Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

What I imagine the developers discussing the possible cover art said...

"So, what kind of cover art should this game have?"

"Show the main character on the cover, because something more subtle, even a bit artistic, would totally not be appropriate... and have him holding a handgun in the open for no good reason."

"Yeah, and maybe he could be holding a cell phone in his other hand, with little dotted lines going off pointing at things it can manipulate, because it's not obvious at all what the hell this game is about."

"Oh and the hero needs to be staring off into the middle distance, because that's such a cool hero pose."

"Don't forget to make sure the buyer knows the game is set in a city, maybe by having the background be the city, because it's important that nobody mistakes this for Barbie Horse Adventure."

It's very unremarkable, even ugly, and I think that the developers (or whomever decided that was the image to go with) are actually doing the game a disservice by using it.

Edited by Patticus
  • Thumbs Up 3

No yeah, I agree, its a bit too......bleh. If you saw it in the store it wouldn't really stand out amongst other games.

I wish game companies did cover-art in the Vain of Resistance 3. That was bright and striking and easily noticeable among other games.

I sat here waiting for the art to finish loading before I realised that the text was supposed to look like that. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Blue & Orange
Blue & Orange Everywhere.

I'm still deciding on which version to get. Thinking between PS3 version, or maybe hold off till I get a next gen console and buy it for PS4/Wii-U

They really should have brought in more yellow. Chicago at night is BEAUTIFUL, and has this brilliant gold color to the city thanks to the lamps they use. You can see this ambience in The Dark Knight:

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-filming-Philadelph

chicago.jpg

Though I think it's really awesome how detailed their getting which Chicago. Check out how they've matched the street lamps:

xxsWhkz.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eh, the cover art isn't too bad. I think it just needs a bit more colour. =I

I'll be getting this on the Wii U or PS3 (Wii U version has great potential with the gamepad). Xbox360 version will probably be on about 5 discs.

Edited by Gabz Girl

Oh wow, get this: The PS3 and 360 version of Watch Dogs hasn't even been developed yet!

http://www.insidegamer.nl/artikel/103431/ubisoft-baas-yves-guillemot-over-de-ps4-interview

"The team is developing it on high end pc's and next gen, after that other teams are looking how they can make it fit for the older generation. So the first approach is to see how they can take full advantage of the next gen consoles."

The most interesting thing about this is that the Wii U version is already in development, meaning it's probably going to be based off of the PC version, much like Most Wanted.

Didn't think Ubi would prioritize like that.

Yeah, who'd thought that Ubi would give a shit about Wii-U owners over the others.

why yes im still bitter about Legends, is it that obvious?

• Thumbs Up 2

The PS3 and 360 version of Watch Dogs hasn't even been developed yet!

I don't know how you get this off a quote that reads "lead platforms are PC/720/PS4"

Isn't the WiiU port handled by a different Ubi studio, anyways?

I don't know how you get this off a quote that reads "lead platforms are PC/720/PS4"

The exact quote was that other teams will downgrade it after development. It also states that "the first approach is to see how they can take full advantage of the next gen consoles". Sounds to me like the 360/PS3 versions haven't entered development yet because they're wanting to see how it pans out before deciding on how to downgrade it.

Isn't the WiiU port handled by a different Ubi studio, anyways?

Ubisoft Bucharest who did the AC3 PC port (the only good version) and worked some on ZombiU. Unlike the other versions, they already confirmed that this one is up and running.

EDIT: A more exact translation on GAF

"At this moment the team is working hard on the version for the next gen consoles and PC. After that, other teams will see how they can bring (port) it to current gen consoles. Maybe we'll be able to show the two different versions at E3."

The exact quote was that other teams will downgrade it after development. It also states that "the first approach is to see how they can take full advantage of the next gen consoles". Sounds to me like the 360/PS3 versions haven't entered development yet because they're wanting to see how it pans out before deciding on how to downgrade it.

You really think they haven't done any work on the versions that will actually give Ubi back the dev monies? C'mon son.

