Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

Sonic Rush Adventure is the perfect Sonic Game, in everything... there is not a thing I would fix in that game...

Sonic CD's US soundtrack and all of its easily forgettable songs can go straight to hell for all I care.

Except for Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic CD's US soundtrack and all of its easily forgettable songs can go straight to hell for all I care.

Except for Sonic Boom.

I wouldn't say it's all that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phO14XIdTZc

But yeah, JP soundtrack does blow the US one out of the water..so many good tracks.

• Thumbs Up 1

In before someone says that super mode in stages is horribly overrated

In during I say Super forms in normal levels can fuck off for all I care.

In during I say Super forms in normal levels can fuck off for all I care.

The hell's wrong with Super forms in normal levels? That's like an achievement for those who want to go god mode throughout the level so long as they win all the challenges they choose to take on, so what good reason is there for them to "fuck off?"

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Well, I just don't care about them. I'd rather unlock concept art and stuff like that when I do challenges. Sonic Generations had a nice middle ground, but I still wouldn't care if we never got super forms in normal levels again.

Reach for the Stars is a great song and I had no idea that hating it is considered an unpopular opinion :/

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, I just don't care about them. I'd rather unlock concept art and stuff like that when I do challenges. Sonic Generations had a nice middle ground, but I still wouldn't care if we never got super forms in normal levels again.

I don't think I even used it that much in Generations. Didn't even feel that different from normal Sonic anyway.

I personally think it should just be in the 2-D games.

Reach for the Stars is a great song and I had no idea that hating it is considered an unpopular opinion :/

Speak with your heart is pretty good too.

Okay, that's cool. No one's telling you to care about them.

I just find it baffling why bother saying they should "fuck off" to you if you're pretty much indifferent about them even if they were around. I know I'm probably being argumentative, but it's just that I kinda look at that as different from indifference when you say things like that.

My problem with super forms in levels is the obnoxious loops that replace the level music. :/ It's why I can't stand playing as them in the classics.

• Thumbs Up 4

My problem with super forms in levels is the obnoxious loops that replace the level music. :/ It's why I can't stand playing as them in the classics.

Yeah, I don't know why the put this back in Sonic 4 Episode 2 or even the first for that matter.

I want to listen to the awesome Mad Gear Zone music not the 2 second loop.

I wouldn't mind Super forms if they weren't the end game prize, as if that's the best Sonic Team can come up with for the player nowadays. It's anti-climatic when you spend hours doing every single challenge there is to do, or scouring everywhere for those Red Rings, and your reward is that you get to do it all over again except with invincibility and an annoying music loop. Yeah, that was cool in the 90s, but I want more when I decide to invest time in your game beyond the initial story mode and I end up blitzing everything you guys could think of.

I always thought a better compromise would be to have Super Sonic available when you beat the final boss- considering you've usually already gotten the Chaos Emeralds in order to do so- leave interesting unlocks like concept art or animated shorts (we need more of those) left to collectables like the Red Rings, and the end game prize for getting everything- Red Rings, medals, S-Ranks, and so forth- be a final area with two or three new stages to play.

And in my opinion, Cash Cash's contribution to the Sonic series is nothing short of wonderful. That's my unpopular opinion for today, everyone.

I have to agree. Reach For The Stars isn't my favorite of their contributions to the Sonic franchise, but the remixes they did for Sonic Generations were incredible. Speed Highway, City Escape, Radical Highway, and Water Palace have never sounded so awesome! happy.png

Edited by KatamariParadox

Despite a few things which could of been improved, I like Unleashed, I think it's a great game, I thought it has a great sense of action and exploration, I liked both day and night stages because they offered so much (speed, slow paced platforming, combat etc). I liked the Werehog, I liked the addition of hub worlds, interacting with people and hearing their life stories (and scaring Wentos)biggrin.png I also liked Sonic and Chip's friendship, they grew closer during the adventure, I really liked the Adabat ctuscene at night with Sonic and Chip really heart-warming and deep smile.png I also thought Chip was a good sidekick.

I thought Jason Griffith was the best Sonic voice.

I thought SEGA/Sonic Team making the short film "Night Of The Werehog" was one of their best ideas.

I liked the Rivals series (on PSP) I enjoyed both games especially the second one (I think it was much better than the first) mainly because the pairing up worked well with characters such as Espio and Silver and Shadow and Metal Sonic, it was really nice to see them interact with each other and they all worked well as a team (I love how Shadow gets on with Metal Sonic more than the real Sonic XD), It was also nice to see Espio finally being included in a story after he had been unused for a while just like the rest of Chaotix. I just love Knuckles and Rouge's relationship in the game, I'm glad they paired up likewise to Sonic and Tails too, there were some really funny lines and I find it hilarious how mad the rivals got at each other during some conversations like Shadow getting mad at Rouge for tripping him. There are some aprts of these games that I enjoyed more than the Rush games.

I'm not a big fan of the game but I absolutely LOVE the party mode for Secret Rings, it was a very fun and unique addition to the game, I enjoyed a lot of party games, I thought most of them were very interesting and challenging, this was a great feature in the game it's even more enjoyable when playing with friends, they are a RIOT! I guess this was the closest thing to a Shuffle 2.

I thought the SOAP shoes made Sonic look kinda awkward when walking/running in SA2.

