Awoo.

The Amazing Spider Man (Comic Series)

Soniman

I hope the Main Spider Man comic will become good again one day.

The Big Time and Spider-Island arcs were really great from what i've heard, so yeah looks like that's been happening.

I can't take Spider-man seriously knowing that he made a deal with the Devil.

"Oh, Peter Parker saved the city, but he made a deal with the devil."

It just taints everything I love about him.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Kingpin is really freaking huge in Ultimate...

... and a lot more violent considering the fact that he crushes one of his employees' head.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being too hard on the Ultimate Spider-Man comic series. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the Ultimate universe it does have one thing that I like.

Ultimate Gwen Stacy.

1801563-ultimate_gwen_stacy_super.jpg

I never was a fan of the original Gwen Stacy. She cried about her father and Peter way too much. Ultimate Gwen Stacy on the other hand is a strong female character who is brave and not afraid to speak her mind about things.

• 1 month later...

So if you did not know, it was the 50th Anniversary of Spider-man and yeah. Marvel decided to celebrate by giving Spidey a new sidekick in one continuity and by actually having a really good story arc about a different Spider-man in another. Before I start, lets play a game. Count how many times I groan or you groan about how bad this comic is getting(Not Ultimate Spider-man. That shit is awesome). So here is the new sidekick..

AmazingSpiderMan_693_Cover1.jpg

Yeah. His name is Alpha. His name is Andy Maguire(groan) and he is so totally unlike Peter Parker. He is a C student. His parents are neglectful and always busy(and lawyers who are always ready to sue people(groan)). He is unpopular because he is 'afraid to take a risk.' He has a crush on a nerdy Asian girl named Chrissy Chen who just happens to be into superheroes(groan). To Andy, not failing is good enough. So he goes to this field trip(groan) where it just happens to be a lab(groan) where Peter Parker is testing Parker Particles(groan).No really this just shows how insecure this "grown up" Peter Parker has become. He invited a bunch of high school kids from his former high school just to show off how far he has come to the "Flash Thompsons" and the"Liz Allens" in the world. Yeah, it says that in the monologue. For fuck's sake...As predicted the experiment goes wrong, and shit happens. Alpha is born(he saved his crush from the blast). He has super strength, super speed, and laser fingers, but can only use them one at a time. So they decide to make him one of the Avengers to avoid having a lawsuit from his parents.

So this character is a jackass. No really.He is supposed to be what Peter Parker would have been if Uncle Ben did not die. It is not even subtle. They discuss this shit. Except this is just so groan worthy that it is pretty cliche. He is a bad character not because he is an asshole. He is a bad character because the writing for the character is bad. I mean he is pretty the manual for asshole characters with no dept.

Is he loyal to his new girlfriend?

9vgkz9.jpg

Nope. Maybe he apologizes to her...

23kxdt.jpg

Nope. Okay, what about the kid's heroics. He can be a good hero, right?

16bzzah.jpg

2zggu9i.jpg

He is not just a selfish asshole, but a murdering psychopath. And the Jackal? More clone shit? FUCK! Maybe he learned his lesson after being captured...

21cyog6.jpg

Yeah, he is being serious about being a hero now.

9px8qd.jpg

Oh fuck.

This character might have been pulled off better if 1.) if we spent more than 2 issues with him and 2.) if it was not an obvious reference to Peter Parker without Uncle Ben's death. He is completely irredeemable and pretty much an ass. This is especially ridiculous because we already have a very well written version of "Spider-man" without the death of a person close to him in Miles Morales, who by the way is fucking awesome. Now people are demanding that Miles be Parker's sidekick(I will freaking riot if this happens). The problem with this is that Peter Parker still is an irresponsible prick. He is the most irresponsible superhero ever due to One More Day. He is still child. And you are trying to give him a side kick who acts just like he is ever since post-OMB? Fuck you, Loeb. What happened to the Amazing Spider-man? Now it is the Mediocre Spider-man. I decided to give this comic a chance and still see shit that is bad. Urgh!

• Thumbs Up 5

Why has the Jackal been brought back? No, really. I haven't been keeping up for a long ass time, but wasn't it just a few years ago they did a storyline involving Kaine? And didn't they do something with Ben Reilly recently?

Marvel, we need to talk. You seem to think people want more Clone Saga. You seem to think we want it constantly referenced and brought back, but here's the thing: we don't. Nobody does. Nobody liked the Clone Sage in 1995, and nobody likes it in 2012. Even the writers of the time were desperate to bring it to an end, they even wrote a book about it. All we want is to just simply forget about it. No references, no new story arcs, no clones being brought back...nothing. Just simply let it be, please.

