Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

What I got that was intended to happen is that Goku was going to use teleportation to reach there inmediately and defeat both of them. But the arrival of Trunks (And Cell too I think. Dunno, I remember the explanation being a bit complex back then...) caused an alteration of the main events, for example the appearance of a 3rd android (16)

You're right; Goku would have made it there first and defeated Freeza and Cold, but Cell sent himself back in time in egg form and that was what altered the timeline. Goku would have teleported there, but he didn't. It's not like he chose not to because someone else took care of Freeza. When he landed he was actually was surprised someone else did, and his first guess was Piccolo.

To elaborate; Dragon Ball Z is old. Very much a product of its time, and about as shounen (action genre for young boys/teens) as it can possibly get. The pacing is horrendous, the plot is bare-bones, and in my opinion, it's generally just painful to watch at this point.   If you want to give Dragon Ball a shot, read the manga. The original series is more of a comedy and has a bit more vulgar humor, while Z is an action thing with plenty of comic relief. I love both (again, the manga. I wouldn't touch the anime with a ten-foot pole though), personally.     Watch Cowboy Bebop. Or Samurai Champloo. Or Fullmetal Alchemist. Or Soul Eater.    All of these shows are infinitely better than Dragon Ball. Champloo, FMA, and Soul Eater are all on Netflix as well, but Bebop is definitely worth checking out too. It's one of the most influential series in all of anime, and still holds up extremely well.
Ok, thanks! Gotta renew my nettlix account to check those out....

That's kinda old news now, and Mr. Satan has already been shown as appearing in the upcoming movie, Battle of the Gods, so it hasn't affected the character (much like a number of the other Dragonball characters who's VA's have passed away).

Also, there's some new news as well. Apparently there's gonna be an hour-long crossover film between Dragonball, One Piece and something called Toriko. It's gonna be coming out in April, so thats something else to look forward to. Here's the link to it

That's kinda old news now, and Mr. Satan has already been shown as appearing in the upcoming movie, Battle of the Gods, so it hasn't affected the character (much like a number of the other Dragonball characters who's VA's have passed away).

Also, there's some new news as well. Apparently there's gonna be an hour-long crossover film between Dragonball, One Piece and something called Toriko. It's gonna be coming out in April, so thats something else to look forward to. Here's the link to it

I already noted the crossover in the anime/manga thread. :P

In other news, the "Z" portion of the Dragon Ball Manga is getting a full color re-release in both Japan and North America.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/02/04/quick-look-shueishas-full-color-comics-release/

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/02/04/quick-look-vizs-dbz-full-color-comics-release/

Looks pretty cool, imo, though the font they're using for the English version is kinda weird.

That happened 2 years ago. They have even found a substitute now.

Such a shame though. He was also the voice of Heiachi Mishima, not to mention Japanese Yosemite Sam.

Edited by Nail-it Nald

Daisuke's passing reportedly affected Videl's VA so much that she stated she wouldn't bring herself to record lines for Videl if a time ever came where she was needed.

So the 2013 movie and the eventual Buu saga in Kai will be missing two of the original VAs.

Edited by Joshua

Daisuke's passing reportedly affected Videl's VA so much that she stated she wouldn't bring herself to record lines for Videl if a time ever came where she was needed.

So the 2013 movie and the eventual Buu saga in Kai will be missing two of the original VAs.

Funny you say that, a few months ago, I heard Yuko Minaguchi (Videl) has decided to travel abroad to take a break from voicing. She wants to learn English to! http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-16/voice-actress-yuko-minaguchi-takes-break-to-study-abroad

Ah, to think she was Nadeshiko in Cardcaptor Sakura as well.

I believe she reconsidered and is doing DBZ movie 14 and Kai, she said that when she said those words she was still greving over his death.

But somebody look over KaiZEX just to be sure.

Man I'm watching the Omega Shenron fight right now, and it's like
This is it? This is the grand finale?

Like when you think of "the final Dragonball fight" you think it's gonna be the most epic badass fight in the entire show.
But nah, it's just SS4Goku and Vegeta throwing their bodies at Omega, and then shooting tiny yellow energy balls at him. The fight is literally consisting of

*Goku/Vegeta throw themselves (not a punch/kick/ they literally throw their bodies) at Omega, he grabs them and punches them away, Omega shoots energy balls at them*
*Goku and Vegeta talk about doing fusion, don't do it, fly back towards Omega*
*Repeat*

I really forgot how horrible this fight (and GT) is. And how Goku randomly pulls a Spirit Bomb out of his ass in just a manner of seconds, compared to the other times when it almost took him a full episode. Talk about writers being desperate. I understand they didn't have the manga to fall back on, but still, it's the FINAL fight in a series that's about 95% fighting!

