Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

Unpopular Sonic fandom-related opinion: the jokes made about the "Enjoy your future, it's going to be great!" line are not funny.

Unpopular Sonic fandom-related opinion: the jokes made about the "Enjoy your future, it's going to be great!" line are not funny.

Edited by Komodin

The jokes don't even makes sense considering that Sonic was talking about his future in universe. Considering the amount of adventures he would have in the future, and that he'd save the world in every one of them no matter how bad things got, yeah, his future IS going to be great.

• Thumbs Up 7

- I thought that Sonic was pretty...flat character-wise in Unleashed but still, whenever he did something or said something of meaning it was awesome. Then again, I always interpreted his propensity for quietness in Unleashed a possible side-effect of Dark Gaia's influence or as a result of coming to terms with his new form.

- Speaking of Unleashed, Sonic does NOT regard his Werehog form as being bad. There is a few pieces of evidence in the games' text that outright states that Sonic actually enjoys his Werehog form. Professor Pickle takes note of how Sonic acts like he's in no rush to get his body back to normal and is enjoying the change in form when you pick the "Is there a cure?" question in the advice you can get from him and Chip tries to get Sonic to confess that he likes his new form when you feed him.

- I thought that the Natsu No Hi scene in Sonic X episode 52 utterly pwns any other portrayal of romance in any other Sonic media because of it's subtlety and how very well done it is. Shits on anything Archie's ever done in those respects.

- Sonic Dash & Spin manga volumes have an utterly bizarre yet weirdly endearing appeal to them.

- Character seniority =/= Character superiority.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't have a fucking clue what you were on about there. Random Japanese words mean nothing to me.

• Thumbs Up 4

Didn't have a fucking clue what you were on about there. Random Japanese words mean nothing to me.

Well that's no problem, these words weren't random.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well that's no problem, these words weren't random.

You know what I'm getting at. It was just confusing cause Japanese terms are thrown around all the time and it's not unreasonable for people to find them to be completely meaningless.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 5

Just referring to the songs by their names cool.png "Natsu No Hi" and "Hikaru Michi" translate in english as "Summer Day" and "The Shining Road" anyways :).

Edited by Verte

Just referring to the songs by their names cool.png "Natsu No Hi" and "Hikaru Michi" translate in english as "Summer Day" and "The Shining Road" anyways smile.png.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh, Japanese voice mode is far more tolerable. Sonic doesn't sound like a adrenaline-crazed idiot when he boosts or attacks enemies, he just sounds cute :>

Edited by Megabox!
  • Thumbs Up 6

Who the hell wants to sound cute while breaking the sound barrier? I would want to sound like im having the time of my life boosting around the world

Heh, just chalk it up to me seeing cuteness in perhaps too many things XD

Sonic Free Riders.

[media=]

You could pull the non-canon card, in which case I'll accept that. tongue.png

I said "almost" every game after for this very specific reason =P

I liked Omochao just fine in SA2. You didn't need to activate him if you didn't want to, and you could abuse him too. It's perfect!

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait this made me think of something

When Sonic says to Classic Sonic "Enjoy your future it's going to be great!" Why do people then assume Sonic is being sarcastic? I can't stress enough how much this bothers me. No, Sonic is not implying "You're gonna have a really bad life in the next few years to come"

He's basically saying "You're gonna be going on lots of adventures, you'll meet lots of friends and you'll save the world a bunch of times"

Stop jumping on the "MODERN SONIC GAMES ARE SO BAD GAIIIZZZZ XDDDDD" Band wagon.

That was not what Sonic was implying at all.

sheesh.

• Thumbs Up 8

- Speaking of Unleashed, Sonic does NOT regard his Werehog form as being bad.

That's because he's not real!

Edit: And yes, that's Sonic Unleashed I last played on my 360 if you can see my sig. I am FRUSTATED trying to get Skyscraper Scamper HOT FREAKING DOGS at NIGHT from Time Trial Level 1! I HATE THOSE STUPID BEAMS!

Edited by tenchibr

When Sonic says to Classic Sonic "Enjoy your future it's going to be great!" Why do people then assume Sonic is being sarcastic? I can't stress enough how much this bothers me.

Reach for the stars, SUUUUUCKS. worst. vocal. main theme. EVER. Dat autotune.

Sonic Rush Adventure is the perfect Sonic Game, in everything... there is not a thing I would fix in that game...

All the cast suffered from flanderization, except Eggman and Blaze.

Shadow's character has been more screwed up than Silver's

• Thumbs Up 2

- Cream....I don't hate her, I just don't see the point in her being there. She's a nice character and all...but seriously...Making her a main character in Free Riders? >_> She shouldn't be playable unless we have another heroes or Advance situation, and even when she only appears in a story as an NPC, she should just be there for like, 3 or 4 scenes, and be on her way.

- Level Up items seriously need to come back. Not like in Unleashed, but like the Adventure series. I loved them, they gave you new powers and they looked so cool~

- I think that Cream's mom was the only parent ever mentioned in the series ._. (Would make for an interesting plot: Something about Sonic's dad.)

- If several things were fixed, they should make a Heroes 2~ I think it would be cool to unlock a new story by pairing up random team members together (granted it has to be certain combinations). Plus, characters could play roles in more than one type, but be less powerful in those departments versus those of a pure type.

- Without getting NiGHTS involved, I think the next area Sonic should explore are dreammmsssss~

• Thumbs Up 3

- I think that Cream's mom was the only parent ever mentioned in the series ._. (Would make for an interesting plot: Something about Sonic's dad.)

While Cream's mum is the only one seen, Jet's dad and Wave's...relative are given a mention (the latter in the manuals, I think).

Mine is that I personally think Sonic R isn't that bad when you get used to the controls. At least on the PC version anyway. I recently played it on Gems Collection and hated it 0__o (couldn't get Sonic to run straight XD)

Mine is that I personally think Sonic R isn't that bad when you get used to the controls. At least on the PC version anyway. I recently played it on Gems Collection and hated it 0__o (couldn't get Sonic to run straight XD)

Sorry for the double post there. (testing the internet browser on my 3DS ) XD

Another unpopular opinion would be that sonic underwater levels are the best underwater levels in any video game

• Thumbs Up 5