Awoo.

The Amazing Spider Man (Comic Series)

Soniman

I really want to start reading the Spiderman comics, but I'm not sure where to start, what reboots there are, what to avoid etc. Could someone possibly give me some advice?

Just start reading Ultimate from #1, honestly. There's no reward to be had in reading the mainline stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just start reading Ultimate from #1, honestly. There's no reward to be had in reading the mainline stuff.

Is the current state really that bad that it honestly invalidates like 60+ years of all the good stories it's had??

Is the current state really that bad that it honestly invalidates like 60+ years of all the good stories it's had??

Spider-Man's had a lot of sucky periods, this is just the latest. It would take a seasoned fan to weed out all the bad stories in his run, and we're not talking to one at present. Ultimate cuts the crap and gets to what makes Spider-Man awesome, and the story actually ends for Pete. Much more reader-friendly.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

It is nice that Slott played Shattered Dimensions and decided to ripoff of Bendis's Spider-Men.

It is nice that Slott played Shattered Dimensions and decided to ripoff of Bendis's Spider-Men.

actualy, the article implies he was one of the writers on shattered dimensions, and thought why cant we do this, but bigger

Also I'm calling it now, an alternate universe where JJ IS Spiderman, just think about it

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp that's the end of Superior Spider-man I guess.

YMXc1XN.png
0kWZB1k.jpg

Context: A fragment was left behind (even after Otto vacuum-cleaned Peter's mind before). This fragment was starting to lose itself on Otto's memories. When he arrived at the moment where Otto died, Peter grabbed his memories back (because it's a moment they both remember), and appeared again as that "ghost". However, this time Otto could see and hear him.

Anyway, when Otto saw how big of a failure he was in rescuing people and well, managing things, he locked himself up in Peter's lab and swapped minds again, this time of his own volition.

So now we have Peter Parker, but with Otto inside his mind.

The fun times never end.

Just watch Marvel make this whole thing pointless. You know they're going to do it because they have some sick fetish of constantly resetting Spider-Man and his character growth.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just watch Marvel make this whole thing pointless. You know they're going to do it because they have some sick fetish of constantly resetting Spider-Man and his character growth.

Meanwhile in the Ultimate Universe...

tumblr_n21q6bKZC71sompo1o2_500.jpg

DEVELOPMENT and Character Growth!

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh how I love Ultimate Spider-Man! Bit of shame about the rest of the Ultimate Universe post Ultimatum though.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's bullshit that Ock gets to basically just check out at the climax of the story, all noble-like, without Peter getting some retribution, or even calling him out. I mean, Ock murdered Peter, stole his life, fucked with his relationships, violated him on every conceivable level, and then he just gets to bow out without so much as a "fuck you, dude".

This is the kind of story where avoiding the emotional fallout and consequences neuters the whole thing.

And worse, how much do you want to bet, it's being set up that Spider-Man and Pete to some extent, are going to get hit with the blame conjured up by Ock's hijinks, just to revert him back to his "life is crap" phase yet AGAIN?

On top of all that, it seems like a pretty safe bet that after this no matter what Spidey tells the Avengers they still won't trust him anymore. And at no point will he take them to task for failing to notice that he'd been replaced by a mass murdering lunatic.

But hey, at least he got a free Ph. D and his own company out of the deal! Maybe he'll actually put those to good use. Or he'll feel guilty and give them up, and we'll be back to square one. Again.

I think he meant Peter Parker

I know what he meant. I was giving an example of an Universe where Character growth and development stick for Spider-man regardless if it is Pete or Miles. Plus, Spider-woman is the clone of Peter Parker so the point still stands.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it is ending. After a year, it is finally over. Just to recap, this is what the story has been like

tumblr_inline_n4fl088NMH1s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl0gLbTC1s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl0l6UM81s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl0qkjYv1s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl107PWF1s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl17MZwp1s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl1cdODw1s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl1hy24O1s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl1lK54i1s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl1ruoJ71s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl1wOl3s1s16be1.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4fl2dxRYw1s16be1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

So among other things we're getting another Spider character when Marvel's Original Sin hit's.

