Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

The Twili being the ones who created Majora's Mask makes no sense. The Twili are from Hyrule and Majora's Mask is from Termina which is a parallel world.

It's just more crazy fanon from the Zelda fanbase.

The Twili being the ones who created Majora's Mask makes no sense. The Twili are from Hyrule and Majora's Mask is from Termina which is a parallel world.

It's never stated whether the Twili are from Hyrule or not. There are also multiple links connecting the objects of the twili to those in Majora's Mask. For starters you have this similarity.

tumblr_l5l3grFCU81qb5ex7.png

Not to mention, both objects were created by an evil tribe from long ago who were then imprisoned by the "great spirits", and multiple references are made to this tribe throughout Zelda history.

If Link, Skull Kid, two fairies, and presumably the Happy Mask salesman can cross the barrier between two worlds, there's no reason the Twili or their sentient artifacts couldn't.

BTW, has it ever been stated that Majora's Mask was created SPECIFICALLY in Termina? I don't remember the game saying this, but I haven't played through it in a while.

If Link, Skull Kid, two fairies, and presumably the Happy Mask salesman can cross the barrier between two worlds, there's no reason the Twili or their sentient artifacts couldn't.

BTW, has it ever been stated that Majora's Mask was created SPECIFICALLY in Termina? I don't remember the game saying this, but I haven't played through it in a while.

It never was specified where Majora was created, but there are a lot of references to it in the Stone Tower Temple.

Why would it have been created in Termina at all? The Happy Mask Man owned it and he came from Hyrule. The origins of the Skull Kid in Majora's Mask are unknown but he attacked the Happy Mask Man in the Lost Woods (or whatever forest it was on the edge of Hyrule that Majora's Mask starts in).

While we're on the subject of fan theories, I had a thought. First, watch this video, specifically the part at 2:30.

So, if Ganon destroyed the Deku Tree sprout in the death timeline...there are other things he could have destroyed. For example, you notice how Hyrule completely lacks Goron's in this timeline, and the Zora's...well, let's just say these aren't the Zora's that existed during the events of OoT. However, they DO exist in Holodrum and Labrynna, which I believe exist in the same world as Hyrule, right?

I think we can infer a few things from this.

- The Goron's either fled Hyrule when Ganon came to full power, or they were completely eradicated from the kingdom.

- The Zora's most likely fled as well, and those who remained behind were either influenced by Ganon or evolved over time to become these things:

zora.jpg

Edited by Original Character Blonic

- The Goron's either fled Hyrule when Ganon came to full power, or they were completely eradicated from the kingdom.

- The Zora's most likely fled as well, and those who remained behind were either influenced by Ganon or evolved over time to become these things:

zora.jpg

We in the Zelda community have names for those. Over time those more savage Zoras became the river Zoras, who evolved to their harsher landscapes by becoming more adapt for combat. The Zoras who are directly descended to the softer Zoras of the race of Do Bon XIV (King Zora) moved to the ocean and can be seen in the Oracle games. We call those the Ocean Zora.

The Gorons most likely moved during the destruction of Hyrule, or most of them were killed in the purge of Volvagia. We can see them in the Oracle games, so they haven't become extinct.

I've seen a lot of fan-theories with merit to them but the Twili creating Majora's Mask seems like a huge reach to me.

Also Midna was by far a better sidekick than Fi, but I felt like she ended up taking a little too much spotlight within the story. It's nice that she had an active role, but it felt like the plot was about you moving her around from one location to another.

Link didn't talk in Skyward Sword, and the game was all about him taking on several trials to prove himself to the gods and ultimately save Zelda.

Link didn't in Wind Waker, and that was all about him saving his kidnapped sister and ultimately taking on the duty as Hero of Winds and stop Ganondorf.

Link didn't have to talk in the games to have the plot be about him.

• Thumbs Up 2

technically, he DOES talk but you never see him talk on screen or have his own text box unless they give you one of the 3 options to say when given a choice, like he had to explain to Zelda's father about what happened after the ceremony.

just saiyan~

just saiyan~

imagescaq0ja7l.jpg

me too~

I think it's nice to not have every game centered around Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. That's one of the reasons MM was so great, it was more about the residents of Termina than it was about Link.

I've only watched playthroughs. They seem like they would actually be decent Zelda games if they had better finalized directions.

For starters, get rid of those shitty cutscenes and just replace them with speech bubbles and voices. Fix hitboxes, give Zelda and Link more mobility, make the level art more defined, fix the ceiling, and don't have items that use up rupees, or at least make rupees in more abundance.

At that point it would be a so-so Zelda game.

---

Also, Link has talked in official Zelda games before.

In Zelda 2, he talks to himself when you find items. He also talks at the end of Phantom Hourglass, just when he wakes up from his dream.

For starters, get rid of those shitty cutscenes and just replace them with speech bubbles and voices.

But the cutscenes are the best things about them. I mean how can you watch this and not smile?

The Zelda CD-I games are so amazing I now actually hear the characters voices when people say phrases such as "in the morning", "oh boy" and "bombs".

Although that's probably more Youtube Poop's influence than the games alone.

I don't really mind Link being a bit of a pawn in TP. Sure as hell more interesting than SS's story which may as well have been called Legend of Macguffins: Skyward Sword, since you spend far more time getting those than Zelda while she's off gallavanting with Sheik having her own coming of age story which... frankly looking back might have been really interesting to actually see outside of some brief looks during the credits sequence.

You know TP gets a lot of flak for stuff that Majora's Mask just gets away with scot-free. Not enough Zelda-involvement, Link basically being there while the story focuses on other characters more... I mean yeah MM did it all slightly better but still.

Edited by JezMM

Majora's Mask was actually trying to be unique and different, no one minds that Zelda isn't in the game because other than not being about her at all, the game served as a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time which had plenty of Zelda.

TP just tosses her in and barely gives her a purpose in the story.

Majora's Mask had a dark and sombre tone because of the style and presentation of the story and the general world of Termina and the characters.

Twilight Princess was 'gritty' and 'dark' because they fans wanted it after complying about how Wind Waker looked, there was no heart put into it, it just all felt bland.

Skyward Sword had a Zelda I actually gave two shits about, it made the journey to save her feel a lot more poignant. Twilight Princess literally gave me no reason at all to care, I'm just saving her because that's what the game told me to do.

Edited by Soniman

You know TP gets a lot of flak for stuff that Majora's Mask just gets away with scot-free. Not enough Zelda-involvement, Link basically being there while the story focuses on other characters more... I mean yeah MM did it all slightly better but still.

Considering the sub title is called, Twilight Princess, I don't rightly mind. Heck, I'm game for variety in the Zelda series. If it was just Link and Zelda, OOT shipping wouldn't be fun. :D

Link didn't talk in Skyward Sword, and the game was all about him taking on several trials to prove himself to the gods and ultimately save Zelda.

Link didn't in Wind Waker, and that was all about him saving his kidnapped sister and ultimately taking on the duty as Hero of Winds and stop Ganondorf.

Link didn't have to talk in the games to have the plot be about him.

Exactly. It's not about hm being a silent protagonist, it's how they write it. Even in the games where Link was written more as an avatar than a character, (see Ocarina of Time) it still really felt like the story was about him and his adventure.

While Majora's Mask really felt like was about the other characters- and world in general, Link was super important. The best thing about the other characters was how they let Link in on their lives and problems, and how he affected the outcomes of events.

Twilight Princess, on the other hand, is so much about Midna. She's the real star of most of the cutscenes, and most of the things you do in the story- including your entire reason for beating the dungeons- was as a means to her end.