And don't even get me started on how Goten, Trunks, and Pan want to help them, but gay-ass GT Gohan is like "No, because Omega is too strong." That sure didn't stop the others from helping you during Cell.

Fuck GT & Fuck GT Gohan,

I really hope the new movie's final fight is gonna be epic and all, considering it'll probably be the last new Dragonball thing for a long time.  Hell in fact, I'll accept the fact that Goku will probably rape the villian by himself at the end, but just give me at least ONE cool fight scene that involves everyone, and I'll be happy.

Edit: And god damn it, why the hell am I even watching GT to being with!?

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 6

Edit: And god damn it, why the hell am I even watching GT to being with!?

Well it depends, have you been taking any drugs.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like to pretend that GT never happened. Everything about it was outright ridiculous- even by DB standards. Man, I hate Super Saiyan 4...  Why does Goku grow fur on his body, and why is it red? Why does he have eyeliner? How the hell does it magically turn Goku back into an adult and why is it that whenever GT kid Goku transforms he suddenly loses his shirt and gains adult-size pants?  ...Seriously?

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, at least the preceding Golden Oozaru form looked pretty cool, especially Baby-Vegeta's.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, at least the preceding Golden Oozaru form looked pretty cool, especially Baby-Vegeta's.

But that's because Oozarus in general look cool, GT just gave them a new fur color. So I'll give you that.

Yeah Super Saiyan 4 I had no quelms with, yeah sure its a 4th state of an already powerfull super mode but this one takes a new approach and instead of 30ft long golden hair and caveman looks we get what looks like an oozaru/great ape fused with a saiyan, almost like the primal saiyans of old.

its like the 4th state is a saiyan's true form or something. Too bad GT sucked to not give this state some real backstory and meaning if they ever do continue the manga and dump evrything that is GT into a void I hope they keep super saiyan 4 around.

Though its never explained how the fuck goku becomes instant adult when he goes into it.

Edited by goku262002

How the hell does it magically turn Goku back into an adult and why is it that whenever GT kid Goku transforms he suddenly loses his shirt and gains adult-size pants?  ...Seriously?

Though its never explained how the fuck goku becomes instant adult when he goes into it.

Wasn't it because the transformation was so powerful it lifted the power of the wish that made Goku a kid?

Wasn't it because the transformation was so powerful it lifted the power of the wish that made Goku a kid?

Which begs the question on why he doesn't he just train himself to maintain the form like he did with the original SS form in the Cell saga if being a kid is so restraining.

Also I hated what happened to Buu. Even with Buu's power Uub was COMPLETELY useless. It feels like he fused for nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Which begs the question on why he doesn't he just train himself to maintain the form like he did with the original SS form in the Cell saga if being a kid is so restraining.

Also I hated what happened to Buu. Even with Buu's power Uub was COMPLETELY useless. It feels like he fused for nothing.

Well dude, everything that's not Goku is useless in GT.

Seriously, GT sucks Goku's dick so hard it's not even funny, I mean I get he's the hero and all, but holy hell everyone is so damn useless without him.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, Pam had her uses I guess, but that's like the only character who has a use who's not Goku.

Edited by Soniman

Trunks was Mr. Exposition for the first half of GT as in he was the only one who knows how to fly a spaceship but that's about it. He was never badass as his alternate future self.

There was a chance we could had seen an older Gotenks but nope they threw that out the window too.

Now that I think about it, 18 did the most important thing from the old cast which is pretty much helping Goku out with Super 17. Only 18 was able to do anything to him.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

The world would have fallen to chaos by Super 17's hand had Android 18 not intervened and motivated the original 17 into revealing his weak spot.

So there's that. It's a step up from being fodder in DBZ.

Lets not even begin to delve into how much of a smelly, stinking vat of wasted potential the Super 17 Saga was.

Seriously, you have all of Dragon Ball's past villians come back and wreak havoc? How could they fuck they up?

And oh god, don't even get me STARTED on that shitty Goku vs Cell and Frieza fight.

• Thumbs Up 1