this arc. I wonder who Shousa is.

Krillin's disqualification happens after the first universe elimination. I say he gets disqualified because he refuses to drops his oponent out of the stage...or he even saves his oponent from falling.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would actually be rather neat.

It also railroads Team Universe 7 to make a "restore erased people" wish, because I presume Zen-Oh would just erase Krillin on the spot rather than disqualify him the normal way for it.

Poor Krillin always gets to be the sacrificial lamb.

I wonder if it would have any effect on Beerus given he threatened to erase him earlier (what with the Energy of Destruction thing, it's hard to tell if that orb he formed was standard energy or Hakai). I assume it's a lot easier to erase someone who is evil or dangerous to the universe.

4 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Krillin's disqualification happens after the first universe elimination. I say he gets disqualified because he refuses to drops his oponent out of the stage...or he even saves his oponent from falling.

Why would he do that? It's not as though they're erased on the spot?

2 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Why would he do that? It's not as though they're erased on the spot?

They're going off the rails.

Zen-Oh says one universe lives and you fight to the death to decide who it is, you fight to the death.

I presume the same would happen to anyone who kills opponents or tries to cheat. Everyone knows what they signed up for here.

I don't think Zen-Oh will be allowing any "two people can theoretically win" scenario like with the Hunger Games and stuff. One must destroy all the others.

I don't think they'd disqualify him for anything but killing or falling off, honestly. They wouldn't need to for sparing someone. If he did, he'd only be turned on in a second because everyone's desperate to save their universe.

The fact that he's worried about 18 suggests that he kills her aggressor (and considering what the Destructo Disc is designed to do... it's not much of a stretch) or he is defeated right after intervening and disqualify is simply another way of saying he's a ring out.

I don't think they'd disqualify him for anything but killing or falling off, honestly. They wouldn't need to for sparing someone. If he did, he'd only be turned on in a second because everyone's desperate to save their universe.

I just assume Zen-Oh wants fireworks, not kumbaya. Sending a message to anyone thinking outside the box to force a tie ensures there are fireworks.

It also ensures an unaware sociopath like Goku is forced to consider reviving erased people. We tend to think of Super as radically changing him but... he only revived the Earth after Kid Buu's rampage. There's precedent for him to not care that much about anything beyond Earth.

The fact that he's worried about 18 suggests that he kills her aggressor (and considering what the Destructo Disc is designed to do... it's not much of a stretch) or he is defeated right after intervening and disqualify is simply another way of saying he's a ring out.

This is quite possible. The Grand Priest's "no matter how seriously injured" ban of healing items sounds like foreshadowing. He's planning for someone to get mortally wounded yet not thrown out of the ring, most likely.

While we are waiting for the new Dragon Ball Super episode, can someone explain me the hate on the Black Saga ending?

Is it just Trunks leaving to a world where he already exists or are there more reasons?

I disliked the fact they basically ruined a good ending for absolutely no reason. Like, what was the point of Zamasu coming back and killing literally everyone, then having Zen'O wiping Trunks' entire timeline? They could've literally ended with Trunks killing Zamasu, then everyone going back to the past one final time for their farewells, but instead, not only all the effort everyone did in the entire arc, heck, all the effort Trunks did in HIS ENTIRE LIFE, was made pointless, and they made a confusing conclusion with a pretty convoluted reason to kick Future Trunks out of the plot, because they wrote themselves into a corner and couldn't have him in the present. Plus, the fact it gets treated as a happy ending, yeah, great! All people we fought to protect are dead! But hey, we're going to a world with time clones of them! All's well when it ends well!

It's just borderline offensive with the way they basically screw Trunks over for literally no reason, and then realize screwing Trunks over wrote them into a corner, so they pulled something out of their asses to have him fuck off the timeline forever.

• Thumbs Up 3