Awoo.

The Amazing Spider Man (Comic Series)

Soniman

Did they hire the Sega forums to write this comic?

If they did, someone on the Sega forums obviously has nothing but burning, seething contempt for Spider-Man and all of his fans. 

You know, I changed my Mind. Bring Uncle Ben back to Life, because thats by far much more acceptable than this bollocks.

relevant

That was....fucking depressing, and not in a well written way it's just......sad as hell, how could they do that to this character?

...Okay thinking about this... There is... something I kinda agree with.

Peter Parker doesn't deserve to be Spiderman.

The comic is 'Spider-Man' yet in the years I was addicted to Spiderman, Peter did nothing to justify that title, I've seen him act selfish to the point where he hurts the people he loves, acts like a child despite being a grown up with a wife.

Theres tons of stuff out there and not just the whole One More Day thing. He's almost always tried to do everything to benefit himself as apposed to those around him who he loves.

Now... there is blame to be placed on the writers and the editors for allowing this to happen, and they shouldn't have let it happen.

But Oc does have a bit of a point... Parker doesn't really deserve it.

However, his fans deserve so much more than that.

The comic is 'Spider-Man' yet in the years I was addicted to Spiderman, Peter did nothing to justify that title, I've seen him act selfish to the point where he hurts the people he loves, acts like a child despite being a grown up with a wife.

Theres tons of stuff out there and not just the whole One More Day thing. He's almost always tried to do everything to benefit himself as apposed to those around him who he loves.

Now... there is blame to be placed on the writers and the editors for allowing this to happen, and they shouldn't have let it happen.

It kinda goes against the whole "Power and Responsibility" creed doesn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Did they hire the Sega forums to write this comic?

brendanfraiserhahahaclap.gif

Good show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not been reading these comics, but the strips and recaps I've seen in these recent posts are just plain bull shit. 

It kinda goes against the whole "Power and Responsibility" creed doesn't it?

The writers threw that out of the window decades ago.

No matter how much seething hatred Slott has for the REAL Spider-Man, he won't be able to stop Peter from coming back. No matter what garbage he comes up with. No matter what sense he tries to make of it, people aren't going to accept Dr. Octopus as Spider-Man. It could have been avoided if he just chose an entirely new person or another hero, but he didn't. Seriously, though. That issue is a middle finger.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Agreed.  Tons of people (and even some of the writers) wanted Peter to grow up, act like an adult, get married, become more responsible, yadda yadda yadda. However because of people like Queseda (and admittingly some fans)  who thinks Peter should be single, be young and still somewhat reckless, we got OMD, a "last resort" type of thing to keep Peter young for a few more years. And this is a terrible thing

Like that guy Linkara said in his OMD review, the fans have grown up, the readers that Spider-man was meant to relate to, have grown up, gotten married, and had kids. Because of this they can't relate to someone like Peter who still acts selfish, childish, and such. That's why If Marvel ever does bring back Peter Parker, the first thing they need to make him do is grow up. Make him responsible, and actually prove to us why and how he deserves to be Spider-man, instead of just yelling "With great power comes great responsibility" and time someone questions him on the issue.

• Thumbs Up 3

It really says something that Ultimate-Peter, who had far less experience as a super-hero and who was always younger than his counterpart, died as an infinitely more responsible, heroic human being. Heck, I'd be surprised to see the mainstream incarnation do something even half as selfless.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, that's the thing too. Ultimate Peter had the proper heroic send-off, proving that he had what it takes to be Spider-Man. Rather than try and salvage mainline Peter, and have him "grow up"  AGAIN, they just decided to erase him and replace him with a Bipolar madman (seriously, Spock is all over the place with his shit). The least they could have done is have Parker go out living up to to that old mantra. You know, I even feel that Superior Spider-Man went over the line with his selfishness too. Pete has been a dick from time to time, but not the trying to sabotage brain surgery kind.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait...

I heard a criticism today, is this correct?

We know that Doc Oc took over Peters body at the end of Amazing Spiderman... Since then, he has been acting totally different, doing a different job, doing different things... even speaking differently...

At nobody in the comic who knows him has questioned his out of character behaviour?

Wait...

I heard a criticism today, is this correct?

We know that Doc Oc took over Peters body at the end of Amazing Spiderman... Since then, he has been acting totally different, doing a different job, doing different things... even speaking differently...

At nobody in the comic who knows him has questioned his out of character behaviour?

