Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Whelp, only 5 hours to go.

I'm not the only one who's been hearing this in their head, right?

I'm just wondering if they'll show Universe 9 be erased at the end of today's episode, or wait until the start of next week's, if they don't have it so it looks like Universe 9 will hold on by a thread, only to eliminate them mid-episode.

The synopses are kind of confusing in this regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

It will most probably happen at the end of the episode.

Honestly I'm happy they lose just because Roh is annoying.

Next episode seems pretty crowded already covering everyone's reactions to the erasure, Vegeta fighting U6 and Krillin's last stand, so it's most likely today's episode.

I'd honestly be grateful for that.

I just want it over with. I don't want Toei to toy with my emotions like the Walking Dead did when it made you wait 6 months to find out which character was killed.

Otherwise I'm probably going to stress out for another week about this, and please no.

WELP

Spoiler

GUESS ALL THOSE THEORIES ABOUT DAISHINKAN BEING EVIL JUST GOT A LOT MORE BELIAVABLE.

Spoiler

U9 goes down thanks to Goku, Vegeta, 18, and Freeza, and the Zen'Os destroy U9 and its fighters without a second thought. Whis confirms U9 is completely obliterated.

All that remains is U9's angel, who clearly doesn't give a damn.

Goku's expression at the end indicates that he's at last taking this completely seriously and has animosity towards the Grand Priest at the very least.

9 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

WELP

Hide contents

GUESS ALL THOSE THEORIES ABOUT DAISHINKAN BEING EVIL JUST GOT A LOT MORE BELIAVABLE.

How so?

Spoiler

The episode was pretty heavy handed that some shit was up with Daishinkan and the angels, both Daishinkan and U9 Angel shared creepy smile once the universe was destroyed, heck, Daishinkan even gave Goku a deathstare at the end.

Spoiler

The Trio will be missed. They definitely put up a good fight.

Now excuse me as I go cry.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know viewers are more acquainted with Gowasu do to the Future Trunks arc, but i swear if his bland looking team is revived by the end of this arc and not U9..

That was a very dark and unsettling ending, havent had DBZ give me a feeling like that in awhile lol

Well shit, that was dark.

Not as bad as I was fearing it'd be but damn.

I really hope in the end of all this, every Angel but Whis dies.

PPtbm1R.png

...can we appreciate how Liquiir, for all his boasting about his universe and despite his exemption, is still fairly angry/horrified?

Also apparently Universe 4 is looking like the next to go?

Are you kidding me? Did they plan this from the start?

P1B2k6.gif

Fennec dude is looking pretty sweet so I hope he more than makes up for the loss of the Trio.

I just hope they don't get rid of U4 as quick as U9. Yeah, they're twin universes but...

Honestly? The way this Tournament Is going, we're headed into Social Darwinist territory.

No seriously. The top four universes are all twinned. If Universe 4, the twin of 9, goes out next, they're indicating each universe's fate was basically predestined.

Either way, Quitela was built up as an antagonist and we don't know much about Universe 4's fighters so it would feel rather weak to eliminate them, whereas we already got plenty of info on Universe 9 from the Exhibition Match.

At the same time though, it would be odd to play up U9's twin universe as the straight up superior evil here, especially with the callous manner U9 was disposed of and Majito's and Grand Priest's reaction to it. As well as Jiren and the Pride Troopers from U10 still raring to go.

U4 can play as a Disc One Final Boss, but that's as far as they go from what I see.

Ok, looks like the angels and the Priest are definetly up to something (Ningen 2.0?). They really enjoyed see U9 being erased.

And weren't angels supposed to go into sleeping/suspended animation or whatever when the GoD dies? Why was Majito still there smiling like a d*k? Maybe being erased isn't the same as dying? Maybe they enter into a timeless limbo or something? Or did Toriyama forgot yet again?

35 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Ok, looks like the angels and the Priest are definetly up to something (Ningen 2.0?). They really enjoyed see U9 being erased.

And weren't angels supposed to go into sleeping/suspended animation or whatever when the GoD dies? Why was Majito still there smiling like a d*k? Maybe being erased isn't the same as dying? Maybe they enter into a timeless limbo or something? Or did Toriyama forgot yet again?

My assumption is Zen-Oh and the Grand Priest are able to play with connections between the various offices and their holders.

So they say, establish that whoever holds the Supreme Kai and God of Destruction posts are life linked, and similarly tie Angels to their Gods. They can naturally undo the ties at any time.

At the same time, the Angel is tied to a God of Destruction. If that post no longer exists, they go back to being a regular Angel, not an Angel attendant.

Just musing based on this episode.

Twinned universes are similar but different, no? Like how Frieza and Frost are both evil, but one was an open tyrant while the other was covert about it.

