Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

Comparisons

rz6vH0Q.png

Bloom greatly reduced + HUD smaller.

Edited by Autosaver

Slightly off the current topic of discussion but after replaying the Hero mode of SS there is something that I hope comes back in the next game, replenishing Bombs from the bomb flowers, like that was so useful I love it!

But I'm not sure which one i prefer to be honest, both the bloom and the reduced bloom versions look good to me :)

Edited by Jolt_TH

Yeah, I gotta agree. I hope the whole "replenish your bombs from bomb flowers" thing stays even if it didn't make a whole lot of sense. 

I dunno, it makes sense in SS as all the bombs are bomb flowers, wouldn't in games like TP where they are manufactured

I dunno, it makes sense in SS as all the bombs are bomb flowers, wouldn't in games like TP where they are manufactured

Thing is, in SS the flowers functioned exactly like bombs in other games. There was no need to manufacture them, and so there's no reason that they couldn't behave the same way in future games. I think it's just a matter of what's most suitable though.

Why should they, though? Bomb Flowers explode shortly after you pick them.

Plus, there are so many bombs laying around, what's the point?

Why should they, though? Bomb Flowers explode shortly after you pick them.

Plus, there are so many bombs laying around, what's the point?

In Skyward Sword you pick Bomb Flowers and then the fuse lights. You can then either throw them, or just put then in your bag so they add to your bomb total.

Really? I forgot that.. I can't replay SS with my broken Wii and my Wii U still not having been updated >_> I hope the update is on the Wonderful 101 disc.

Edited by MarcelloF

Really? I forgot that.. I can't replay SS with my broken Wii and my Wii U still not having been updated >_> I hope the update is on the Wonderful 101 disc.

Yeah. Basically SS doesn't have bombs. All of the bombs in the game are simply flowers, even the ones you buy from the shop.

There's more improvements that they can do to Wind Waker like adding in a rumble feature for attacking enemies, increasing link's running speed slightly, being able to skip cutscenes (I hope), getting the composers to update the music and sound quality like they did for OOT3d, being able to change the color of links clothes and even change his apparel just for fun like in the Soul Calibur games.

If this game only supports the GamePad, then rumble will be pointless as crap. The GamePad has the worst rumble ever. It's more noise than anything.

The clothes changing thing could be a cool reward for the second quest, maybe add a wardrobe in all the major island where you can choose between his pre-adventure clothes, the green tunic and all the colours from four swords.

It supports the Pro Controller? Huh, I thought it didn't.. Still I think Zelda can really benefit from the GamePad.

Edited by MarcelloF

Was the Twilight Princess Ganondorf fight a disappointment for anyone else?

I think it was a disappointment for most people.

• Thumbs Up 7

Phew I hadn't checked this topic in ages but I wanna reply to a bunch of stuff from catching up.

So I've been trying to force myself to play Ocarina of Time's Master Quest for the bajillionth time, and once again I'm losing interest before I've even reached Dodongo's Cavern. I just can't get excited for Ocarina anymore. It's a great game, an all-time classic that will rightfully be remembered by gamers for years and years to come. But the fact is, I've just played the game way too many times in the last 15 years. Altered MQ dungeons aside, nothing is new or fresh. I know all the game's secrets, every little plot detail and sidequest, the locations of all of the heart pieces and even the gold skulltulla's to an extent. I just feel like I'm going through the motions and putting my brain on auto-pilot whenever I play it now.

I guess I really just need to stay away from it for several more years in the hopes that I can forget something.For now, I guess I'll switch to something that I truly haven't played in a while; like the Oracle games or Link's Awakening, maybe.

Try playing a 3 heart challenge, really breathes new life back into the game.  Later on you have to beat bosses without being hit once.  I know what you mean though, I've played OoT to death too.

Finally got to play GCN Twilight Princess recently and I'm at the end now. What do I think? Well...it's overrated.

