Awoo.

The Amazing Spider Man (Comic Series)

Soniman

give it a week and Peter will be back and everything will be Normal

I hope

this Ending suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

• Thumbs Up 7

Isn't it obvious what happened? Doctor Doom must have invaded the Marvel offices (because he's done that one before) and swapped brains with all the staff who worked there.

• Thumbs Up 5

Marvel officially lost their minds now.

So has Spider-Man

All the cool kids are doing it

- But it's nothing to lose your head over.

- Doc Oc was always ahead of the game.

- I don't mind.

- Never mind.

- During the Wedding he gave Mary Jane his body and soul so Doc Oc was ok to take the brain I guess.

- In Batman Forever... this was the Riddlers Master plan, does this mean we'll have a scene with Spiderman yelling DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE A ROTTEN EGG!?

I got more puns if ya want em!

• Thumbs Up 6

tYefa.jpg

This isn't a credits page
This is a list of names to kill

I wonder what Turbojet thinks of all this. He's going to Marvel at all this Amazing news.
  • Thumbs Up 2

*pops in topic to see what everyone is talking about* 

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ? 

The Death of Spiderman, but not that one.

Venom: Die Spiderman! I'm going to eat your brain!

Spiderman: Well be quick then, because Doc Oc is gonna have a go soon!

Issue 700 sounds fucking lame. Marvel continues to jump the shark. Comic book companies need to stop writing stories that purposely piss off the fans.

Marvel talks about the future and stuff

People have an expectation that everything will revert back to normal eventually, but the way Dan Slott has talked about this story feels pretty open-ended. Did you view #700 as a real finale for Peter and try to figure out the best way to wrap that run going all the way back?

Wacker: Yes. This has been in the works for a few years now, and the plan always was to make this the last issue and make it a definitive end for the character. It's been 50 years,a helluva good run. The 700th issue happening around the same time was just sort of serendipitous.

This type of thing has been done in comics before during the Silver Age when Julie Schwartz, Gardner Fox, John Broome and the guys at DC brought out new versions of classic characters like the Flash and Green Lantern. That's the kind of worldbuilding scenario we're playing with.

And "Superior Spider-Man" is a change but not too much of a change in creative team. Since so many of your books are kind of staying in place through the relaunch, do you feel like you dodged a bullet, or did you lose a bet?

Wacker: [Laughs] I certainly would have liked the sales bump, but I had enough books that were pretty recent launches between "Hawkeye" and "Captain Marvel" and a book that was creatively successful in "Daredevil" that it just didn't fall into the plans.

I guess I generally like to be left alone, so maybe I'm in the "dodged a bullet" column a little bit. But it's a bullet made out of candy corn and Nutella that I wouldn't have minded being hit by either.

And let me say, too, the coolest thing that everyone from Axel Alonso to Tom Brevoort to Joe Quesada to Dan Buckley did is let us stay the course simply because they knew this is a story Dan's been building for years.

They could have easily made the argument that it was time for a creative change-up on "Spider-Man." But they liked where things were going and liked what Dan was doing on the book, and so they not only allowed him to stay on. it was their idea…which I think is pretty cool. They could have easily come up with some sort of arbitrary, hard line rule (which I think happens occasionally at comics companies). But they didn't. They allowed Dan to tell his story and I think they'll be rewarded for it.

So you people still believe they'll undo this? Just like how they undid One More Day right......

There's some other tidbits in there too.

So what would the DC equivalent to this be? Something like Batman having to go back in time and be the one to kill his parents? Or has something as bad and laughable as this happen already?

New 52...

Just.....New 52....

Which consists of dozens of new titles, a good number of which aren't actually that bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

Which consists of dozens of new titles, a good number of which aren't actually that bad.

But Batman's the main man and he's gotten....kinda weird.

Its a similar situation to Spiderman, just not anywhere near as extreme.

And then it'll be undone a year later like every controversial Spider-Man plot.

Except they have yet to undo One More Day, the Clone Sage, Ultimate Peter Parker's death and on top of this,"as someone already noted, this is the last issue.

• Thumbs Up 5

Makes me glad that Sony has the film rights to Spider-Man and not Marvel.

I think Spider-Man would be fine in Marvel's cinematic universe, if the other films in the series are anything to go by. They're created by people who actually care about the characters and their world.

Edited by Toby Barrett
  • Thumbs Up 7

Hark, do I hear the sound of fans uncovering the crapy spoilers of Spiderman 700? Hard to believe this is the same Dan Slott I once praised for improving Peter's life, having him use his genius level IQ and drawing from experiences with his past foes to take them out faster and more effectively. Sadly sometime ago he hit that point where he stayed on for too long and has lost the magic he once had, like Bendis and the Avengers. For proof, straight from issue #699 of Spider-man:

KGTfq.png

He can't call on help because "its too unbelievable"? Really!? He lives in a universe where a giant purple man older than our time goes around devouring whole planets FFS.

What's worse is this Superior Spiderman so goes against the established mood of what Dan Slott had built with his run, what was once fun is now... well darker...again.

The new 52 is bad in that it retconned everything in the DC Universe except it didn't not really? Which not only confuses people it also gives the finger to all the old school die hard fans that loved the old stuff, couple that with the fact that the people who ushered this idea in didn't bother to think it all the way through, and I say New 52 is a fucking mess.

Except they have yet to undo One More Day, the Clone Sage, Ultimate Peter Parker's death and on top of this,"as someone already noted, this is the last issue.
Well in this case...

AgeOfUltron_1_Cover.jpg.jpg

Juat saying.

Makes me glad that Sony has the film rights to Spider-Man and not Marvel.

That makes one of us, it still kills me that they actually took a bit from X-men Origins Wolverine of all places and put it into the movie.

Edited by BeelzeBummer

Coming from someone who never read any of DC's stuff beforehand, I guess I'm part of the problem since I'm quite enjoying it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't Marvel already try this back in the 90's with Ben Reily? And didn't the fans hate it then?

Dr. Octopus as a superhero is just plain stupid not to mention that it's very out of character. Also putting Doc Ock in Peter's body destroys the character. He's no longer Doc Ock he's now a new character that's just a weird hybrid of Peter's body and mixed with Doc Ock.

The fact that Wacker said that Peter Parker fans will just fade away is disrespectful and not true. Other past writers have said that Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

Also this makes One More Day pointless.

Edited by Vampfox

This is retarded af but it's comics, shit will be retconned around the time Spidey 2 comes out in theaters, that's pretty much a guarantee , i'll just continue to stick with USM and Miles who is awesome.   

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just read about Parker switching bodies with Ock, and now Parker being dead, with Octavius taking the mantle of hero. This...bah. This is not how I wanted Parker to go out.

I'll think I'll read up on the Avengers vs. X-men. To those who read that, was it good?

Welp. Guess it's time to just read Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man. I hadn't read Amazing Spider-Man in a while, and then I come back to this. It's like I walked in the door and someone kicked me in the teeth.

Well, I just read about Parker switching bodies with Ock, and now Parker being dead, with Octavius taking the mantle of hero. This...bah. This is not how I wanted Parker to go out.

I'll think I'll read up on the Avengers vs. X-men. To those who read that, was it good?

AvX is literally "Well that escalated quickly: the comic", plot is ridiculous and over the top, and so entertaining to read because superheroes punching other heroes in the face. 

Edited by Jackstraw