For that matter, we would much appreciate if you would do the same to One More Day, though that will probably never happen until Joe Quesada leaves the company. Which could be many, many years. Fuck.

• Thumbs Up 1

Over the years, I've have not had many of the comics. But because of the movies, cartoons, and video games, I've been a big comic and spidey fan.

I have collectede some comics, once I had these giant compiliation books from barnes & nobel that had about the first 60 issues of the amazing spider-man. They were sadly lost over time; they might have been given away by family members. :(

I also have this old CD set that has about 300 issues of amazing spider-man, but it is not the same as having a physical book.

I need to go back to barnes & nobel and see if I can get those incredible compiliation books again. Once I also had a giant spider-man book that gave a history of the character all the way from the creation of the character to the present, but this was back in 2002. A lot has changed since then, especially that said 'One more day' story ark.

My most prized comic collections are the 'Infinity war' series and the civil war. I need to add to my collection.

• 4 weeks later...

Brother's and sister's, Marvel Now presents.... The Superior Spider-man!

supriorspider-man_02.jpg

However, this "enormous" change is an all-new development for the decades-old character and will result in a far darker Spider-Man than fans have ever seen, promises Dan Slott, the Amazing Spider-Man writer who's heading up Superior Spider-Man. "The one thing that does not go with this Spider-Man is the term 'Friendly neighborhood.' No. That's gone.

Ryan Stegman (Scarlet Spider, Fantastic Four) is the artist of the first three issues, and Amazing illustrators Humberto Ramos and Giuseppe Camuncoli will rotate in on subsequent story arcs.

Stegman says there will be some alterations to the old Spidey costume — tying into some new abilities — that make him look a little more intimidating. "His belt looks a little different, and there's points at the end of his glove that add a little aggressiveness to his costume."

That ties into his personality, Slott confirms. "He's not going to be doing things the old Spider-Man way. There will be a new way of doing things.

"The first story arc is called 'Hero or menace?' I think that pretty much tells you where we're going."

Slott sent new Avenging Spider-Man writer Christopher Yost the issue early since he'll have the "superior" Spidey in his book wanted to get him up to speed, and Yost tweeted that, "despite being dead inside," issue 700 was "one of (the) best issues I've ever read."

"I don't know if everyone's going to react like Chris Yost," Slott says. "All I know is I'm going into my reinforced bunker when 700 comes out."

Whether or not Marvel fans storm the company's New York City offices with pitchforks and web shooters once Superior Spider-Man comes out — after recently turning in the plot for the second issue, Slott predicts they're going "to be crumpling it in their hands while they're reading it" — the folks inside the building are all for Spidey's new direction.

Stegman says there will be an all-new Sinister Six — with at least one new member — and many of the familiar supporting characters that have made Amazing Spider-Man great since the early 1960s will be there, too, although they may look a little different on his watch.

"I try to keep the history in mind," says the artist, who's always had a soft spot for John Romita Sr.'s '60s-era 'Mary Jane Watson. "A lot of guys make Aunt May almost look like a witch, which is something I want to stay away from. Just because you're old, you don't have to look like a monster."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2012/10/10/superior-spider-man-comic-book-series/1624319/

And finally a better look at the costume.

1-6c7c515f6e.jpg

No you're not seeing things, that's Spidey with claws.

Slott predicts they're going "to be crumpling it in their hands while they're reading it" — the folks inside the building are all for Spidey's new direction.

Then why make it? And why do we- the paying customers and source of revenue- care that the people *at* Marvel are okay with it? I'm not getting this philosophy. If you want to put a product on the market, it doesn't matter what your best friends think of it. If you KNOW most of your consumers are going to detest it, then you don't put it on the market. This really makes no sense.

Unless this is supposed to be some sort of parody about the DARK AND EDGY AND COOL comics of the 90's, I guess. But it doesn't sound like it.

Edited by Original Character Blonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

Then why make it? And why do we- the paying customers and source of revenue- care that the people *at* Marvel are okay with it? I'm not getting this philosophy. If you want to put a product on the market, it doesn't matter what your best friends think of it. If you KNOW most of your consumers are going to detest it, then you don't put it on the market. This really makes no sense.

Unless this is supposed to be some sort of parody about the DARK AND EDGY AND COOL comics of the 90's, I guess. But it doesn't sound like it.

