Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

Except Eggman's probably taking part in the race so how's he gonna start firing his cannon? You're telling me he's gonna fire it on himself? Yeah, I don't think so. lol

• Thumbs Up 2

Seen Final Fortress in ASR?

Seen Egg Factory in Riders?

Seen Bowser's Castle in MK?

Edited by PsychoJosh

Yeah well, Eggman/Bowser aren't really doing those things, they're just automated defenses. I'm just saying, you said Eggman would do it when he can't possibly.

Wasn't my suggestion. Also it doesn't matter who or what would fire it when you can't see it anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm confused... The developers say there gonna be one track per IP... The OP mentions two Jet Set Radio tracks (Shibuya Downtown and Graffiti City).

Are they the same thing or what?

I'm confused... The developers say there gonna be one track per IP... The OP mentions two Jet Set Radio tracks (Shibuya Downtown and Graffiti City).

Shibuya Downtown and Death Egg don't count. They're stages revived from the original game. Graffiti City is the one stage from JSR.

Edited by Blue Blood

Why don't they count? Yes, they are remakes, but that still makes it more than one track per IP.

Not that I'm complaining, more Jet Set Radio tracks are a good thing.

EDIT: I hope they bring back Sunshine Tour, easily my favorite track in the first game.

Edited by AngryBitter

Why don't they count? Yes, they are remakes, but that still makes it more than one track per IP.

Not that I'm complaining, more Jet Set Radio tracks are a good thing.

EDIT: I hope they bring back Sunshine Tour, easily my favorite track in the first game.

They're aren't remakes, they're more or less be C&P jobs from the original (with adaptations fro Transformed perhaps?). They don't count because it's pretty obvious they don't count given the evidence. And it would royally suck too. Sonic, the game's namesake, would get only one stage and it would be recycled from the original.

No, of the 16 new tracks all of them will be based on individual IPs. Quite what IP means right now is up in the air, but you can guarantee they'll all be different from each other. The four returning courses are separate from this.

Are you *really* confused or are you just being a pedant? Only a fool would be so easily confused. I suspect you're no fool, so that only leaves one choice... :)

• Thumbs Up 5

Are you *really* confused or are you just being a pedant? Only a fool would be so easily confused. I suspect you're no fool, so that only leaves one choice... smile.png

Because the fact that the 4 returning tracks are excluded from the "One track per IP" rule is such a common knowledge, right? Get over yourself. Its not even mentioned in the OP.

One can easily be confused when in every interview one of your fellow Sumo employees stress that one IP won't have more than one track.

Because the fact that the 4 returning tracks are excluded from the "One track per IP" rule is such a common knowledge, right?

Um... it actually is...

They're quite obviously exceptions to the "one track per IP" rule as they are returning tracks and not new ones, so if you still don't understand something so plainly visible, then you are being intentionally myopic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Um... it actually is...

How?

Not once its mentioned in the numerous interviews I've seen, nor even the OP. It seems like its something only the fans who've been in tracking S0L and Rex's posts know of.

They're quite obviously exceptions to the "one track per IP" rule as they are returning tracks and not new ones

That's hilarious... Just because they are returning tracks does not, any in shape or form, make them excluded out of the overall track roster.

If Sumo had explicitly said "Only the new tracks will be one track per IP" then there won't be any confusion... however, they were pretty ambiguous in their statements.

GC: Can you give a ballpark figure for the number of tracks? Is it one per IP?

JN: I think I can answer that and yes it is! So we've made a specific track per IP, so in the last one there were maybe three set in Seaside Hill, but we haven't done that this time. So each track is unique and built on its own. So it's very fan-pleasing in that sense.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/897683-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-preview-and-interview-sega-kart#ixzz1xXqhuiAj

^ For the average reader, wouldn't this quote imply there's only one track per IP for the whole track roster?

Quite simply, there is a new JSR track as well as an old one. If you still can't get your head around that, then that is your problem.

Quite simply, there is a new JSR track as well as an old one. If you still can't get your head around that, then that is your problem.

Do you even read? I was confused about the fact that it contradicts with the Developer's "one track per IP" statement, in which Blue Blood told me its excluding the 4 returning tracks.

Then SumoRex's calls me a pedant because I was confused about something that his team was being ambiguous about, as evident by the quote in my previous post.

Don't waste my time if you won't bother reading.

Forgive me if I'm backseat modding but could someone please put an end to this? -__-;

Do you even read? I was confused about the fact that it contradicts with the Developer's "one track per IP" statement, in which Blue Blood told me its excluding the 4 returning tracks.

Then SumoRex's calls me a pedant because I was confused about something that his team was being ambiguous about, as evident by the quote in my previous post.

