Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Alright, I played the demo a few weeks ago, it's good, but not great. I hate the announcer though. Seriously, did they really need that annoying announcer? Also, I still don't understand why Banjo and Kazooie are in the game if it's SEGA All-Stars Racing, not RAREWARE All-Stars Racing. Overall, I'd give it a 7 out of 10. I would like to buy the full game, but maybe not right away.

You cant really give the game an overall score based on one demo track with 2 characters and the announcer can be turned off in the full game if you dont like him.

Ugh! Why are Peach, Zelda, Samus and the female Ice Climber in Smash Bros!? Its called Super Smash BROS, not Super Smash SIBLINGS!

And why were Sonic and Snake in it?! Its supposed to be only Nintendo!

Seriously, its just a little bonus. I don't see how anyone can see it negatively, seeing as its another character. Its not like he took the chance of any other characters getting in.

Edited by MarcelloF

Alright, I played the demo a few weeks ago, it's good, but not great. I hate the announcer though. Seriously, did they really need that annoying announcer?

You can turn off the announcer if you want. :) (in the full version, not the demo)

Also, I still don't understand why Banjo and Kazooie are in the game if it's SEGA All-Stars Racing, not RAREWARE All-Stars Racing.

Why is Sonic, Ryo, Beat, Jacky, Ulala, Billy, Alex, BD Joe, Zobio & Zobiko, the Chu Chu's, AiAi, Amigo and Big in this game if it's "RAREWARE All-Stars Racing", not "SEGA All-Stars Racing with Banjo and Kazooie"? :angry:

;)

Also, I recommend you the DS version, since it solves both of your irks with the game (no announcer and no Banjo).

EDIT: lol SGEA 8D

Edited by imarafan

Alright, I played the demo a few weeks ago, it's good, but not great. I hate the announcer though. Seriously, did they really need that annoying announcer? Also, I still don't understand why Banjo and Kazooie are in the game if it's SEGA All-Stars Racing, not RAREWARE All-Stars Racing. Overall, I'd give it a 7 out of 10. I would like to buy the full game, but maybe not right away.

Because they're fucking bonuses. Don't like 'em? Don't use them. They don't even show up as CPUs (in the final game at least, they do in the demo).

I would also like ot know why I can play as Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, R.O.B and Miis in Mario Kart. Way to ruin Mario Kart Nintendo. It's should be Mario and nobody else. JUST Mario.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Time for a discussion point methinks, who is everyone's favourite character(s) so far?

I've primarily used Sonic so I'm quite keen on him but I also like racing as Shadow, Knuckles, Ulala and Billy Hatcher too. I like all the other characters as well, but haven't had as much time with them to form a full opinion of them yet.

What about you guys?

Just to check, there's no way to have more than one person go online through the same console, is there?

Just to check, there's no way to have more than one person go online through the same console, is there?

Correct.

"Monkeys! Balls! Annnd a whole lot of racing!"

There are some other quotes, however don't know if they've been cut from the game. I haven't heard them in a long while...

I miss Susan and her mop and bucket.

You and me both.

The announcer just feels so full of racing energy - it's like it's going through his feet and right out his mouth! :P

The announcer just feels so full of racing energy - it's like it's going through his feet and right out his mouth! :P

He swets in places he isn't even supposed to :o

Edited by imarafan

I've been mostly using Amy, but I can see myself switching to Shadow if she's taken in an online game. He handled really nice and smooth for me when I played him in a mission.

I totally dig Ulala's all-star move though. When I buy her I might occasionally try her too.

Oh, I got another totally gnarly patch suggestion (if possible) - the ability to sign in on multi-player games. It's kinda lame that only player one gets SEGA Miles. Was playing with Mollfie earlier who also likes to play, and of course she gets squat for it on her file because she isn't signed in.

Edited by JezMM

I generally do best as either Alex Kidd or Billy Hatcher, at the moment. Every so often I'll play as Sonic or Ryo, too. I'm still trying out a lot of the characters, but Alex and Billy seem to be the ones I play as the most.