I'd like to see Metal Sonic speak again.

I actually liked the Werehog battle theme, I just wish they didn't overuse it during the fights in the night levels as you never got to hear much of the level's music, I guess that's why it became a bit annoying/unlikeable for some people.

I really didn't like Tails' theme in SA2, I didn't like how they changed it completely, the theme in SA1 was so much better.

I loved the special stages for Sonic Rush smile.png

Sonic Rush Adventure was a great sequel and an improvement from the first game, with better bosses and levels, but I still like both games.

I'd like Knuckles to be involved more in stories with other characters, but the master emerald doesn't need to be part of it all the time.

I liked Winter Olympic games, out of the olympic crossovers I actually thought the winter was the best out of all 3 games.

I think Sonic Colors is overated

I liked the story telling in Chronicles while it may not have been the best game/RPG, I really liked how the characters interacted with each other throughout the adventure, I liked Rouge's sarcasm, Big'd dumbness, Tails' role as captain(leader). The deep/engaging conversations that the characters had with Sonic was also good, working together made them stronger than ever and I really liked Knuckles in this game too, his role was great, I think they did a good job with all characters aside from Sonic.

I liked the first two Riders games mainly because they had a lot of unique levels, I liked the different style/type of music used in both games (techno), I also liked the simple controls for Riders and the story for Zero gravity, Knuckles also had a good role here.

I also liked Black Knight, SHOOT ME but I thought it was good spin off, I really liked how other characters got the chance to shine by having important roles, I think they should do this more often with spin offs and I also think this game had a great soundtrack.

I thought Heroes had some of the best level designs.

I'd like to have more full 3D Sonic games mainly because I prefer Modern Sonic's gameplay to classic, Modern gameplay still has so much more to bring. It was nice seeing Classic Sonic in Generations but I wouldn't want the series go back to 2D strictly.

Edited by C.J
  • Thumbs Up 4

Rouge's entire design and concept is awesome, nuff said. All the fanservice naysayers are just closet fans who don't want to admit it. And I want mai jiggle physics back D:<

• Thumbs Up 7

Rouge's entire design and concept is awesome, nuff said. All the fanservice naysayers are just closet fans who don't want to admit it. And I want mai jiggle physics back D:<

It's upsetting that it's not even present in the newer games, when we've got the technology to make them boob physiscs even better!

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, here goes...

I enjoy Sylvania Castle just as much as Aquatic Ruin, or at least it's close to. They differ enough that Castlevania Zone doesn't feel as much of a rehash than anything in Episode 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know it was said quite a while ago, but I can't stand all those jokes about the Generations ending's future quote either. Yes, we know there's been some tough times. We know Sonic 2006 happened. We know the franchise itself is one of the cancers of the media and that anyone and anything related to the hedgehogiverse - art, music or otherwise - is devoid of credibility. Yes. We get it. We understand that. So please stop informing us of that every five seconds, because some of us have enough fanbase-related shinanegans to sigh about. We don't need more.

On a lighter note regarding unpopular opinions (...I think... you get contradictions now and then about what's unpopular or not), I don't see the G.U.N. Truck as a violent berserker with disregard for other people's safety. but merely a heartbroken vehicle, spurned by former lover Heavy Dog, who went straight for Flying Dog's private johnsons in exchange for particle beam cannons. Deluding himself into thinking Sonic is somehow responsible for this - presumably by their previous chase leaving him as an embarrassment to everyone he ever knew - he chases once more, his desire to take the hedgehog out now being the only thing that mattered. All or nothing.

This is a person who could become as glorious as the Elephant Man. But alas, no one can understand his inner turmoil, for he is but a mere truck designed for carrying artillery and stock, and they are nothing but bigoted high brows. Or dead via collision.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Live & Learn from SA2 is overrated. I really don't see the appeal, as there are better songs in this game. ( I am not talking about City Escape, as I find it a bit overrated, too.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought Big the Cat was a cool guy. He just liked to chill man- was that so wrong?

• Thumbs Up 8

- Its not important to have a massive central cast to generate a Sonic game with a good plot or an expansive universe. See Unleashed.

2 recognised Sonic characters, and 2 other important characters. Only 1 character was playable. The story itself was simple in concept and not terribly well written (in terms of dialogue at the very least), yet it felt as though it had a greater scope than SA2, Shadow or 06 (each of which had far more complex and "epic" stories). Thing is, it was better realised because effort was spent generating the world the characters were running around in. Each hubworld and location was extremely well fleshed out and was alive. There were people, throw-away characters though they may be, which you could talk to and it made the world of Sonic Unleashed feel like an actual connected world.

Only a handful of central characters are necessary. 4 or 5 at the most I'd say. Yeah, other characters can exist and each game should feature a different set of characters to work with Sonic (and possibly Tails). Maybe have cameos of other characters as NPC's in a hubworld somewhere who you can talk to breifly, but play no major role in the story that is unfolding.

• Thumbs Up 3

These are two separate effects. Saying that Cash Cash is auto-tuned implies a lack of talent, which is becoming increasingly bothersome to me.

And in my opinion, Cash Cash's contribution to the Sonic series is nothing short of wonderful. That's my unpopular opinion for today, everyone.

Apparently you've never heard them singing without aid.

• Thumbs Up 1