Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

Sounds interesting, though the swift sail being an optional, out-of-the-way upgrade is a bit of a surprise.

The first person perspective sounds really cool though.

I'm guessing they had it so you could play as close to the original as possible...if you wanted

I’ve been wondering, with five of the Triforce pieces directly obtainable now, will there be five new Treasure Charts to make up for the Triforce Charts that don‘t exist anymore?

You know, in the original Wind Waker I never really had a problem with being short on money to get the next chart deciphered. Usually on the quest to get the next one, doing the little mini dungeon thing or whatever for it, and then the way back, I'd gather up enough rupees to take on the next, if I already didn't have like a completely full upgraded wallet in the first place. Then again in most Zelda games I hardly spend money at shops or other things, so maybe it's just the way I play.

Anyways on the subject of changes, I'm not sure if I'll get them or not. The speedy ass sail looks fun and neat, but I'm one of the weird guys that actually enjoys the sailing, so I might just stick with the original. I also wonder if the pictobox can hold more than 3 photos now. That kinda gave me distaste for the thing in the original, so I never bothered getting all the figurines. However if it's just up to your Wii U's memory space or something now, I might give that a try this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pictobox can hold up to twelve photos now. I think that was show at E3.

They dumbed down the game for dem stupid casuals! Real Zelda gamers only need 3 photo slots! Ruined 4EVER!

/JK I don't think anyone seriously acts like that.

But seriously, that would have been a reallly nice feature to have back in the original. The number of times I ended up having to dump good photos just because I didn't have enough space was infuriating.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

So, Nintendo, this whole deal with you releasing games on the same day or close days across the world? Yeah. Keep doing that.

Though why aren't Japan getting ALBW until 2014?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

I’ve been wondering, with five of the Triforce pieces directly obtainable now, will there be five new Treasure Charts to make up for the Triforce Charts that don‘t exist anymore?

Why would there be?  You get the Triforce Pieces directly from the chests that used to contain the now-gone Triforce Charts, and Triforce Charts were a seperate category of chart so there's no numbers to be missing from the main chart count.  The only thing that is removed without replacement is the triforce treasure spots which were of course randomised every play anyway.

I do kinda hope there will be some kind of switch or menu (unlockable is fine) that lets you toggle new features.  I'd love to play with the sped-up Wind Wakering, larger Pictobox storage, and (naturally) HD graphics and widescreen, but without the triforce quest alterations.

I'm glad Hero mode is unlocked from the start too, I think I'll play my first time through on that as I've played the original to death.

Edited by JezMM

So uh...they doing that bundle or not btw? I know it was slightly shown on the Hero Mode Trailer before it was taken back down, so not sure really. I mean I thought they'd announce it along side the release date but guess not? Unless it's not coming state-side or?

I really hope so, I've been wanting to get a Wii U here in a few weeks and that'd be the perfect bundle to start out with me :U

Why would there be?  You get the Triforce Pieces directly from the chests that used to contain the now-gone Triforce Charts, and Triforce Charts were a seperate category of chart so there's no numbers to be missing from the main chart count.  The only thing that is removed without replacement is the triforce treasure spots which were of course randomised every play anyway.

The Triforce Charts are part of the overall count though. There were 41 Treasure Charts and 8 Triforce Charts--each of the 49 islands had a chart to accompany it. I’m just curious if some islands will be left without a chart that leads to it now or not.

Anyway, glad to see a release date finally. I was hoping for early October so I could get it to tide me over until Lost World came out. Although if it’s going to be $60 I’ll probably just wait and get it later, even though Nintendo doesn’t like to drop the prices of their first-party games.

The Triforce Charts are part of the overall count though. There were 41 Treasure Charts and 8 Triforce Charts--each of the 49 islands had a chart to accompany it. I’m just curious if some islands will be left without a chart that leads to it now or not.

Ahhh I understand.  I never 100%'d Wind Waker so I didn't know the Treasure Charts were that perfectly allocated across the ocean.  I assumed there were way more spots than there were islands.

549tbi4.png

Collector's edition in Europe. That looks fantastic.

Reggie, if this doesn't come to North America, I'm going to find you, and I'm going to pee on your car.

Edited by Solly

Yes FUCKING please, Nintendo! biggrin.png Now, where can I buy?

EDIT: Woah, now, Nintendo! I hope this doesn't become standard practice. The digital version is launching (in North America) two whole weeks before the retail version. Luigi U was fine since it was an expansion pack. But this? Lame. Also ALBW date:

That really sucks for retail buyers in general, especially when there's a special retail edition that people will be wanting to get their mitts on too.

Edited by Blue Blood

NeoGAF is saying it's a GAME exclusive in the UK for £60. Not sure on the sources.

It looks like it might be coming to NA after all, also according to a Gaffer.

The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99. GameStop is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a suggested retail price of $54.99.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78748681&postcount=72

Edited by Solly

I kinda wish the figure was like a little diorama emulating the artwork shown just behind it, with Link and Zelda fighting him, but it's friggin' awesome anyway (though kinda funny that the box art does somewhat spoil the final boss lol).

Zelda_ALBW_Package1-300x273.jpg

WOAH NELLY

Nintendo made a gold Zelda box art that actually looks kinda cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Wind Waker console pack has a digital copy of the game in Europe rather than a physical copy like in the US? That sucks sad.png

EDIT:

Just saw the new ad in the Wii U topic and the US is also getting a digital copy. That earlier leaked ad looked like a retail copy was being bundled.

That Link Between Worlds boxart is lovely for once.

Also holy crap I want that Ganondorf figure. WW Ganondorf is by far the best one imo, so I love this.

How can I get it in UK!?

That Link Between Worlds boxart is lovely for once.

Also holy crap I want that Ganondorf figure. WW Ganondorf is by far the best one imo, so I love this.

How can I get it in UK!?

Take a guess.

GAME