Yeah sorry, but this is not the best 3D Zelda game. I still stand by the opinion that Wind Waker is the best 3D Zelda game of all! My problems with it are that Hyrule field is far too big, the Hylian character models are damn ugly, wolf Link was super boring to play as (having to find those Tears of Light was a pain) and the Dungeons and items weren't very memorable this time around. Even the story, whilst having some great moments feels like it's trying too hard to be dark and epic. It's trying too hard to be like OoT. Also, dat final boss is random as fuck! Why does HE have to be involved in all of this again? ><

I think the only good highlights of the game are Midna, the music and the graphics, which look nice. I think it's a good Zelda game, but it's certainly not the best and deserves an 8.5 at the most. To think this was my most hyped Zelda game ever back then...

Everyone was really hyped, that's why there was such a backlash in the end when it wasn't Ocarina of Time for a new generation.  It's also why Nintendo don't announce their games early these days (well... except Smash Bros 4 I guess).

Continuing on from that point, I also feel that the so called 'kiddy' artstyle doesn't detract from the game's sense of atmosphere or foreboding and I really don't understand why people originally hated it so much. In fact imo WW has aged the best out of all Zelda games, and I even think it looks better than SS, which had a style I really liked.

Wind Waker had a much cleaner art style than Skyward Sword.  I think the smooth, simpleness of it all is what will keep it from ever aging.

Nnnnno, nope, sorry Anouma, I don't want this.

Why not give us that Majoras Mask sucsessor instead of giving one to "Hey do you remember Ocarina of Time!?" the game?

People already responded with this but I'm with the folks who think MM was perfectly self-contained.  Doesn't need a sequel.  I'd kill for an HD remake though (I don't think it belongs on 3DS personally, it's not a portable-friendly game).

Was the Twilight Princess Ganondorf fight a disappointment for anyone else?

I think gameplay-wise it was actually pretty fun.  It felt more like a real, intelligent swordfight than Wind Waker did.  Wind Waker's battle has a fairly predictable/memorable pattern like a typical "boss fight".

But honestly the blandness of the arena and such just cannot ever match up to how exciting and original the setting of Wind Waker's.  So Wind Waker is the better experience (in terms of Link vs Ganondorf battles) overall by a mile.

• Thumbs Up 2

Try playing a 3 heart challenge, really breathes new life back into the game.  Later on you have to beat bosses without being hit once.  I know what you mean though, I've played OoT to death too.

Might not be a bad idea, though I've been thinking about this issue since I posted that. I'm starting to wonder if the reason my last few playthroughs have fizzled out so quickly is actually because of Master Quest. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about it that makes me think it isn't as fun as regular OoT. I dunno. Either way I'm in no hurry to re-visit the game right now, so the answer to this will just have to wait until another time.

Some new stuff in Wind Waker HD that makes it a "definitive" experience. lol

- Triforce quest – the five Triforce pieces can now be grabbed directly
- Only the remaining three require translated charts instead of eight
- Hero Mode available from the start
- Picto Box has been upgraded
- Upgraded camera could still be used to snap photos of unsuspecting villagers or enemies
- Pictures can go up on Miiverse
- Link can also take funny self-photographs
- Switch between happy, sad, and surprised emotions
- Get the Swift Sail at the auction house after completion of the first dungeon
- No alert via an in-game prompt to signal the special sails availability
- No longer possible to accidentally skip Tingle’s island, as the developers have inserted an introduction to the quirky character into the main quest
- Enhanced first-person camera
- Can now have full movement in that perspective
- Can travel through hallways and shoot arrows like you’re in a FPS

Sounds interesting, though the swift sail being an optional, out-of-the-way upgrade is a bit of a surprise.

The first person perspective sounds really cool though.

Those changes honestly make me want to buy it. Maybe not on launch day, but I'll probably pick it up before the year is over.

Detail from article not mentioned in that quote - before you get too excited - the enhanced movement + first person perspective is just for shooting arrows.  To quote the article "you can't go all Skyrim and swing a sword around in first-person".

Hero mode being available from the start is a huge plus. Wind Waker's difficulty was one of its low points, for me, so I'll definitely be playing that when I get the game.

Cosmo does it again.

I used to have this guy's stream favorited. This just reminds me that I need to do it again.

Geez that speedrun was intense. It always blows me away watching these and then makes me have those feels of "hey I should try this!" but then never get around to it since it seems pretty daunting. Anyway, congrats to the guy, mind officially blown.