Awoo.

The Amazing Spider Man (Comic Series)

Soniman

Ugh, what the hell... Superior Spider-Man is still a thing? When will it end? I hate Doc Ock Spidey. He's not pleasant or snarky at all...

EDIT: Just read the post that Superior ends around March and will be replaced with a new Spider-Man comic. Man, I hope Peter makes a come back...

I sincerely hope the other Marvel heroes figure out what the hell's going on with Spidey and actually do something about it, it's high time that we get Dan Slott's idiot plot out of the way.

Thank god it's ending. Well, at least I hope it is. This comic retains its reputation to me as the giant middle finger to Spider-Man.

• Thumbs Up 5

Personally I hate all this new stuff I only like the old stuff from the 60's and the 70's same thing with all comics the 30's to the 70's were the best years for comics after that well it all went stinko.  If you ask me I think Spiderman comics should go back to they're roots why not have a 50 issue run of Spiderman with Stan Lee writing the story and John Romita Sr. Drawing (I would say have Steve Ditko draw but with all that stuff going on between him and Marvel I don't think he'll ever go back).  I think they should do that with all the comics make it like it used to be like I said personally I hate all this new stuff and the art man that's the worst part.  I hate think that Spiderman 1 went from this post-6160-0-33357800-1389287387_thumb.jp To thispost-6160-0-20544800-1389287423_thumb.jp So that is my opinion please let me know if you agree with my opinion.

At this point, I won't be surprised if it's a fake out and it's still Doc Ock.

Although, I also won't be surprised if Peter's back since comics almost always revert to the status quo eventually, even if it takes a while.

What I'm saying is I won't be surprised either way which I think is one of the main reason why I'm usually not interested in DC/Marvel's actual comic books and stick to their cartoons and movies. :V

So as we all probably know now... Peter Parker is returning! Superior will be no more soon. 

spider-man-2.jpg

Thoughts? Though the artwork looks goofy as fuck, I'm happy to see the end of Superior. Let's hope they do Peter justice this time around.

What the hell is wrong with Peter's face?

Either way, I guess I should be glad it's ending. It mades a trade paperback of all of Superior will be made eventually so I don't have to waste time hunting down issues.

So as we all probably know now... Peter Parker is returning! Superior will be no more soon. 

spider-man-2.jpg

Thoughts? Though the artwork looks goofy as fuck, I'm happy to see the end of Superior. Let's hope they do Peter justice this time around.

Or it could end being as bad and fucked up a fake-out as Superior Spider-Man #9 ( and the segue of preceding comics leading up to it) was.

And unfortunately, it seems that Slott and Ramos will still be on board either way.

Superior was genuine fun and while I don't mind Parker returning, I hope they manage a way to keep both. Fuck, if we can also have Kaine around, why not? Just shove Spock into an LMD or take the chance since they're bringing early versions of everyone back through time travel to bring 60's Parker back while keeping Spock.

• Thumbs Up 1

Superior was genuine fun and while I don't mind Parker returning, I hope they manage a way to keep both. Fuck, if we can also have Kaine around, why not? Just shove Spock into an LMD or take the chance since they're bringing early versions of everyone back through time travel to bring 60's Parker back while keeping Spock.

or go to an alternate timeline where he dies in the 60's, save him while preserving his death, and bring him to our timeline. honestly I dont mind spOck,, and I think he should be  given a chance to become his own hero, though prefferably not as a spidey, but something else

Words do not describe my feelings, knowing that this is a legitimate possibility that could happen in a story meant for other people to read.

Although the point of him isn't to become a hero, the fun is all in that Otto utterly misunderstands what he's doing and lets his arrogance get the best of him. I honestly can't see how people, assuming they've actually read the comic and not just gone on outrages from reading articles, think Superior is an insult to Spider-Man or Peter Parker- the whole comic is about Otto Octavius going "I'LL BE BETTER THAN PARKER" and then not understanding what Parker did good. It's a constant subtext of "yeah Otto gets more villains but look, he's alienated everyone and has evil minions and is ultraviolent. This is not what being Spider-Man is about and he's too stupid to realise."

