Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Actually... I think it's best he's not playable. When your in the game and you're racing by him, he looks wierd, the first time I passed him I wasn't sure it was him, it just looked like a yellow blob, it was only the second time did it twig. Ristar looks a bit odd in 3D, especially when theres quick movement like this one, I think his cameo is actually the best place for him.

+1 Ristar is not created for 3D

Edited by Yuluga
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I like all the new stuff, Love the new DLC. The choice of music is pretty bad imo. Death egg just needs one of them retro songs. I'd defenitly go for a remixed doomsday zone or maybe sonic and knuckles death egg, epic stuff. Apart from "the general offensive" all the other songs are just lame imo.

Edited by Jaouad
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I like all the new stuff, Love the new DLC. The choice of music is pretty bad imo. Death egg just needs one of them retro songs. I'd defenitly go for a remixed doomsday zone or maybe sonic and knuckles death egg, epic stuff. Apart from "the general offensive" all the other songs are just lame imo.

Oh, you did NOT just say that about Never Let It Go and Egg Fleet.

+1 Ristar is not created for 3D

Or maybe they could do a better job? Everythings possible and ristar allready looked kinda 3d in the old games. He might as well have been a pre-render. They just need to polish that's all

Look at poor Ristar in 3 dimensions-

Ristar.jpg

Ristar-capsule-toy.png

Sadly, it just doesn't work (by a designer's point of view).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Those pictures don't even come close to how he looks here.

ristar0718title.png

I don't really care much about how he looks, just don't agree that ristar doesn't work in 3d.

Oh, you did NOT just say that about Never Let It Go and Egg Fleet.

Lol seriously, imo their all pretty lame, even those 2 you stated :unsure:

(Apart from general offensive)

Edit: Looking at the DLC picture with metal sonic and ristar, he doesn't look that bad, he looks pretty good.

Edited by Jaouad

Or maybe they could do a better job?

I think you should appologise for that one. That Death Egg stage is fantastic, the design and the effort thats gone into it could so easilly justify it being a lot more in price. Ristar has been done to the best that he can be, the problem is that he looks odd. Not to say that he can't be done in 3D, or that the design of him by whoever did it is bad.

The problem is that in 3D with the style that ASR has, it he looks odd. It's not so bad in still photos, but speeding along the track, he really does look odd.

• Thumbs Up 2

This was rather quick.

I just received an email stating that I can give you guys a little hint regarding this DLC joint project, but it'll come later in the day. Can't tell you what time I'll post it though, and the hint is going to be pretty tough to decipher (it'll be harder than that blurry pic!).

Maybe S0L pulled it because he realized how much of a mistake it was to leave out Ristar, and is now working to bring him to the many people who requested him! :D

Meanwhile...in reality, I'm a bit bummed that Death Egg was pulled. Sounded awesome. Oh well, I'm gonna be busy going through Ultimate Alliance 2 this weekend anyway to give it too much attention. Hope it's up by next week though.

As for more Sonic stages (too lazy to qutoe), please no. Give the franchises that zero track representation their fill. Space Channel 5 would ace any other Sonic space tracks (ARK, Black Comet, etc.).

Edited by Tentomon

I think you should appologise for that one. That Death Egg stage is fantastic, the design and the effort thats gone into it could so easilly justify it being a lot more in price. Ristar has been done to the best that he can be, the problem is that he looks odd. Not to say that he can't be done in 3D, or that the design of him by whoever did it is bad.

The problem is that in 3D with the style that ASR has, it he looks odd. It's not so bad in still photos, but speeding along the track, he really does look odd.

I never said anthing bad about the level or anything I haven't played or seen. I'd be pretty bad if I did that.

I'm seeing everyone stating that ristar looks odd and some are saying that he just doesn't work in 3d. I just think if he does look odd that it doesn't mean that they couldn't have made him look good.

Edited by Jaouad

I think more Sonic tracks would be cool. Since there's a lot of different environments throughout the series. I'd be interested to see maybe a downhill Ice Cap (from Adventure 1), Something from '06 like Kingdom Valley, A Black Comet track, or Spagonia from Unleashed.. Or more classic levels.

Chemical Plant would be awesome.

Then again, I don't play much other SEGA games.. Besides Billy Hatcher.. Giant Palace would be a cool track.

Edited by SA2

Now that you have mentioned sonic 06. I would love some tracks from that game as well. That game has some epic music and even though it's not popular and pretty much hated by a lot. The music shouldn't be forgotten.

Aw damn. I just spent the last 10 or so minutes reading through this thread and getting my hopes up for the Metal Sonic/Death Egg DLC, only to find out it's been taken down. :(

Ah well, next week isn't too far away...

This was rather quick.

I just received an email stating that I can give you guys a little hint regarding this DLC joint project, but it'll come later in the day. Can't tell you what time I'll post it though, and the hint is going to be pretty tough to decipher (it'll be harder than that blurry pic!).

Cool, something to get our minds off Metal Sonic being removed (Even if it's just an April Fools gag).

Urghhh, both games Ristar has appeared in 3D in have been cameo appearances, of course he won't have a perfectly designed model. Ristar can look fine in 3D, stop complaining about a cameo jesus christ just be thankful Ristar is in the game.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't like the fact that even though the Metal Sonic DLC is done they needed to take it down 'cause it "wasn't time yet."

• Thumbs Up 1

25fj52g.jpg

I think Sumo have done a great job on Ristar cameo his model looks better looking than the examples shown above

Edited by Creature Of The Night

I've even checked out his back and although it's odd seeing 3D Ristar at first you can see they've done a good job on his whole model. They've even got his charming smirk spot on :)

Alright folks, here is your hint, but don't say I didn't warn you about the difficulty!

2a6qtf5.jpg

I can think a lot of things about the Sonic fandom in that picture... but I can't see any DLC at all...

wait a minute... Sonic fandom?

Maybe it's Dreadknux riding AAUK in 1970 trousers as I predicted :D

Alright folks, here is your hint, but don't say I didn't warn you about the difficulty!

2a6qtf5.jpg

Death Note's L RIDING A DONKEY WITH A DREAMCAST LOGO ON IT WHILE EATING A CHICKEN AS DLC nomnomnom lol jk

I have no idea what to think about that image tbh XD

Edited by Creature Of The Night

So Shadz, tell us, does Ristar "got back"?

Yes he has a back but no buttocks :lol: He's as you would guess from his game, he's a black ball with a curved star slapped on him.