EDIT: A more exact translation on GAF

If main team = working on next gen systems + PC

while other teams = working on current gen downports,

since WiiU = other team

then WiiU = not next gen

Damn, Ubi continues shitting on Nintendo. Shameful.

You really think they haven't done any work on the versions that will actually give Ubi back the dev monies? C'mon son.

Well hey, they pretty much did the same thing with Ghost Recon. Wouldn't be an alien concept to them.

If main team = working on next gen systems + PC

while other teams = working on current gen downports,

since WiiU = other team

then WiiU = not next gen

Damn, Ubi continues shitting on Nintendo. Shameful.

Sure, if the implication was that current gen consoles actually had the game yet

Do note that I don't have that trollface emote that you like using on hand, it could have been of good use right now ):

Well hey, they pretty much did the same thing with Ghost Recon. Wouldn't be an alien concept to them.

There's less than 3 months of dev time to get a playable build up for E3. We'll just have to wait, then extrapolate effort and time spent according to the levels of car vault present.

Do note that I don't have that trollface emote that you like using on hand, it could have been of good use right now ):

cool_f.gif

use it wisely

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

New Trailer from Ubisoft

It's the same gameplay demo from the PS4 conference, but from a very different perspective.
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

Release date announced:

Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC in North America on November 19 and in Europe on November 22.

Additionally, the company has revealed that the open-world action-adventure game will be available as launch title for the PlayStation 4, and is "also planned for other next-generation consoles". That'll be the next Xbox, then.

We'd heard previously that the game would be released in time for "Holiday 2013", so it's nice to know that every now and then rumours can turn out to be true.

In addition, four Collector's Editions of the game have been unveiled: the Dedsec Edition, the Vigilante Edition, the Uplay Exclusive Edition and the Special Edition.

The Dedsec Edition is the big one, and includes a figurine of player character Aiden Pearce, a steelbook and collector box, artbook and soundtrack, four augmented reality collectible cards and three badges, as well as a map of the game's Chicago. Additionally, three single player missions will be provided as digital content, adding around an hour of additional gameplay; the Palace Pack, centred on a police raid of an Internet mogul; Signature Shot, dealing with a biometrics weapon smuggled into Chicago; and the Breakthrough Pack, which tasks you with outing the criminals holding corporate CEOs to ransom.

The Vigilante Edition comes with a collector box, Aiden's cap and mask, and the game's soundtrack along with the Palace Pack mission, the Uplay Exclusive Edition comes with the steelbook and the three single player missions mentioned above and, finally, the Special Edition comes with the Breakthrough pack.

A new trailer's also been released to celebrate the announcement. What's interesting though is that it lists the release date, followed by the strapline "also coming to current generation consoles"; does this mean the PlayStation 4 and next Xbox could be out around that date? Seeing as Black Friday follows shortly after, it's certainly looking possible.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/29/watch-dogs-release-date-and-collectors-editions-announced?abthid=517e98a733dc794f7600000c

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuck off.

I don't mind if companies release multiple special editions. But why do they insist on making the packages contain different bonuses? Each pack should contain everything the pack cheaper than it contains, and then something more.

• Thumbs Up 6

Goddammit, I love the look of the figurine, but I'd also love that cap and the mask. I hate that "different content" stuff. >___>

I don't really care about the cap and mask, so I don't personally think it's that big of a deal.

Why is this so common nowadays with pre order games? Why do they make it so much harder for people to choose which Edition to go for? ><

I'm not buying these, simply because I haven't got the money and I can't decide which one to get. Oh, and also because one time I wasted a lot of money on a Special Edition game and I ended up being disappointed by it. Looking at you AC3...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not buying these, simply because I haven't got the money and I can't decide which one to get. Oh, and also because one time I wasted a lot of money on a Special Edition game and I ended up being disappointed by it. Looking at you AC3...

Here here! I bought the fanciest version of that too. And what a let down that whole game was.

I'm not sold of Watch Dogs, so I won't be laying down the money for this just yet. But if the game is good and the Collectors Editions hold up, I'm more than happy to splash the cash. Like with Generations and Tomb Raider. They were worth every penny.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1