EDIT: It's like if Kirkman's Irredeemable Ant-Man didn't have O'Grady actually start redeeming himself, basically. While overtime it gets old, especially if this kind of asshole character is the main character in the book, I think it's worth keeping them around if only to serve as counterpoints futurely to the more by-the-book heroes.

And yeah Soma I'm frankly expecting that. Hell, even if Spock's gone and Parker returns to his body, I'm expecting 60's Parker to somehow appear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Words do not describe my feelings, knowing that this is a legitimate possibility that could happen in a story meant for other people to read.

Timeslips have happened before, most prominent one being teen ironman when stark was being mind controled

Between taking the fun away from Spider-man and whoring the hell out of the Avengers, I'm gonna be saving alot of money.

And that's pretty much what I've been doing when it comes to Spider-man and the bulk of Marvel Comics sans the Ultimate universe still to this very day.

The final issue of the Amazing Spider-man comic series (#700)'s ending was leaked online yesterday.

Oh my god, I just....I....I don't know how to react to this. I'll give you the cliffnotes version of the story after the image in the spoiler.

So basically Doc Ock switched brains with Peter Parker, Doc Ock became Spider-man, while Peter was stuck in Doc Ock's very old and dying body

So at first Fake Peter (who is really Doc Ock in peter's body) becomes a villian, ruining the Spider-man reputation, blah blah blah. But first he puts Fake Ock (Peter who is in Doc Ock's body) in jail. Eventually Fake  Ock breaks out of jail, and with the help of some villians, gets Fake Peter.

Fake Ock tries to re-do the brain switching  machine, but is unable to as Fake Peter anticipated this, and  is wearing special armor.  Fake Ock realises he will never become Peter Parker again, so he does this wierd ass thing where he transfers all his memories to Fake Peter,(for example, everything that happened to Peter, Doc Ock now sees as himself. )  

Fake Ock (real Peter Parker) DIES! and Fake Peter, (who is still DOC OCK) becomes good, and vows to become a better Spider-man then Peter ever was, and the issue ends with Doc Ock now calling himself

...THE SUPERIOR-SPIDER-MAN

Fuck

you

Marvel

HAHAHAHA

HEY GUYS

LET'S TAKE A WELL LOVED AND WELL ESTABLISHED HERO

AND FUCK HIM OVER IN THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE

AND END A 50 YEAR OLD COMIC LIKE THAT

Marvel officially lost their minds now.

What do they have against Peter? I mean, the last thing that could happen is that they kill him off in the ASM2 movie and have say Gwen as the new Spider-Man (crazy but knowing MARVEL I DO NOT DOUBT THIS)

I HATE everything about humanity in this single point in time. If the world just......imploded at this moment, right now, I would welcome it. I can't fucking believe this shit, absolutely disgusting.

Marvel...

I congratulate you... you have somehow found a way to make a story which is 50 billion trillion quazilion tramgillion million and three times worse than One More Day, this is indeed something of a clap or sorts.

I'm surprised. No mention of Stan Lee's reaction to ASM #700 which just so happened to have been released around his birthday at the time?

I told my brother about this, and we just sort of laughed for some ten minutes, because what the crap is this?

My only condolence is that Marvel can't maim Peter Parker any more.

I really hope they don't take that as a challenge.

Seems they did take such as a challenge if Superior Spider-Man #9 is anything to go off of.

At this point, I won't be surprised if it's a fake out and it's still Doc Ock.

Right now in the Superior Spidey story arc, Goblin took over NY or something, I dunno some bullshit.

So Spock, with his last fighting breath, tries to find a way to stop the Goblin.  And in comes Doc-Ock and Mary Jane's daughter.

She tells Spock if he makes a deal with the devil, everything will go back to the way it was before Goblin took over. All Spock has to do is give up his life.

Spock, with no where else left to run, agrees to the deal, willing to give up his life for the greater good as "with great power, comes great responsibility". The deal goes through, but the plot-twist is that the Devil makes Spock give up the doc-ock part of his brain, his old evil life, therefore leaving Peter Parker. 