Some stuff ripped from the site:

"Speaking of Loki, Lowe revealed that Angela is Thor and Loki's sister, which will be told in its own mini-series. Original Sin: Thor and Loki: The Tenth Realm #1-5 will be a spin-off mini-series focusing on the reveal, with Jason Aaron, Al Ewing, Simone Bianchi, and Lee Garbet working on that. The series will reveal the "Tenth Realm" that she comes from (adding to the traditional nine realms of the Thor world), and the fact that Odin is Angela's biological father."

"Fantastic Four #6-7 will also be Original Sin tie-ins. The "basic premise of the sin," says Robinson, is that Johnny Storm messed up an opportunity to turn The Thing back into Ben Grimm, and Johnny and Reed kept the secret from him. "What I like about this story, is that it will tie-in directly to Ben Grimm becoming a murderer, which plays into the next story."

"Original Sins #3 features a story by Charles Soule about Black Bolt and a relatively new character called Lineage, who will then be featured heavily in Inhuman, Lowe teased. Aside from the tie-in series, there will be tie-ins in current ongoing series as well. Spider-Man's secret is that there's a second character who was bit by the spider that gave Peter Parker his powers, and her name is Silk"

"The S.H.I.E.L.D. series by Hickman and Weaver is coming back, Lowe said, and will have some big secrets of its own - they're just waiting for a few issues to be done before putting it back on the schedule, and it will tie-in to his overall Avengers plan"

"Marts teased that "Last will and testament" might cause further divisions than the "team Wolverine" vs "Team Cyclops" that happened in Schism, with some members of teams coming to blows over the revelations."

"Original Sin will see some shakeups in team dynamics, from Captain America re-learning about the Illuminati to Angela's new involvement with Thor."

"Jamie Madrox and Layla Miller will be back in the comics soon. "It's only a matter of time," Lowe promised. White teased, though, "the less we hear about them, the happier they are! Let them be happily married for awhile!"

"Howard the Duck will be appearing in Original Sins, believe it or not!"

http://www.newsarama.com/20954-c2e2-2014-marvel-s-original-sin-panel-live.html

I hate everything listed above sans Howard, especially that bit about crowbarring Angela in as Thor and Loki's sister.

So yeah, Superior's FINALLY over.

Hmm maybe I should get the first trade right now

I'm so glad the mess that was Superior Spider-Man is over. However, I'm still worried about the Amazing Spider-Man comics, because Dan Slott is still writing.

I'm so glad the mess that was Superior Spider-Man is over. However, I'm still worried about the Amazing Spider-Man comics, because Dan Slott is still writing.

And wouldn't it figure they couldn't help but give the middle finger to Peter X Mary Jane fans yet again. Welp, aside from Peter now being banckrupt and in charge of a company filled with people he doesn't know, and roped into a romance he didn't start, and the thankful fact that he's still a member of the Avengers, we're pretty much back to square one. Joy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please, do allow me to go a little bit off topic but...

"Fantastic Four #6-7 will also be Original Sin tie-ins. The "basic premise of the sin," says Robinson, is that Johnny Storm messed up an opportunity to turn The Thing back into Ben Grimm, and Johnny and Reed kept the secret from him. "What I like about this story, is that it will tie-in directly to Ben Grimm becoming a murderer, which plays into the next story."

And...I could be done with The Fantastic Four comic book if this turns out how it sounds like.

• Thumbs Up 2

The last little story involves Peter apologizing to those closest to him. Mary Jane tells him she can’t deal with his constantly changing lifestyle any longer, she believes that it was Otto who did those terrible things to her, but she doesn’t think it makes a difference.

Oh come, the fuck, on.

"Speaking of Loki, Lowe revealed that Angela is Thor and Loki's sister, which will be told in its own mini-series. Original Sin: Thor and Loki: The Tenth Realm #1-5 will be a spin-off mini-series focusing on the reveal, with Jason Aaron, Al Ewing, Simone Bianchi, and Lee Garbet working on that. The series will reveal the "Tenth Realm" that she comes from (adding to the traditional nine realms of the Thor world), and the fact that Odin is Angela's biological father."

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, one of the things i predicted and feared the moment Disney bought Marvel: the complete removal of christianity elements from related characters. They already did that with Mephisto, the Hellstrom twins and others, and now they're doing it with Angela.

This is just stupid if not worse, and aside from Deadpool and Howard, Original Sins promises to be a grand failure even before it will start.

I'm honestly wondering how many comics are even worth reading anymore.