Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

Galactic Parade can't be considered a thematically dark track. House of the Dead and Adder's Lair are both scary tracks, which is what is meant by dark. Galactic Parade is not scary.

The tracks are meant to get more menacing as the game proceeds. Also, I don't know where you got Egg Hangar from. That was never said to be in the game.

i don't think he necessarily meant darker as in scary/menacing but more meant the tracks will get progressively harder, having played Adder's Lair it was a pretty challenging track, so will probably be at the back end of the world tour mode.

it is the first returning track SUMO confirmed. It is the DLC track from the last game

That's Death Egg, not Egg Hangar.

i don't think he necessarily meant darker as in scary/menacing but more meant the tracks will get progressively harder, having played Adder's Lair it was a pretty challenging track, so will probably be at the back end of the world tour mode.

No, he specifically said they get THEMATICALLY darker. So the later stages include giant skeletons and volcanoes and zombies and such. You can't confuse the word "darker" to just mean harder, those are two unrelated terms.

I thought Egg Hangar was the one with the robots on conveyor belts.

You're thinking of Dark Arsenal.

Does the Sky Sanctuary Track have an official name yet?

Nope, all we have is a few bits of clip art from a website background.

If anyone's interested, S0L revealed the starting GP;

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7592031&viewfull=1#post7592031

In terms of starter tracks, you get 4, there the ones from the first GP. So Seaside Hill, Samba, AfterBurner and Panzer. We also start with all the arena's unlocked so you can battle online or off right from the start.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Interesting that if Sonic were to get an ice based track SUMO would've chosen Holaska over Ice Cap. Eh, no biggie for me.

That's disappointing to hear, since I'd much rather see the original Sonic 3 level in 3D. I suppose it's because it would be more recognisable for newer Sonic fans. I wish there was at least one new Sonic track aimed at old school fans though.

Edited by Pawn

Interesting that if Sonic were to get an ice based track SUMO would've chosen Holaska over Ice Cap. Eh, no biggie for me.

It'd make sense seeing as Holoska did have a bigger emphasis on water areas than Ice Cap

• Thumbs Up 2

I was hoping Sonic would provide the ice level just so we wouldn't have to see Billy's stupid face again. Unfortunately fate had other plans...

Edited by PsychoJosh

I was hoping Sonic would provide the ice level just so we wouldn't have to see Billy's stupid face again. Unfortunately fate had other plans...

Dude we get it you can't stand Billy Hatcher. You act like he ruined your childhood and stole your fiance.

That's disappointing to hear, since I'd much rather see the original Sonic 3 level in 3D. I suppose it's because it would be more recognisable for newer Sonic fans. I wish there was at least one new Sonic track aimed at old school fans though.

Do we really need a Sonic track aimed towards the old school crowd when we've got other tracks from other IP's that do that?

Edited by Balding Spider

As long the Ice cap music would be played, and a little bit of the cave sections were part of the track, Holoska would be fine to me. It makes sense because it is almost very similar to Ice cap beside the crystal ice aesthetics.

Edited by Djawed
  • Thumbs Up 1

As long the Ice cap music would be played, and a little bit of the cave sections were part of the track

Sold.

I wouldn't mind Sumo merging elements for a lot of the sonic stages to be honest. A few of the other IPs get that benefit.

I know there are a lot of Sonic stages to go around making it not a necessity, but there's no real reason why you cant merge really similar tropes.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus

So a friend linked me this article, it goes over a few of the tracks, including Carrier Zone, Galactic Parade, Dream Valley, Rogue's Landing, and even gives us the official name of the Shinobi Track, Seasonal Shrine: http://ve3tro.com/20...formed-preview/

The Carrier Zone course is a fantastic take on the Afterburner video-games. Most of the course takes place in the sea. This means that players are spending a lot of time either using the boat or aircraft vehicles. There is a lot happening in this stage but most of it is for show. It’s certainly an impressive show though with various air crafts and other Afterburner vehicles moving in the background. Funnily enough, this is one of the courses shown that changes the least. It makes it a lot easier to remember the track though.

Sonic fans should look forward to the dazzling show that is Galactic Parade. This Sonic Colours themed course is one of the best shown at the event. The track itself changes regularly throughout the three laps. It even transforms into a flying section at some points, where the characters must race through an asteroid belt. This is the toughest course shown at the event since it includes the least safe zones. This is because of a section where the path literally appears as the characters continues to race. It’s an interesting idea that keeps the race lively, since one mistake could mean losing the top spot.

The NiGHTS themed Dream Valley course consists mainly of an air section and a short river joy ride. Most of the course is loosely based on the Spring Valley level from the beloved NiGHTS into Dreams Saturn video-game. Fans of NiGHTS will easily spot familiar props such as the yellow link rings and Ideya Captures. Interestingly enough, the course changes to a Nightmare section at a certain point. This Nightmare section changes for every lap and represents a different NiGHTS boss. The course did feel like it lasted for a long time but the flying sections were enjoyable.

Those wondering where the more traditional racing courses are shouldn’t worry. The Shinobi course mostly consists of a ground race track – with the exception of a short and rather exciting water section. The course itself doesn’t go through a major transformation throughout each lap. However, there are some cosmetic changes, since each lap represents a different season. One of the more interesting sights in this course are the training ninjas who seem blissfully unaware of the race going around them. The course design itself is fantastic with plenty of opportunities, like tight corners, to show off driving skills.

The Skies of Arcadia themed course is the one played that went through the most transformations. The course starts out as a group of smaller island connected by bridges. There is a war of sorts in the background which results in parts of the course being destroyed with each new lap. It all ends in the characters having to race by making use of air vehicles. All of this makes for a very exciting race since it’s difficult to know what may happen next. This is the sort of course that shows how committed Sumo Digital is when it comes to taking on the task of creating a dynamic racing experience.

Edited by The Marvelous Munchlax
  • Thumbs Up 3

So apparently, Transformed is the best racing game ever made? Seems legit. Kudos Sumo, I'm doing my pre-order this week :)

We have more Track names if your interested:

Shinobi - Seasonal Shrines

Sky Sanctuary - Sanctuary Falls

The House of the Dead - Graveyard Gig

Billy Hatcher - Chilly Castle

Edited by FourCartridge

Interestingly enough, the course changes to a Nightmare section at a certain point. This Nightmare section changes for every lap and represents a different NiGHTS boss.

I really want to see this part now.

For them picking the same area in Billy Hatcher again, I guess I understand because none of the other areas in that game are really interesting or stand out.

Shinobi - Seasonal Shrine

Where were these names mentioned?

The questions thread on SEGA Forums, and a reveal thread:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7598594&viewfull=1#post7598594

I'd love to have a *cough* Graveyard Gig *cough* some day

Billy Hatcher track is called Chilly Castle, Sky Sanctuary is Sanctuary Falls.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?423770-Some-new-tidbits-about-the-Shinobi-NiGHTS-After-Burner-and-SoA-tracks&p=7595895&viewfull=1#post7595895

Go on then, Shinobi track is called 'Seasonal Shrines'.. You start in Spring, lap 2 is Summer, lap 3 is Autumn. It's really cool for that alone, though it's a great technical track. The driving feel is very OutRun (in fact the whole track feels very OutRun!). Well except for the boats. Tons of route splits too.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really want to see this part now.

Skip to 2:40

Shinobi - Seasonal Shrines

Several of those names actually sound like they could pass for Sonic Zones.

Edited by Balding Spider