Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Wait.

Roshi assures Krillin he has overcome his weakness in response to the Saiyan women coming over.

His weakness is an absurd attraction to women, which he has indeed overcome.

...For human (or very human-like) women at least.

There appear to be several non-humanoid women in the match, such as the fennec (who is possibly a woman based on the outfit, but we'll have to see). Is it possible that might end up getting played for laughs?

So the Yadrat is from U2? That probably means every universe has the same races.

About Jiren, I saw the idea in a Youtube comment, but what if he can see the future?

He teleported behind Goku before he started talking and didn't even bother to move when the blocks attacked.

(Hit is Za Warudo and Jiren is King Crimson, this is becoming Jojo)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, looking at some of the styles of Japanese dress, maybe "Smug Pup" (as I've discovered is a common fan name for the fennec fox) is a guy, I was just taken aback by the super long dress sleeves and such.

52 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

So the Yadrat is from U2? That probably means every universe has the same races.

It's possible he's from 6 or 7 but teleported to 2, or perhaps 2 is where the Yardrat actually come from. All they need is an energy signature and bam, even travel between universes would be possible. I'm sure there have been enough Yardrat eccentrics to have universe hopped.

Is the Instant Transmision that strong though?

It can be used when going from planet to planet, but another universe is kinda much.

Especially since you need a Cube to travel through universes.

U2 and U3 interest me the most outside of U11 and U6. The former appears to have titan-like beings on their side (along with a Darkstalkers OC) which could make for some epic scenes, while Universe 3's entire line-up just looks plain awesome. I hope we get to see plenty of them in action.

I'm surprised that the Yardrat is from U2... The universes aren't supposed to all share species, so I wonder what they are doing there. I guess it's possible they were moved for some reason. After all, U7 can't be the only ones off on spectacular adventures, right?

Meanwhile U9 looks to have resorted to raiding hell for allies. They even resemble standard enemies from a video game and will probably get tossed aside just as easily. It's just as well that the fennec foe is from U4. Going by the intro, they might be a formiddable fighter.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Pawn said:

Meanwhile U9 looks to have resorted to raiding hell for allies. They even resemble standard enemies from a video game and will probably get tossed aside just as easily. 

I sure hope not as U9 has the most unique designs imo

The purple-ish guy from U9 has a design similar to Groot. So the red guy on his shoulder could be his Rocket. 

• Thumbs Up 2

seeing a few of the newly revealed gods of destruction fight was cool. hopefully super will find the time to flesh them all out.

who do you guys think is the strongest god of destruction. i think that lizard guy might be the strongest

I think it's a safe bet most of the characters who haven't been developed yet will be quickly tossed aside. A few token exceptions of course, to allow us to see some fresh faces in action.

The teams most worth watching, I think, will be 4 and 11. 11 for the Pride Troopers, and 4 for having not one, not two, but three fighters who were in the credits but haven't received a single bit of exposition. My guess is they are meant to be Quitela's trump cards and are going to be extremely dangerous.

As for Universe 9, I think it's safe they're screwed, having ranked the weakest and now being denied their cheating tactics. My money is on Lavender being targeted; since he has a natural poison, it's likely within the rules, and so he would be a good person to eliminate.

I'm getting a feeling that despite Bergamo seeming to be the strongest and the leader, Basil is going to end up stealing the show for Universe 9. Not only did he get that little dramatic kick to introduce his team, but I have a feeling he's unlocked / going to unlock a way to attain his buffed up form without using the drug. Probably induced by seeing Lavender disappear into nothing before his eyes, as he clearly loves his brothers very much. Now where does this come from? Well, let's consider this: producing exotic chemicals runs in the family, as seen with Lavender's poison. It doesn't seem too outlandish (this is a series that had Cell "remember" his final form from a single cell, because that makes so much sense) that he's somehow producing the drug naturally, perhaps as an adaptation from use? This would make him a very dangerous fighter: he was able to shrug off the full brunt of Buu's power in that state, and his immense bulk doesn't hinder his speed any. If he has a natural supply of whatever chemical he uses, or some other way to sustain the form, he can be incredibly dangerous. It's worth noting he's also in the "dramatic silhouette" scene, which would seem to indicate he's more important than other Universe 9 fighters other than Bergamo.

12 minutes ago, GucciBurr said:

seeing a few of the newly revealed gods of destruction fight was cool. hopefully super will find the time to flesh them all out.

who do you guys think is the strongest god of destruction. i think that lizard guy might be the strongest

It's possible Gene was just smart enough to realize the Grand Priest was trolling them all, based on how amused he was at the results.

He may in fact be the strongest at present, but I have a feeling Liquiir has the potential to be the strongest, and I'm not saying that just to fanboy. Among all the Gods, he's the only one that looks to be a supernatural species. I have no idea if Liquiir's species is actually a kitsune expy or not, but it's worth noting how he fights, talks, etc. He comes off as relatively new to his role, with insane amounts of power that make him overconfident. While he's certainly efficient in the way he conducts his destroying business, it's likely he has much to learn. Over the course of the battle, he: tries to sneak attack Iwne and Arak, and they dodge him without even looking; throws fairly slow punches at Arak; and deploys an absurd amount of energy balls to pepper the whole arena. Then there's the reckless way he turned all those blocks into projectiles and endangered the fighters.