Marketing edginess, duh, you want to stir up some controversy for sales, for all we know this could be a utterly worthless change, they still want to get the buzz going, no publicity as bad publicity

Marketing edginess, duh, you want to stir up some controversy for sales, for all we know this could be a utterly worthless change, they still want to get the buzz going, no publicity as bad publicity

But they're pretty much already admitting that everyone is going to detest this. Publicity is one thing, but sales? I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not very keen on buying a book that Marvel already thinks I'll hate.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Between taking the fun away from Spider-man and whoring the hell out of the Avengers, I'm gonna be saving alot of money.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's gotten to the point where the only thing Marvel I care about is the cinematic universe. I pray they never screw the films up as bad as the books.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thing is, there's still a shitload of good books that don't get enough popularity because they don't have a movie equivalent. Fuck the Avengers,

Young Avengers

FF

Fantastic Four

Cable and the X-Force

Mayhaps Deadpool

etc.

All these are worth paying attention to.

• 1 month later...

The final issue of the Amazing Spider-man comic series (#700)'s ending was leaked online yesterday.

Oh my god, I just....I....I don't know how to react to this. I'll give you the cliffnotes version of the story after the image in the spoiler.

PTbAh.jpg

So basically Doc Ock switched brains with Peter Parker, Doc Ock became Spider-man, while Peter was stuck in Doc Ock's very old and dying body

So at first Fake Peter (who is really Doc Ock in peter's body) becomes a villian, ruining the Spider-man reputation, blah blah blah. But first he puts Fake Ock (Peter who is in Doc Ock's body) in jail. Eventually Fake  Ock breaks out of jail, and with the help of some villians, gets Fake Peter.

Fake Ock tries to re-do the brain switching  machine, but is unable to as Fake Peter anticipated this, and  is wearing special armor.  Fake Ock realises he will never become Peter Parker again, so he does this wierd ass thing where he transfers all his memories to Fake Peter,(for example, everything that happened to Peter, Doc Ock now sees as himself. )  

Fake Ock (real Peter Parker) DIES! and Fake Peter, (who is still DOC OCK) becomes good, and vows to become a better Spider-man then Peter ever was, and the issue ends with Doc Ock now calling himself

...THE SUPERIOR-SPIDER-MAN

Fuck
you
Marvel

• Thumbs Up 9

HAHAHAHA

HEY GUYS

LET'S TAKE A WELL LOVED AND WELL ESTABLISHED HERO

AND FUCK HIM OVER IN THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE

AND END A 50 YEAR OLD COMIC LIKE THAT

• Thumbs Up 7

The final issue of the Amazing Spider-man comic series (#700)'s ending was leaked online yesterday.

Oh my god, I just....I....I don't know how to react to this. I'll give you the cliffnotes version of the story after the image in the spoiler.

So basically Doc Ock switched brains with Peter Parker, Doc Ock became Spider-man, while Peter was stuck in Doc Ock's very old and dying body

So at first Fake Peter (who is really Doc Ock in peter's body) becomes a villian, ruining the Spider-man reputation, blah blah blah. But first he puts Fake Ock (Peter who is in Doc Ock's body) in jail. Eventually Fake  Ock breaks out of jail, and with the help of some villians, gets Fake Peter.

Fake Ock tries to re-do the brain switching  machine, but is unable to as Fake Peter anticipated this, and  is wearing special armor.  Fake Ock realises he will never become Peter Parker again, so he does this wierd ass thing where he transfers all his memories to Fake Peter,(for example, everything that happened to Peter, Doc Ock now sees as himself. )  

Fake Ock (real Peter Parker) DIES! and Fake Peter, (who is still DOC OCK) becomes good, and vows to become a better Spider-man then Peter ever was, and the issue ends with Doc Ock now calling himself

...THE SUPERIOR-SPIDER-MAN

Fuck

you

Marvel

Marvel officially lost their minds now.

What do they have against Peter? I mean, the last thing that could happen is that they kill him off in the ASM2 movie and have say Gwen as the new Spider-Man (crazy but knowing MARVEL I DO NOT DOUBT THIS)

Edited by Blue Wispmas

I HATE everything about humanity in this single point in time. If the world just......imploded at this moment, right now, I would welcome it. I can't fucking believe this shit, absolutely disgusting.

• Thumbs Up 5

And then it'll be undone a year later like every controversial Spider-Man plot.

Which I'd believe and wouldn't be as mad

If this wasn't the final issue

• Thumbs Up 3

Marvel...

I congratulate you... you have somehow found a way to make a story which is 50 billion trillion quazilion tramgillion million and three times worse than One More Day, this is indeed something of a clap or sorts.

• Thumbs Up 2

I sure can't wait until they get so desperate for us to accept this that they get a movie to adapt this shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I sure can't wait until they get so desperate for us to accept this that they get a movie to adapt this shit.

Oh god, I just had a scary thought........

WHAT IF THIS VERSION OF SPIDER-MAN GETS INTO THE MARVEL MOVIES?!?!?!

FUCK