Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

RPS Interview.

The interviewer explicitly says that causing the traffic accident and getting into a firefight is actually far from the only way to take out the target - you can do it in a much more subtle manner, for example, follow him into a park and do it without a firefight and collateral damage.

• Thumbs Up 4

According to IGN, Ubisoft confirmed that this game will show up on the 360, PS3 and PC. Wii-U is still be discussed.

Oh well, obviously PC is the version I'll be getting.

Edited by Silencer Tsundere

Wii U seems like such an obvious platform for the game, hacking by using the second screen oh goodness.

It really would. It's literally the 2nd best system for the game if you ask me. Using the Wii-u G pad to hack makes sooo much sense.

Tony Key of Ubisoft has said, in regards to the game arriving on the Wii U, that:

We have so many titles in development for Wii U right now that we need to keep that team focused and this is a very very ambitious game. But it’s not out of the question.

Tony Key of Ubisoft has said, in regards to the game arriving on the Wii U, that:

I know...but still. That is a huge missed opportunity for Nintendo and Ubisoft. The one system on the market where hacking with a phone/tablet.....

Not really liking the fact that the developers have felt the need to resort to the whole 'man viewed from third person shooting other men from behind some cover' shtick (which everyone condemned Star Wars: 1313 for having), or that nobody is calling them out for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't get around to seeing the WHOLE trailer for this, and I had to laugh at this part:

Xho0v.png

I lived on the street he'd walking towards for two years, and it really is almost 1:1 with the real N State Street. The theater is the Chicago theater in real life, and across is my old dorms. The corner nearest the character was a Borders Books and to the left is where Wicked played.

So yeah, should this game retain the Chicago setting, I'll know the game's map like the back of my hand. Fun fact, if you walk two blocks you'll see a majority of the locations from The Dark Knight.

---

Fun fact: First week I moved there, The Wiggles and Lil' Romeo performed in the theater he enters. lol Kind of ruins the coolness factor.

edit: the real street corner, seems they shortened the block a little, but its pretty close. Another fun fact, in an alleyway ahead, back in 1903 over 600 people died in a theater fire. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroquois_Theatre_fire Wait... that wasn't fun. That was sad, sorry.

flkd9.png

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 5

Woah, Watch Dogs Mutliplayer details and E3 Demo secrets!

“If you’re just making the same thing everybody else doing, what’s the point? So to create a new type of experience, designers need new tools and a new engine and we did just that. We have a very strong engineering team and we built the new engine to give the designers new abilities and new things we could do and that’s how we can have so much detail and so much density in our Chicago.”

watch_dogs.jpg

The Bixel guy from the demo, the one we all thought was another main character in the story? Actually, that was another character in Multiplayer!

That mysterious man may have more to do with Watch Dogs' multiplayer mode than the story. Guay confirmed that he was the second unseen player pulling the strings of "Bixxel_44" from off-stage on another controller as Ubisoft creative director Jonathan Morin played the game on-stage. This tiny tease should be a good indication of what the multiplayer mode will entail.

"We were two players crossing paths with our own objectives. So hopefully, this will give you an idea of where we're going with this and what we want to blend with the online, multiplayer and single player in ways that have never been done before."

That is so fucking cool how they're blending single and mutliplayer modes together!

Edited by Nintendoga

• 2 weeks later...

Ubisoft has released one new screenshot of Watch Dogs.

Yes one. Why one?

Because it looks fucking jazzy.

wd-noscale.jpg

Edited by Nintendoga

Every time I see clips and screenshots of Watch Dogs I just know this will be awesome. TwT Ubisoft why you amaze me so much~?

Wish I could get the PC version, but that would mean getting a very high end graphics card and stuff. Bet the 360 version will come on 10 discs, heh.

Important Announcement

Did you sign up for the Watch Dog viral site? Good news! Your e-mail address was just leaked to the world. They just sent out the following message:

Hi,

It is with great regret that we inform you that Joseph Demarco passed away in a tragic, yet unexplained accident. Being one of the most important philanthropists in the local digital art scene, his demise has left a deep void in the community. Out of respect for his friends and family, the dotconnexion exhibition will be cancelled.

Sincerely yours,

The dotconnexion Team

http://dotconnexion.com/

Edited by Nintendoga

I just got the email... only no sign of anyone else's attached to it. I've also seen some people say their inboxes have been swamped with people replying to it and their email... however no sign so far *touch wood* of emails from random people.

So I don't think everyones email was included.

• 7 months later...

That's not PS4 footage, confirmed while I watched GameTrailers' post-show. It's PC footage, however PS4 will be very close to what it looks like on PC.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes Nintendoga, Watch_Dogs for Wii U has indeed been confirmed!

Following today's demo of Watch Dogs during the PlayStation event in NYC, Ubisoft fired off a press release for the game confirming it will launch on the PS4. But at the bottom of that press release, Ubisoft also confirms a Wii U version – something that was never officially confirmed.

While Ubisoft confirmed a PS 4 version of the game today, Watch Dogs has also been confirmed for Xbox 360 and PS3. The game will also be available on the PC when it launches sometime in 2013.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/20/watch-dogs-wii-u/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

Happy days.

I'll be picking up the Wii U version.

The entire hacking mechanic seems like a perfect fit for the gamepad.

Edited by Cola

Hey, Watch Dogs Sneakily Showed Off The First Instance of PS4 Multiplayer Last Night
http://kotaku.com/5986057/hey-watch-dogs-sneakily-showed-off-the-first-instance-of-ps4-multiplayer-last-night?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

That's pretty cool and has me even more hyped for the game. 

• Thumbs Up 1