Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

Ok, Seaside Hill may return too, but please, make at least one new Sonic-ish track for the sake of the game's name...

Yeah I agree. Seaside is not my favourite zone in the sonic franchise, but the tracks were one of the best in the previous SASR so i'm really fine with its return too.

----------------------------------------

Just to reiterate

The box art ***doesn't*** contain any art from the Transformed levels. *** I *think* it's the loop from ASR being reused. ***

----------------------------------------

Because I totally said that, right? Hell, I even addressed that when S0L mentioned the same.

Am I allowed to voice my opinions without you being an ass to me? I wasn't the only one who complained about Seaside Hill or the boxart, you know.

But I don't think I'm being an ass to you. It's just my opinions. I apologise that you don't like them. I don't wanna turn this into some sort of slagging match, so please accept my apology and lets move on. I look forward to hearing your constructive critisism! xx

Rex

EDIT <I'm actually looking forward to hearing your opinions on the reveal at SanDiego later today>

Edited by SumoRex

Am I allowed to voice my opinions without you being an ass to me? I wasn't the only one who complained about Seaside Hill or the boxart, you know.

I think if anything you're being an ass to them. Everything you say seems to be extremely entitled whining.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not too keen on the box art myself, either, but oh well. I like the CGI stuff that I assume is the intro, but those recycled Sonic voice clips just sound off.

EDIT <I'm actually looking forward to hearing your opinions on the reveal at SanDiego later today>

Oooooooo, I can't wait :D

Not too keen on the box art myself, either, but oh well. I like the CGI stuff that I assume is the intro, but those recycled Sonic voice clips just sound off.

Oooooooo, I can't wait biggrin.png

I know right? They just sound out of place for this trailer. It's probably because of how clear and obvious they are.

Oh boy!!! I'm lovin' all these reveals. :P

Sketch Turner to be revealed at Comic Con?

It would be too perfect.

---

I mean, the dude literally TRANSFORMS into his super hero alter ego. Plus, comic book style attacks would be awesome. How does his vehicle transform? He erases and draws new parts on with a giant pencil.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sketch Turner to be revealed at Comic Con?

It would be too perfect.

---

I mean, the dude literally TRANSFORMS into his super hero alter ego. Plus, comic book style attacks would be awesome. How does his vehicle transform? He erases and draws new parts on with a giant pencil.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES x1,000,000

edit: I WOULD F**KING CRY!

Edited by Unidus

His ASM could be Roadkill chewing off parts of the other racer's cars. How a rat can catch up to them, I have no idea.

EDIT: On topic though, I think they're going to reveal the Sonic track at Conic-Con, or one related to the character reveal.

Edited by FourCartridge

I have a feeling reveals will be reserved for new characters. It feels like returning characters are just introduced by popping up in screens and were all like "oh look, Aiai."

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a feeling reveals will be reserved for new characters. It feels like returning characters are just introduced by popping up in screens and were all like "oh look, Aiai."

I've been seeing that too, but those guys are kinda the ones everyone was expecting. Not much point in making a fanfare when characters are a shoo-in.

• Thumbs Up 1

His ASM could be Roadkill chewing off parts of the other racer's cars. How a rat can catch up to them, I have no idea.

Why the hell would it be anything other than him flying around as a superhero and punching cars out of the way? It's so painfully obvious that turning into a superhero would be his all-star. How you managed to ignore that completely and come up with a comparatively lame idea like the rat being his all-star boggles my mind...

• Thumbs Up 1

Dunno. Doesn't matter. Take a nap, go to the mall, do whatever you feel like doing and when you get back it'll probably be there.

Why the hell would it be anything other than him flying around as a superhero and punching cars out of the way? It's so painfully obvious that turning into a superhero would be his all-star. How you managed to ignore that completely and come up with a comparatively lame idea like the rat being his all-star boggles my mind...

Hmmmmm. I dunno what's happened to the reveal....

Something's gumming up the pipes! Quick, whack it with a wrench, maybe it's a wet furball or something.

No offense, but if it was painfully obvious, how come I didn't think of it? IMO, Comix Zone wasn't really using superhero conventions in it's style. It seemed more pulp-ish, with the ruins of New York, the Himalayan temples, and the mutants and creatures as enemies. Yeah, Sketch turned into a superhero for a few attacks, but the big premise was that he was a comic book writer/artist who had to fight his way out of his own comic book. Roadkill is just a rat, but he was more or less Sketch's sidekick, and you needed him for a few puzzles and attacks.

Besides, what do you have against cute rats?:

scary-giant-rat-picture.jpg

The whole point of All-Star moves is that they're SUPER attacks. So it would be stupid to have his rat as an All-Star move. It would be like Sonic getting the Tornado as his ASM instead of going Super Sonic. Why wouldn't you use what's already been established as an ability in the character's arsenal? Roadkill doesn't do much in the game apart from flicking switches and scaring away women. That's a far cry from the super fist attack that causes Sketch to punch the ground and create a shockwave that murders everything on screen. Obviously it does have superhero conventions since he turns into one for that attack and the whole point of the game is to show him rising to full-fledged hero status.

i'd choose something like Stardust Speedway, partly because i want to fly through that amazing stormy red sky in bad future, as well as drive over those crazy walk ways. or some obscure level from the storybook games? or even a jab at the Advance series, would love to see a cyber track race track.

not that we should be talking about this in the main thread, go ask it in the track thread :)

not that we should be talking about this in the main thread, go ask it in the track thread smile.png

But this is the track thread... XD

If I had to choose a sonic track I would go for one of the unleashed levels, windmill island or dragon road would be the best.

They both have roads, water(river in dragon road and sea in windmill island) and air space(flying between the mountains or between the islands).

Also both are very unique, but been modern generation levels I see why people would disapprove them.

Windmill isle would be a interesting pick. I really hope one of the modern levels gets a go this time. Tennis got a classic, ASR got dreamcast. COME ON MODERN! Kingdom valley also wouldn't be bad...

so it is, i got confused since i have all 3 threads open in my tabs xD my bad!

i've already mentioned this like, twice but a Sonic CD track where it goes like this

Lap 1 - racing on land

lap 2 - you pass a PAST goal post and get sent to the same track only the water level has risen above the track so you have to boat

lap 3 - you pass a FUTURE goal post, and find out the track has crumbled under a polluted ocean full of hazards and danger so you're forced to fly through stormy clouds with lightning hazards and tall metal buildings to dodge.

at the end of the race it resumes back to present

• Thumbs Up 1

Windmill isle would be a interesting pick. I really hope one of the modern levels gets a go this time. Tennis got a classic, ASR got dreamcast. COME ON MODERN! Kingdom valley also wouldn't be bad...

Actually I completely forgot about kingdom valley, it would be an awesome track as well.

Eagles, eagles flying everywhere.tongue.png