Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

The Ryo-F pack.

Surely if it contained Shenmue characters alone it would be named "The Shenmue Character pack" If it was a mish mash of other characters then it would have a more descriptive name, such as "Classic character pack" So I wonder if it'll be variations of Ryo.... mind you, maybe it is just Ryo-F, if it wasn't for the pre-order code, would you pay that to have a new character in the game? Me personally no... but I think that there would be a lot of people that would.

I'm very excited about this DLC. Death Egg Zone? GOD YES.

I'm not bothered about Ryo-F (Never played Shenmue, so it's lost on me). I'm interested in seeing how Metal Sonic plays though.

This DLC sounds good, I hope the Death Egg is full of 16-bit surprise! I'm not so sure about the Ryo stuff if it is only him on the forklift, I'll wait and see to pass judgement. But thanks again S0L for looking after your fans.

I wonder if it means different outfits for Ryo, different coloured fork lifts or make him say different things when on the forklift though he doesn't in the pre-order code version.

What time does new content usually hit the Playstation Store?

I'm actually suprised it's not there already. Typically it's anytime between 12-6pm (GMT) on a thursday. Although it might be around 3PM according to some dudes on other sites.

What time does new content usually hit the Playstation Store?

Used to be between 6pm and 7pm but lately they've been updating around 3PM.

EDIT:

Someone in the comments of my article says Ryo-F is now on XBL but I just checked and he's not.

CCowell125 says:

1 April, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Ryu Forklift is on Xbox LIVE now for 340 Microsoft Points. No Death Egg Zone or Metal Sonic though.

EDIT 2:

Actually he is right, its only on Xbox.com at the mo -

Rev your engine, jostle to stay ahead of the pack and drive as Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue in his signature forklift truck. Download this exclusive vehicle.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80253450815/?p=1&of=0&bt=0&sb=1#offers

It's just normal Ryo-F, its not labelled as a pack.

Wait these are going to be downloadable today? Damn. I need to get a MS points card and go to a friend , but that'l have to wait till next week >_<.

Used to be between 6pm and 7pm but lately they've been updating around 3PM.

EDIT:

Someone in the comments of my article says Ryo-F is now on XBL but I just checked and he's not.

EDIT 2:

Actually he is right, its only on Xbox.com at the mo -

http://marketplace.x...t=0&sb=1#offers

It's just normal Ryo-F, its not labelled as a pack.

Shadzter It on the Xbox live marketplace on the system it self not just the xbox.com look under Title and it should be above Ryo Jacket avatar item

Edited by Creature Of The Night

Someone at SEGA Forums apparently has the Metal Sonic and Death Egg Zone pack -

I just bought the Metal Sonic/track pack, and it's just the 1 track, for the record. Lap feels as long as Monkey Target... seems pretty cool. Price is way too high on the Ryo forklift DLC, and I doubt it comes with anything else.

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5712876&postcount=40

It must just be out in the U.S. at the moment, I can't find any of the content on my console and can only find Ryo-F on the UK version of Xbox.com

So it is just Ryo-F, how boring and overpriced.

Really looking forward to Death Egg Zone, would have preffered Chemical Plant Zone but I'll wait until I see it.

Ommmmmg I hope there's a section where you can drive outside in space and see the front of the Death Egg

Check last post in this tread, someone posted a pic.

This? -

Metal_Sonic_15.png

That's from Sonic Drift 2 if I remember correctly.

On the German site only Ryo-F is there. It also doesn'T say anything about a pack. Still I'll probably get it biggrin.gif

It's only 108 kb.... Kinda small :-/

Edited by MarcelloF

So if I go onto the EU PS store, theres the Sonic and Sega All stars racing menu... click it and!

Error 80023102.

So I dunno maybe it'll be there in a couple of... hours....

Oh it's there now, It's live on the EU store, I'll get the descriptions ready.

Metal Sonic & Death Egg Zone (Game Pack)

Get your telescopic limbs, jety engine and black shield forcefield ready and race as new character Metal Sonic with this exclusive download! Also speed around new track the Death Egg, a huge orbital fortress created by Dr. Eggman. Download the character and track pack now. £4.79

Ryo-F is just Ryo-F. Nothing else.... bit of a rip off price if you ask me. (Didn't download it, just reading the description).

"Drive as Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue in his signature forklift truck. Download this exclusive vehicle.

Edited by Casanova

This? -

Metal_Sonic_15.png

That's from Sonic Drift 2 if I remember correctly.

2r3fr04.jpg

149mb

Meant this.

149MB also certainly proves it's not something on the disc.

So if I go onto the EU PS store, theres the Sonic and Sega All stars racing menu... click it and!

Error 80023102.

So I dunno maybe it'll be there in a couple of... hours....

I followed the square button link immediately after the update a few hours ago and it just took me to empty slots in the PS Store.

EDIT:

Ryo-F is on the console XBLM now, well its under New Arrivals but click it and there's no sign of it XD

It's now live on the EU PS Store... to quote what I just said in my edit.

Metal Sonic & Death Egg Zone (Game Pack)

Get your telescopic limbs, jety engine and black shield forcefield ready and race as new character Metal Sonic with this exclusive download! Also speed around new track the Death Egg, a huge orbital fortress created by Dr. Eggman. Download the character and track pack now. £4.79

Ryo-F is just Ryo-F. Nothing else.... bit of a rip off price if you ask me. (Didn't download it, just reading the description).

Ryo Hazuki - Forklift Truck (Game pack)

"Drive as Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue in his signature forklift truck. Download this exclusive vehicle." £3.99

Thats it... metal Sonic + Death Egg sounds great, and great price... Ryo-F.... is that some kind of mistake with the pricing there because thats ridiculous.

To put it another way.

If future characters will cost around £3.99 each. Then tracks are amazingly cheap?

Edited by Casanova

Wonder what Metal's ASM is. =P

I just bought the Ryo-F code (seeing as though Gameplay borked me out of my two month pre-order on launch day 8< ) and am waiting for them to update with the Death Egg track now. XD The Ryo-F download key does seem a little pricey- mainly because it's annoying when companies charge for things already included on the disk. There was an interesting article about that in the latest issue of GamesTM this month.

I hope we see more downloadable characters and tracks though, I'm all for that. =P 150mb downloads perfectly suits my ancient 20GB HDD too. XD

Not crazy about the Ryo-F price, but the Metal Sonic/Death Egg pack sounds FANTASTIC. Wonder if it's got its own music, or if it just uses the Final Fortress tracks...not to mention what Metal's vehicle and ASM are, and if he gets his own unique announcer comments.

Edited by Cyberlink420

Downloading metal Sonic pack now, I'll upload a small video of him soonish.

This is not an exclusive for SSMB or TSS.... no... I'm turning to the dark purple side.

This is a BIGNEWS exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1