Awoo.

Game Grumps

Soniman

Uhh… so TL;DR, what’s the funniest series so far of Danny and Arin Grumps, in your or general opinion?

I'd hate to be that kind of person, but...man, there's been a lot of good series. Uhhh...

All I can do is redirect you to two youtubers who highlight the best bits, I guess acting as samples to what you'd experience:

Applegosh

LesmoVids

Applegosh is good for monthly highlights while LesmoVids did those 'best of' ones. Steam Train is worth watching as well, Ross is pretty ridiculous, especially in the latest series without Danny (cause poor guy works 9-5 most days and on his own stuff, not to mention he's essentially giving 100% to the show, more than Arin and Ross).

That's all I can say...although, if you want a great laugh that's fairly recent you could watch that The Amazing Frog video.

I uhh... did watch the amazing frog and found it rather lackluster actually.  The game itself looks hilarious but their commentary added nothing for me, even though the very end was a cool moment.  The comment on the chase scene looking like something out of the Terminator made me smile because I was thinking the same thing, but otherwise yeah it was mostly just Arin yelling DO YOU WANT THIS CROWN HUH DO YOU WANT THIS CROWN NO MY CROWN NO GET AWAY NO.  It all felt kinda forced and repetitive.

I'm not really interested in watching highlights either because that kinda defeats the purpose of watching the show itself.

I dunno, what they were doing is the same as what my brother and I do on those sort of games, even on games like Smash Bros.

People often say they really liked the Dennis the Menace one, also Home Alone for the one offs. Mega Man 2 is a good playthrough, the Super Mario Sunshine one is good too, the first Zelda one, the latest Mario completed game...there's a variety of them. Dan is definitely more determined to finish games, he even gave it his all in his first playthrough.

Dan is a really sweet guy with a really interesting life involving lesbians, hookers, threesomes and his father's Israeli-ness. This guy is single, it's hard to believe sometimes (unless Ninja Brian kills all his dates, or just steals them).

Zelda, Dennis the Menace and Out of This World have been recurring titles so far in responses I've been getting here and on Tumblr so looks like those'll be a good start.

I haven't watched all of it, but what I have watched of Wind Waker HD has been rather funny to me.  Can't say the same about Sunshine save for a handful of episodes.  Also, the ending to the newest SMWorld video was glorious.  In all the years I've played that game I don't think I ever experienced that glitch.

I'd actually recommend Mickey Mouscapade over Dennis the Menace, honestly.  Not that Dennis wasn't funny, but only a few of the constant child abuse jokes were that funny... or maybe I'm just upset that no one ever offered to teach me how to play buttball.

But Mouscapade probably isn't a good example of a typical new Grumps episode since they spent the whole time making fun of this faux-AVGN.  Still, it's hilarious to my easily-amused brain.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking news: Egoraptor doesn't know how to play a game!

What's worse is he's saying it's a bad game because it's expecting him to learn how to do things, but that's what he always praised old video games for, so he's basically complaining about something he praised games for when this game has the same thought process to it all.

It's just....what?

What's worse is he's saying it's a bad game because it's expecting him to learn how to do things, but that's what he always praised old video games for, so he's basically complaining about something he praised games for when this game has the same thought process to it all.

It's just....what?

Different games have different rules about how they should or should not teach a player.  Besides, Game Grumps is about entertainment, not critical analysis.  I haven't watched the episode, but I also think you're misunderstanding what he meant in the Sequelitis video, if that's what you're comparing.  He wasn't praising old games because they expect you to learn the game by playing it, he was praising the interactive and non-patronizing manner in which they taught basic gameplay mechanics.  That is, without the aid of long-winded tutorials or stopping the action, especially when it revolved around something extremely basic like, "Falling down pits will kill you."

Been working on this for months.  Been plowing through it on Thanksgiving break.  Spent literally all day today finishing it.  It's 2:00 AM.  I'm gonna go collapse.  Enjoy.

Amazing as always, Greg! ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a big stupid grin on my face the entire time... and then Mr Wilson happened. I totally lost it.

5 STARS

A+

4 STARS

• Thumbs Up 5

Game Grumps play Wheel of Fortune. Vanna White ain't havin' none of their shit!

In my opinion, this was one of the best ones yet. Filled with moments that you just couldn't make up even if you tried.

Been working on this for months.  Been plowing through it on Thanksgiving break.  Spent literally all day today finishing it.  It's 2:00 AM.  I'm gonna go collapse.  Enjoy.

I just subscribed to your channel, then unsubscribed so I could subscribe again. That was fantastic, man!

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the best part about this episode is just how unlucky the grumps were; that and the running gag around this luck made it all the funnier. 

Their Kirby episodes just finished yesterday as well. It was a cute let's play that worked with how revolting they were being while contrasted by the cute stuff. 

Their Wind Waker let's play has not been entertaining for me at all. It's one thing for them to be slow learners, but it's not funny watching them skipping text, ignoring blatant advice, and going in circles saying, "What do I do?" It is in dungeons, because that's how a dungeon is, but not when they skipped important text. The least they can do it fast forward.

Their Wind Waker let's play has not been entertaining for me at all. It's one thing for them to be slow learners, but it's not funny watching them skipping text, ignoring blatant advice, and going in circles saying, "What do I do?" It is in dungeons, because that's how a dungeon is, but not when they skipped important text. The least they can do it fast forward.

They sorted that after Arin got a little upset that people were angry at him for it, somebody even sent him a guide for the game.

It's not painful anymore; in fact, it was hilarious in the first minute when they went back to it saying sorry for it and how they got a guide.

They sorted that after Arin got a little upset that people were angry at him for it, somebody even sent him a guide for the game.

It's not painful anymore; in fact, it was hilarious in the first minute when they went back to it saying sorry for it and how they got a guide.

Arin still doesn't know how to cruise or drop things easily.

So it's not entirely painless.

Arin still doesn't know how to cruise or drop things easily.

So it's not entirely painless.

He learned how to drop things, he just thinks you need the sail up to cruise which isn't a pain, really.

Oh god that Wheel of Fortune one.  More like Wheel of Misfortune, right?  Hahahaha... oh.

Seriously, though, what terrible luck.  I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at someone's suffering.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh god that Wheel of Fortune one.  More like Wheel of Misfortune, right?  Hahahaha... oh.

Seriously, though, what terrible luck.  I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at someone's suffering.

Yeah, no kidding. MY SIDES. How could they be so unlucky?

Oh my god, I just finished this episode and...it's magical. Absolutely magical. Laughed so hard throughout. That overly serene song they kept playing just cinched it. XD

• Thumbs Up 1