Awoo.

Game Grumps

Soniman

So they're doing Super Metroid now and I like it. I love it when they play a game I've played and they say what they think about certain aspects of it.

Buuuuut Metroid being Metroid, I can only imagine there will not only be lots of death (due to skipping some Missile Tanks and all) , but there will also be at least one occurrence of "WHERE DO I GO?!?", and considering how they're approaching the n00b bridge and how they apparantly don't know about the run button yet...

I took those suggestions a while back to heart and have been watching Zelda 1 now that I've finally reached the end of the Jon episodes (and while not blown away with laughter I've been enjoying it enough to continue).

But if they can handle a where-do-I-go old game on the level of Zelda 1 I'm sure they'll be fine with Super Metroid.

I dunno, they both grew up playing Zelda 1 but not for Super Metroid (or at least Danny hasn't), not to mention that the two games play fairly differently...

8/10 to me it's their version of A Christmas Carol. It looks like that.

Anyway, i usually don't post their new videos, but this caught my attention:

Now, i was super happy when they started this series, and the fact that Arin knew the game already was good since it's easy to get lost.

However, not only Arin have fucked it up by not using one single charge beam, trying clearly impossible wall jumps repetivily and dying in the process, but he lost to Crocomire. One of the easiest Metroid bosses ever.

I don't even know if they were trying or it was just late when they recorded and they were tired, but i really didn't liked this episode.

Super Metroid Youtube link super happy fun time!

Now, i was super happy when they started this series, and the fact that Arin knew the game already was good since it's easy to get lost.

However, not only Arin have fucked it up by not using one single charge beam, trying clearly impossible wall jumps repetivily and dying in the process, but he lost to Crocomire. One of the easiest Metroid bosses ever.

I don't even know if they were trying or it was just late when they recorded and they were tired, but i really didn't liked this episode.

I'm the opposite: I love this episode especially because they screwed up and got killed by Crocomire. It was something new for me. I've never watched a Super Metroid Let's Play where the guy playing doesn't already know the game by heart and pulls off everything without much damage.

I've also never seen anyone die to Crocomire EVER. I was laughing all the way through.

This makes the rest of the series way more interesting, because now I have no idea where or when they'll screw up, or how hilariously they'll work to fix their screw-ups.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll probably enjoy this episode. I like it when they mess up due to their stupidity. I only get pissed when they actively ignore stuff that they blatantly need.

StarBomb is out, and Egoraptor made a music video for one of the songs. God damn, these songs are catchy, especially Crasher-Vania. Danny has an amazing 'heroic' singing voice.

I can't stop listening to Luigi's Ballad guys, it's getting really addicting. I've haven't had the chance to listen to the album online anywhere but Crasher-Vania sounds good from what I've heard too... what's the consensus on Starbomb?

Man I'm enjoying Table Flip way more than I thought I would.  They've really made it work, I love that it has a blend of scripted moments and "just watching them play the game", and the faux-Victorian theme really really adds something that makes it about 10 times more appealing than it would have been if it was just them playing normally.  It's a show that's really fun to watch for me, not just stick on in the background.

Yeah I really like it too, it's a great setting and seems to be lots of fun too. Barry really does well to stick to character while Suzy looks really natural in that costume of hers.

This one was so much fun. I couldn't believe that they had no idea how to avoid Phantoon's screen-sweeping fuck you attack, but since I also didn't know that you could prevent Phantoon from using it by not hitting it with Super Missiles, I learned something to today.

Let's Plays are always more fun to watch when there's a possibility of hilarious failure. I've got no sympathy for the lads getting all peeved at the lack of gameplay mastery.

I'll be honest, I loved it when Phantoon kicked their asses in Part 9, mostly because Arin repeatedly called Super Missiles "Smart Bombs" (so then what would that make the actual Smart/Power Bombs?!) and thinking he needed one to get past the Gadora when three regular Missiles would've worked just fine.

I just saw the B.O.B episode. They should consider doing Grumpcast more often, because I really enjoyed it, and judging by the comments, quite a few others enjoyed it as well

I'm enjoying the hell out of their Silent Hill run, something about Dan being absolutely terrified and Arin panicking is the best thing.

I mean god damn, Dan's got the girliest scream known to grumps.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm enjoying the Silent Hill run because they can just focus on moving forward and being terrified now that they're following a guide. And those moments where they do fuck up are fun because they don't involve Arin actively ignoring instructions and running around doing nothing. And Shattered Memories is the kind of game that can easily leave a player running around doing nothing, which is why I was so nervous about them playing it at first. 

The Game Grumps MagFest Panel has been uploaded to YouTube if anyone has wanted to watch it.

I was just reading a reddit post saying someone would put it up in "a couple of days", what a pleasant coincidence~