If he was literally a kitsune, he could be as young as 201, given he has three tails and they get an extra tail for every 100 years they live. Even if he's not literally one, there's a definite vibe that he has a lot of potential, but he's still learning. It would explain the choice of voice: he sounds like he's only recently become an adult.

Even his method of destruction seems more like ruthless efficiency a youngster would come up with than something profound: whereas someone like Arak devotes a great deal of thinking as to what he should destroy, Liquiir simply takes out anything he finds is lowering his universe's level. It's effective, but crude. It's worth noting he's number 4. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a good gap between his universe and the 3 above him, and it indicates his way of destroying things so quickly might actually be harming Universe 8's development. Someone who is a drag on the universe today might be a boon to it tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see U4 being more about sneaky tactics and teamwork than power, given how two aren't even yet visible and with how Quitela operates, which could make their members a good match for Krillin, Tien and Roshi.

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

The purple-ish guy from U9 has a design similar to Groot. So the red guy on his shoulder could be his Rocket. 

He looks like a fusion between Groot and Vin Diesel

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I can see U4 being more about sneaky tactics and teamwork than power, given how two aren't even yet visible and with how Quitela operates, which could make their members a good match for Krillin, Tien and Roshi.

I am definitely interested to see what that fennec - who apparently has a fan nickname, Smug Pup - has up his/her sleeve. That credits appearance has me thinking they're going to be the one who stands out.

IDhO4Wb.png

That smug, carefree grin they continue to have is actually a little unsettling. It's like they're waiting for the timer just so they can start murdering people.

That dress is impractical for battle, I'd assume. My money's on they'll dramatically throw it off to reveal an absurdly toned body or something.

They are pushing U4 quite a bit. I just remembered that one of the invisible/missing members of U4 is Damon, the cicada character found in the files on Toei's website a while back. So likely this guy:

m6ZOxcI.jpg

Maybe he and the other team member can shrink down to the size of a real insect?

• Thumbs Up 1

The cicada fighter can burrow underground, so he's likely hiding within the stadium (a stadium made of Kachi Katchin too, as a testament of his piercing strength) for the initial surprise attack when it's time to fight. Given how Tien's the only one who can pick up his presence atm, he may be the one to take him down with Solar Flare, another technique that can catch people unawares and make them fight blind.

I'm curious what the deal was with Universe 9's hidden ki. It seems none of the other universes have that attribute.

Makes me wonder if that will end up being a card in play that could help them improve their odds.

Doubly so given this isn't a series of one on one matches, as the Goku vs. 18 and Krillin match seemed to want to drill into us. Strength only matters to a point despite the name.

The U9 red guy on blue Groot's shoulder looks like he was taken straight out of Yu Yu Hakusho.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Marcello said:

The U9 red guy on blue Groot's shoulder looks like he was taken straight out of Yu Yu Hakusho.

yeah he has that younger toguro vibe

A precious moment from the dub.

Beerus: "You couldn't save me ONE single slice?!"

Vegeta: "It was YOUR ass that trapped us there!"

Beerus: "My ASS?! You DARE speak of a Destroyer's ASS?!"

I look forward to seeing all the funny moments dubbed into English.

• Thumbs Up 3

Episode 98 preview:

This comes right before the episode about Krillin unleashing his power. I wonder if he'll release an attack similar to the one he used to kill the remaining Saibamen in Z. It would allow them to regroup, at least.

"Right as the Tournament begins"

They're going to spend most of next episode focusing on Trunks and Goten fighting off poachers, with the fight scenes shown in 97's preview being a very tiny part of it, aren't they?

Excuse me while I grab my reactions:

K6LwHlj.png

I really hope it's just an awkward translation and they mean everyone will team up against U7 later on in the opening.

What's really amazing is how this plot is only possible due to the Idiot Ball. Vados and Whis have both pointed out the universes were going to be erased anyway, but Goku's actions actually gave each universe a chance to survive. They should be thanking him rather than trying to scapegoat U7.

But you know, Dragon Ball isn't Dragon Ball if it's not full of hotheads with poor reasoning.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Lord Liquiir (Ogilvie) said:

"Right as the Tournament begins"

They're going to spend most of next episode focusing on Trunks and Goten fighting off poachers, with the fight scenes shown in 97's preview being a very tiny part of it, aren't they?

The first part of the previews often focuses on what happened previously, so I think we'll be spared their shenanigans (for now).

• Thumbs Up 1

It's that form teased in the opening of the arc, when Goku's smirking behind the Kaioken aura veil. Could be SSB Kaioken fully optimized.

The tagline reads "The work of the gods ends here." so this state can rival the GoDs and potentially Zen'o in power at the least, if not surpass them.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

It's that form teased in the opening of the arc, when Goku's smirking behind the Kaioken aura veil. Could be SSB Kaioken fully optimized.

The tagline reads "The work of the gods ends here." so this state can rival the GoDs and potentially Zen'o in power at the least, if not surpass them.

It seems too soon for Goku to reach the level of a GoD, but who knows. He definitely won't be rivaling the Zenos though, since they're beyond power levels.

Here are some other preview images anyway (spoilered for size):

MZygDu6.png

Ntq1TD2.png

feoaYCC.png

q45vo0I.png

rj7NNPT.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it's SSB Kaio-Ken. Both times Goku used it, he was already in the SSB form. Here he's in the base form.