The LAME Spider-man, Peter Parker, is back. Fans rejoice as The Devil saves the day in the final issue of Superior Spider-man.

One Morerer Day

I don't even know what the fuck I just wrote. I'm sleepy.

• Thumbs Up 4

So Peter is coming back eh? Comic book deaths are so meanlingless anyways is superior spiderman good? I'm thinking of buying the trades

It's good in that, once it gets past the whole trying to erase Peter forever thing, you see Ock being the goofiest Spider-Man to ever exist.

Eh I'll give it a shot this kinda makes me wonder does marvel hate Peter? They killed him in the ultimate universe, screwed him in the main universe with one more day and killed him in the last issue of amazing spider man(and is an idiot in the new cartoon)

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh I'll give it a shot this kinda makes me wonder does marvel hate Peter? They killed him in the ultimate universe, screwed him in the main universe with one more day and killed him in the last issue of amazing spider man(and is an idiot in the new cartoon)

Word of advice: You might want to skip Superior Spider-Man #9; its THAT ONE BAD crop in an already rotten field of comics.

And then it'll be undone a year later like every controversial Spider-Man plot.

This is retarded af but it's comics, shit will be retconned around the time Spidey 2 comes out in theaters, that's pretty much a guarantee , i'll just continue to stick with USM and Miles who is awesome.   

This topic is dead just like Peter Parker

Superior Spider-man might be ending to make way for a new Spider-man Comic this April

Heh, Jackstraw and Carbo (sort of) were spot on the money.

Stephen-Colbert-I-Told-You-So.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Word of advice: You might want to skip Superior Spider-Man #9; its THAT ONE BAD crop in an already rotten field of comics.

What happened?

So with Peter Parker coming back, will they be more or less rebooting? I mean, would I have to read the Superior Spiderman comics to understand these, or will knowing the basic story of Superior Spiderman be fine? I want to get into Marvel comics, and I like Spiderman so I wouldn't mind reading these.

So for those like me who currently aren't contributing a cent towards mainstream SPider-Man, here's an update from Scans Daily about the current situation(s).

Last issue, SPiderpus was taken over by the Venom symbiote, which now serves as the next scapegoat to "justify" the idiot plot. Except this time, said idiot plot isn't holding in-universe finally!

cyberghostface posting in community.pngscans_daily
The Green Goblin and his cronies have kidnapped Carlie Cooper and exposed her to the Goblin formula.

1389646831476q3j5q.jpg

Realizing that the symbiote is controlling him, Otto attempts to shun it.

1389648537206k8jz6.jpg

13896487443633mjrx.jpg

However, the Avengers are still suspicious...

13896493010240dk26.jpg

Whether this ends stupidly, or ironically outstanding, it's time to put an end to this poorly executed story!

• Thumbs Up 1

Superior Spider-an was supposed to be Spider-man that did not have the direction of an Uncle Ben. Slott made it notable that he was supposed to represent the kids who clearly think they are better than everyone and that they are always right. Problem with this concept from the beginning is that there is already a superhero who was that(Alpha) and it failed horribly unlike Superior Spider-man which sold solely because of the controversy of it. The problem is that they made everyone involved in this comic look like a fucking idiot. J. Jonah being cool with Superior before Spock blackmailed him just recycled the recursive loop of regressiveness that the character has been in since his debut for the past 50 years. J. Jonah hated Spider-man because he thought he was a murdering menace and when Spidey kills someone on live television, he applauds him? The fuck? Not only that, Punisher must be pissed because he has pulled that shit for decades and he is treated like anyone who engages in such vigilante behavior would be treated as(a fucking criminal). Spock gets a slap on the wrist simply because "Spidey is having a hard time dealing with the supposed death of Silver Sable?" Is this comic fucking serious?

