Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

Four Swords Adventure is just the game that desires a upgrade to the Wii U, with online play too. Update the graphics to HD, and it's a golden upgrade.

The things I dream for sometimes.

Playing Four Swords Adventures by yourself got really boring for me. The game is short, easy, linear and reuses so much stuff from previous games. The graphics and music are literally ripped right out of Link to the past. And getting people to play it with you was a pain in the ass. With all those link cables, and each person having to own a GBA. But when you were able to do that, it was really fun.

Nintendo were morons to pass up doing another, or at least a rerelease of FSA with the Wii and DS combo. It could have been wireless and so many damn people owned those systems. Hopefully they do something with the WiiU. Though it might be interesting if they somehow did a co-op 3D Zelda.

I mostly played FSA and thought it was really fun. The graphics were mostly from LTTP, but the filters made it look really nice.

What about Zelda appeals to you? I tried OoT 3DS and found it boring. I tried Skyward Sword and loved it up until I reached the under forest place which ruined the game for me. I want to like Zelda, but so far I've had a bad time.

What about Zelda appeals to you? I tried OoT 3DS and found it boring. I tried Skyward Sword and loved it up until I reached the under forest place which ruined the game for me. I want to like Zelda, but so far I've had a bad time.

What were you looking for in Zelda?

Don't force yourself to like something.

But I'm just curious, you said you liked Skyward Sword, but what under forest place in Skyward Sword do you mean?

Don't force yourself to like something.

But I'm just curious, you said you liked Skyward Sword, but what under forest place in Skyward Sword do you mean?

Straight after you get out of the Sky Loft place. Roughly 2 hours into the game.

Straight after you get out of the Sky Loft place. Roughly 2 hours into the game.

You mean Faron Woods? Why don't you like it anymore? You got lost?

To be fair, Faron Woods was a little slow and dull, especially with the whole "collect the missing kikwi" business. I think it's very exemplary of this game's habit of forcing you on fetch quests that don't really amount to much in the end. Regardless, I would urge him to push on; the game has some highs to me that are more than worth getting past what is in essence the simplest area.

• Thumbs Up 1

There NEEDS to be an online Four Swords. Playing single-player versions of it just isn't very fun, but I can see how this would be a blast with other people. But Nintendo keeps making the game so damn unaccessable. The original required four people with GBA's, link cables, and copies of the game. FSA required four GBA's and four GCN-GBA cables which were never exactly hot sellers, and the Anniversary edition...well, that one came the closest to getting it right. At least the game was free for a time and available for DSi *and* 3DS, but is there really a reason it couldn't have been online in this day and age?

• Thumbs Up 4

You mean Faron Woods? Why don't you like it anymore? You got lost?

It was just so boring there. It made me turn away after just 15 minutes of being there.

I don't have a Wii any more, but I'm getting the Wii U. The only Nintendo consoles I have now are the GC, GBA, DS, and 3DS... and anything that can be emulated on a core i3 6GB ram laptop.

It's a shame you got rid of your Wii; I really think you made a mistake just immediately giving up on the game like that. It's ironic too, for such a slow portion of the game, the boss of the area is a sword fight with the freakin' lord of demons who can catch your sword with a finger like a Super Saiyan. They just throw this onto you when you ideally haven't had enough sword fighting practice yet. Scary, but it certainly perked me up. xP

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally don't care about online or multiplayer at all, but for those that do, I agree that now's really the ideal time to have another go at Four Swords, now that it's actually practical to set it up. There are even holes in the Four Swords sub-timeline which they could easily squirrel a game into (more specifically, Vaati dies at the end of Minish Cap, his supposed origin story, but in the next game in the chronology he was supposedly sealed in the Four Sword in a remote part of the land?).

Vaati dies at the end of Minish Cap, his supposed origin story, but in the next game in the chronology he was supposedly sealed in the Four Sword in a remote part of the land?).

The Hyrule Historia fixes this plothole.

The Hyrule Historia fixes this plothole.

Oh, it does? Okay. How so? ...Because I'm looking at some translations, and it seems as if all it does is say that he was only "presumed killed" and then there's still a filler off-screen adventure between MC and FS in which he's defeated and sealed in the sword.

I have yet to play Skyward Sword but from what I've seen it looks awesome.

Twilight Princess remains my favourite for the sole purpose of Midna, She's just such an awesome character.

You seem to have been bit by the Wind Waker bug.

Ganondorf is pretty much in my top five when it comes to final bosses. I thought Demise was better, though.

Stand alone WW Ganondorf fight > TP Ganondorf fight, but when you factor in the epic 4 boss throw down that TP had I give it the edge.

I actually liked the final fight with Ghirahim better then the fight with Demise. Ghirahim takes a bunch of stab to the chest attacks while Demise goes down on the first one. Sure the one that hits Demise was electrified, but to me it felt he went down way to easy for being the source of all evil and Ghirahim put up more of a fight.

The edge that WW's final boss for me is it was the first of it's kind. Twilight Princess I was like "oh, another 1 on 1 sword fight, okay", but the other three bosses made up for it.

Then Demise comes along and I'm like "again? REALLY?" I mean sure the swordplay is half the point of SS but... still.

Wind Waker did it first, and it did it way more dramatically than the other two. TP was just the same generic barriers from the rest of the last dungeon and Demise was just generic surreal non-arena.