Is it just me, or can a lot of what the announcer says be taken as innuendo? D:

"Eggman pushes his big red button!" :blink::lol:

Also, I swear I'm not making this up, but I think I heard the announcer swear. It was during a particularly brutal exchange and he bellowed "Yeah! That's the shit we came to see!" I could have misheard, and if anybody else has heard this quote with another word in place of "shit", I'll admit it was probably my mistake... but has anybody else heard it? I was in shock, and I know 'tis practically impossible that I heard it, but seriously, that's what I heard. It was during the final race of the final Grand Prix Cup, the biggest Final Fortress course (can't remember the specific name yet), on Beginner difficulty.

Favourite character? Sonic the Hedgehog, hands down. I have also been playing Ryo Hazuki and Doctor Eggman (and have experienced all three of their All-Star Moves) but otherwise? Despite unlocking nearly all the characters, I've barely touched 'em.

Also, I swear I'm not making this up, but I think I heard the announcer swear. It was during a particularly brutal exchange and he bellowed "Yeah! That's the shit we came to see!" I could have misheard, and if anybody else has heard this quote with another word in place of "shit", I'll admit it was probably my mistake... but has anybody else heard it? I was in shock, and I know 'tis practically impossible that I heard it, but seriously, that's what I heard. It was during the final race of the final Grand Prix Cup, the biggest Final Fortress course (can't remember the specific name yet), on Beginner difficulty.

Yeah, I'm sure I've heard the announcer swear too. I can't remember exactly when it happened or what he said, but I do remember sitting up in my chair thinking "wha? did he REALLY just say that?"

So he either did swear or we're both just going mad :P

Yeah, I'm sure I've heard the announcer swear too. I can't remember exactly when it happened or what he said, but I do remember sitting up in my chair thinking "wha? did he REALLY just say that?"

So he either did swear or we're both just going mad :P

THANK YOU!!

*feels like the Master when the Doctor admits to hearing the drums too*

But how the heck does Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing get away with random swearing?! :blink:

I'm always listening to the announcer extra-carefully now.

• Thumbs Up 1

THANK YOU!!

*feels like the Master when the Doctor admits to hearing the drums too*

It's real...!

IT'S REEEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!

*flies off* :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be looking forward to playing this soon, I just can't at the moment because money's tight for me right now. I'm very happy it's getting positive reviews, and looks to be damn fun too. :D I really hated Mario Kart Wii for it's rubber-banding AI, but this looks to be more balanced, which I'm happy about.

I'm planning on playing the 360, Wii, and DS versions. Which should I try out first?

:lol::lol::lol: @ MK Skillz... *flies off*

I'm planning on playing the 360, Wii, and DS versions. Which should I try out first?

I'd suggest the Xbox360, 'cause it'll be the most technically impressive and most visually gorgeous. You'll fall in love instantly.

:lol::lol::lol: @ MK Skillz... *flies off*

Thank you, I'll be here all week ;)

@Spyne: I've only played the Wii version and can certainly recommend it, though I'm sure the 360 version is probably the best one to go for in terms of graphics, extra characters and DLC.

Random, but does anyone know if there are any official wallpapers for this game on any sites?

I have a habit of using whatever new game I'm currently playing as a wallpaper for the duration I'm playing it a lot (and have a default Naruto paper at other times >.>), and was sort of hoping there'd be an ASR paper I could use.

I havent heard the announcer swear on Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3 :huh:

Anyway, all this talk about the announcer and the things he says has drawn me to one conclusion.

Ulala isnt to blame for the ESRB's "Mild Suggestive themes"

THE ANNOUNCER IS :o

The announcer says things suggestively, Ulala is in all 5 versions of the game but the DS version got a simple "Mild Cartoon Violence" while the other 4 versions with the announcer in(DS version has no announcer) got "Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief, Mild Suggestive Themes" .

Random, but does anyone know if there are any official wallpapers for this game on any sites?

I have a habit of using whatever new game I'm currently playing as a wallpaper for the duration I'm playing it a lot (and have a default Naruto paper at other times >.>), and was sort of hoping there'd be an ASR paper I could use.

I made my own, for a 1440x900 screen.

No official wallpapers that I know about. I've been looking for months.