Not to mention just how stupid everyone has been. Mary Jane recognized a Peter Parker imposter in Kraven after he took Peter's body once. She recognized it when the Chameleon tried the same damn thing and he was professional about it. Spock is not even trying to be Peter Parker. It is crazy because all of the sudden, the entire Marvel 616 universe acts like this type of thing has never happened. And don't get me started on the schizophrenic behavior of Spock. He is all over the place with this shit. He is at his best when he is written by Christos Gage as Gage makes no attempt to make him at all sympathetic. Slott keeps bringing up a childhood of Doctor Octopus's that never matched with his character. "Otto was picked on as a child so he hates bullies." So when he attacked that high school that Peter used to teach at after Peter revealed his identity during the Civil War and a kid pleaded with Otto to stop because he should have realized that the Spider-man that he fought for all these years was a child, he did not seem to give a fuck about the fact that he could be seen as bullying Peter Parker or the children at the high school. When Otto led the Sinister Six to rob an invention created by Hank Pym and was confronted by Avengers Academy(a group of tormented super teens), he did not seem to care that about the possibility of killing them for the sake of being inferior in intellect to Hank Pym. Spock has no excuse to be an evil prick. He is just is one.

And then there is his love interest Anna Maria who is a little person. People treat his relationship with her as the one positive aspect in his character. I'm thinking, "Holy shit, rape!" Octopus has yet to sleep with her, but the overall tone of the romance is just creepy. Not to mention the reason why Spock is even interested in her is not because he genuinely cares. You see as Slott pointed out. Otto loves women who are beneath him physically from his standpoint as if they cannot begin to challenge him or they should be thankful that he has their attention. It is a sick fucking game. He did this with the much older Aunt May. He did this when he was dating Stunner who used to be an overweight woman. He loves these women because he feels like he can save them or be appreciated simply for being with them or being in their presence. He is white knighting them. And I'm not saying that women only need to be beautiful for this to not happen. I'm saying that they should not be pitied for being who they are and for a love interest to work, they need to be loved for whom they are.

And finally, the Superior aspect of this entire run bothered the fuck out of me because it was as if Slott was blaming Peter Parker for not doing things that he should have done but couldn't because writers like him had no fucking clue what to do with him. Spock finds a way to depower an AI full of robots and this is somehow above Peter's intellect? Excuse me, motherfucker, but didn't Peter make a power suit to stop Spock? Didn't Peter make a whole host of gadgets to help him become a better spider-man? Peter Parker was always capable of being a genius...fuck he was one. The only reason why is was not comparable to Reed Richards, Hank Pym, and Tony Stark was because the writers never saw fit to develop him. This little bastard made webshooters  along with the web fluid in his basement when he was 15. And the best Otto has ever done was to make mechanical arms(really fucking impressive). It only infuriates me when Spock gets annoyed with Peter when he realizes that Peter doesn't have his doctorate...why the fuck doesn't Peter not have a doctorate? Oh wait, it due to the writers making the decision that Peter had to be the normal guy and retconning or stalling any development that the character could make. You are literally using your own fucking writing fuck ups as a reason to why Spock is better. Not to mention it seems like the world agrees that it is okay for Spock to brainwash super-villains to fight for his side. It is okay for Sock to have surveillance cameras in the form of robot spiders running around the fucking place. It is okay for Spock to buy an entire fucking mechanical robot that looks like some shit straight out of some mecha anime and level an entire city block. It is okay for Spock to have a veritable army of minions that harass people all day. And you wondering if this raised anybody's suspicions? Yeah...the robot did. 

Slott has officially killed any interest I had in Peter Parker as a character. He will never development. He will never grow up. He will just be Bart Simpson, the fucking superhero. He will forever be tortured because there is nothing that will stay static to the character, He will just remain in this still-life of being happy, being sad, being happy again, etc and why should we bother? Why should relate to this asshole? At least Miles Morales learns. At least I have fun watching him grow up and be a better person. It reminds me of the old days of Spider-man where little shit like talking to your parents meant something. Family meant something in this series. Now it is a clusterfuck of comic book bullshit. God, I hate this series.

• Thumbs Up 5