Yes and no, Doc Ock has been acting odd, but characters close to Peter with the exception of Carly Cooper gave him the benefit of the doubt in situations that don't make sense. Like an instance in which Ock violently beat someone to a pulp because they were playing pranks(Doctor Octopus doesn't have a sense of humor). The Avengers captured him and checked his brain to see if he was a Skrull or some shit. Then, they told Peter that if he doesn't shape up, they are kicking him out of the Avengers and then blamed his behavior on Spider-man having Post-traumatic Stress Disorder due to the death of his good friend, Silver Sable. It makes no fucking sense.

Look, I just like to pretend Spider-man died long before Slott.

• Thumbs Up 3

New Ultimate Spider-man preview pictures. I'll spoiler them for those who haven't read.

tumblr_mmkk53zx2i1ru8adho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmkk53zx2i1ru8adho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmkk53zx2i1ru8adho3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmkk53zx2i1ru8adho4_1280.jpg

Really Wish Bendis didn't do what he did with the last issue. So predictable.

Really Wish Bendis didn't do what he did with the last issue. So predictable.

How was it predictable?

I thought it was his dad that was going to bite it.

When I said predictable I meant

it was predictable to kill one of Miles parents. When you have a young hero with parents that fights the forces of evil it's a safe bet that one or both of them will bite the dust in eventually. IMHO it's the most obvious move you could make.

When I said predictable I meant

it was predictable to kill one of Miles parents. When you have a young hero with parents that fights the forces of evil it's a safe bet that one or both of them will bite the dust in eventually. IMHO it's the most obvious move you could make.

Well it was predictable since Spider-man mythos has always dealt with death(almost everyone close to Peter has died and if they haven't, they probably should have), but it was not about predictability. It was more about how much it hurt. Miles up until the latest issue has been a kid. He has been written like a kid. He acts like a kid. Hell, he even does some childish things like getting curious about Electro being made of electricity while he was fighting him, wearing Kermit the Frog slippers, asking to hurry up with the superheroics so he can do his homework, and getting distracted with things that are seemingly mundane to an adult as if they would be important to a child. Before he became Spider-man, Miles had the ideal family and the ideal parents. As soon as he became it, his Uncle acted sketchy and his dad's bigotry affected him when prior to obtaining powers, it wouldn't. Every panel Miles has with his mother was there to reinforce this notion as she was never negligent in being a mother. Every time she saw Miles, she hugged him, kissed him, told him that she loves him. He pretty much was the ideal mom. This was not just any young super hero losing his parents. This was about a kid who lost his mom because of his actions as a superhero. I know that you probably wanted Rio to stay alive and trust me, I did too, but I hardly think it was a bad decision on Bendis part.

So Miles has a new girlfriend who has cropped three different times.

tumblr_mmuhc4LxAv1r1oz3go6_400.png

That is her in the latest issue.

3003776-9297315388-24493.jpg

That is her first appearance.

Katherine_Bishop_(Earth-1610)_001.jpg

And that is her in issue 20.

Some goddamn consistency would be nice. 

• 7 months later...

This topic is dead just like Peter Parker

Superior Spider-man might be ending to make way for a new Spider-man Comic this April

In Marvel’s solicitations for March, they list Superior Spider-Man #29 and #30 as parts three and four of the five part storyline Goblin Nation.

But I’m being told by connected sources told that this is a fake out. That the actual last chapter is part four. That Superior Spider-Man is actually publishing its final two issues in March. And in April, we get a brand new Spider-Man comic by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

And yes, out alongside the April release of the new Amazing Spider-Man 2 film.

So who might be inside the suit, and the cranium of that person, we have yet to find out. Doc Ock? Peter Parker? Miles Morales? Miguel O’Hara?

And of course, this could all be a load of web fluid… let’s find out in a month’s time!

But I...I...
I actually like Spock

But I...I...

I actually like Spock

Theeyebrow--raised.jpg

that was also meant to be my reaction don't kill me mod overlords

This topic is dead just like Peter Parker

Superior Spider-man might be ending to make way for a new Spider-man Comic this April

But I...I...

I actually like Spock

Apparently he's a more mature and responsible Spider Man then Peter himself

Theeyebrow--raised.jpg

that was also meant to be my reaction don't kill me mod overlords

Do not worry my friend, it was hard for me to accept Spock as the best spider-man too.

superior+20a.jpg