The Trio de Dangers say that their universe is harsh and it was their brotherly love that allowed them to survive.

I'm looking at Fennec Bro up there. He seems to make use of his feet primarily for combat. It's just one clip, but given those long sleeves, I'd assume he's not a hand to hand fighter.

Since Universe 4 is Universe 9's twin, I get the feeling that he might be Basil's counterpart from that universe, being a canine who fights with his legs.

"Where are his brothers?" While it's possible the other wolf guy is related to him, I have something else in mind. Maybe he had two brothers, but he killed them at some point. Basil loved his brothers, it seems fitting his counterpart would only keep them around if they were useful, particular since Universe 4's schtick is more about deception than open coldheartedness... rather like the difference in Frost and Frieza's methods.

To me, Basil seems to have the most potential of the Trio de Dangers, given he has a beefed up state that renders him near invulnerable and probably would have changed the Tournament's outcome if he had been able to use it. And while he loves to cackle as much as the others, he seems to have much softer expressions than the rest, showing a more innocent demeanor when he's not in combat. Perhaps Fennec Bro was likewise the most potent in a group of siblings, but he eliminated them when they hindered his progress. Dragon Ball being Dragon Ball, for all we know he absorbed them. But I'd wager killing is more likely.

I dunno. I just am really digging the idea he's bad news from his universe. That slasher grin before he goes to wail on Krillin leaves me interested to see what personality he has.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy crap I was shocked when they were erased although I knew they would be. The angles ate up to shit I think whis knows what's up bit knows he can do noting to stop his dad and the others

I have the strongest feeling that whatever Grand Priest is cooking up, Whis and Vados might end up being the key to sinking it. Grand Priest puts up an amoral facade to hide his evil, it's possible Whis and Vados do that for any good they have.

Because otherwise we're probably seeing a scenario where all Angels end up killed and I don't think anyone wants Whis gone.

Food for thought. 13 is advertised as the key number for twinning. With 7 universes destroyed by the Tournament and 6 already destroyed, that's 13 total. Possibly a coincidence... or possibly indicating the Tournament of Power was cooked up as a cover for whatever the Grand Priest is really planning.

Sooo guess we know how and why Krillin will lose.

The preview clearly shows Frost attacking 18, and all those leaks indicate Krillin will either get distracted by her fight or take a hit for her and lose for it. Guess Freeza's plan has already began.

On another note, the Grand Priest being evil makes SO MUCH more sense out of Goku's new form now.

On the new poster which shows Goku on what looks like a new unseen form, it says something that translates into ''the Gods' technique will be perfected here'', the implication being that Goku will ''master'' God ki or something of the sort.

See, I was wondering this week how weird it is that Goku will achieve basically a game changer like that on a tournament of all things, yeah, we had Kaioken on the last tournament, but that was mostly fanservice, it didn't change the scale that hard. Here tho', it'd be like Goku getting SSJ for the first time on a tournament. 

The fact we can see there'll be a big struggle outside of Goku vs Jiren (I'd go as far to say Jiren could be the disc one final boss here) makes much more sense for Goku to reach his ''new level''.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am quite amused to see we're basically dividing into camps of whether Universe 4 or Universe 11 will be the final boss of the Tournament.

Jiren's got good odds of being played straight as a final boss given he's the strongest fighter from the highest ranked universe, but Super does like to turn things on their head from time to time.

Maybe the increased emphasis on power during the Tournament is to make us forget one on one power isn't everything, and the point they were trying to make earlier on in the saga will come back in full force when Jiren gets knocked out in some sneaky way. Which presumably would be by Universe 4, since they seem to have the most potential and we already know Jiren is going to wreck Kale, thus making it hard for 6 to be showstealers.

Looking over it, it appears the last person standing does indeed get to make the wish on the Super Dragon Balls... Frieza is most likely going to try and get everyone else knocked out as the match wraps up so he can steal the wish for himself.

I don't know... Super's way of subverting expectations isn't mostly on plot but on character designs, plus, I don't think there's ever been a point in the franchise where a character was heavily advertised only to be a disc one final boss, it'd be like, say, Freeza in RoF lost at the first ten minutes and Sorbet turned out to be the mastermind. Sure, there might've been moments before where a character we didn't expect turned out to be the main villain, but never before there was a case where they hyped someone like they're doing with Jiren and then basically went ''sycke, here's the real big bad''.

How did Mojito go from being angry that they don't have enough fighters (meaning that he cared) to do nothing but smile when U9 got erased in a few episodes?

For the final boss, it's most likely Universe 11. They hype Toppo,Jiren and even Dyspo way too much.

Why does Champa want Beerus to lose? Shouldn't they work together?