Don't waste my time if you won't bother reading.

How?

Not once its mentioned in the numerous interviews I've seen, nor even the OP. It seems like its something only the fans who've been in tracking S0L and Rex's posts know of.

Funny how you expect the OP to have it despite the fact that it was created before there was any extensive knowledge about the game.

That's hilarious... Just because they are returning tracks does not, any in shape or form, make them excluded out of the overall track roster.

What??? YES IT DOES. They quite clearly said 16 new tracks plus 4 returning tracks, thus the four returning tracks are an EXTREMELY OBVIOUS exception to their "one track per IP" rule as they've already announced two of them and one of them is in the same IP as one of the new ones. Like I said, you are just being intentionally myopic, in fact I'm starting to wonder if replying to this post is even worth it as you may just be trolling at this point. I find it hard to believe someone can be this naive.

If Sumo had explicitly said "Only the new tracks will be one track per IP" then there won't be any confusion... however, they were pretty ambiguous in their statements.

Even though it goes without saying you still need this official confirmation? Do you need official confirmation for the sky being blue as well? Or maybe that you need to wear clothes when you go out? I don't see what part of this is at all difficult to understand.

Funny how you expect the OP to have it despite the fact that it was created before there was any extensive knowledge about the game.

OPs are constantly updated with the latest info, don't tell me you don't know that despite being around here more than me?

What??? YES IT DOES. They quite clearly said 16 new tracks plus 4 returning tracks, thus the four returning tracks are an EXTREMELY OBVIOUS exception to their "one track per IP" rule as they've already announced two of them and one of them is in the same IP as one of the new ones.

Don't be a fool, no it doesn't.

16 new tracks plus 4 meaning they are bringing back 4 tracks from the original game as remake/remastered versions. It does not imply anything beyond that, its still part of the track roster, don't try to bend their words to suit your argument, its pathetic.

The fact that there was 2 Jet Set Radio tracks in the OP is what confused me, made me think its Shibuya Downtown renamed.. Just like how they renamed Dragon Canyon.

Even though it goes without saying you still need this official confirmation?.

Except its not...There are a lot of people out there that are just as confused as I am, but nice job pretending its "TOO OBVIOUS" and "COMMON SENSE!1!11!" despite the ambiguity of the whole matter.

Sonic will surely have more than one track, due to his prominence, and the number will probably be 3-5. The probability of more tracks for other franchise is quite low, also considering SUMO's statements...Anyway I wouldn't mind a second track for FEW IP's like Super Monkey Ball, Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS, which present a huge variety of environments.

I'd personally like to see a revised version of a Samba the Amigo track, the 3 from the previous game were great. It could be Land + Air. The "House of The Dead" level could be revised too, starting from a graveyard with zombies, then entering in a mansion and ending in the mines with a green water (poison) section.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are a lot of people out there that are just as confused as I am, but nice job pretending its "TOO OBVIOUS" and "COMMON SENSE!1!11!" despite the ambiguity of the whole matter.

I don't think it's ambiguous. Who are these people who are just as confused as you? Pass me a list of who they are and I'll apoplogise directly to "them all". Here's yours. Sorry.

The old tracks are what they are. The new choices aren't limited by the old ones

I didn't call you a pedant. I actually suspected you're no fool. Are you saying I was wrong?

Anyway, If you want to stick with the "easily confused" argument, that's ok. ;)

Just for future reference and to prevent anyone from getting their panties all bunched, the GameMode/Arena levels may repeat some of the IP's used in the main levels.

These, are same as the "classic" tracks and excluded from the usual. I hope that alleviates any future "confusion".

• Thumbs Up 2

I think some of yOu guys are just being dicks towards angrybitter. I just check out the general news (front page news etc) and interviews most of the time too. I didnt know that there were going to be more tracks per IP in the sense that theyre bringing back old Levels either. I learned about it just now.

As long enough ip's get represented, knowing this doesnt bother me much. I guess we can Leave this now

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think it's ambiguous. Who are these people who are just as confused as you? Pass me a list of who they are and I'll apoplogise directly to "them all". Here's yours. Sorry.

The old tracks are what they are. The new choices aren't limited by the old ones

I didn't call you a pedant. I actually suspected you're no fool. Are you saying I was wrong?

Anyway, If you want to stick with the "easily confused" argument, that's ok. wink.png

Just for future reference and to prevent anyone from getting their panties all bunched, the GameMode/Arena levels may repeat some of the IP's used in the main levels.

These, are same as the "classic" tracks and excluded from the usual. I hope that alleviates any future "confusion".

A lot of people in forums like NeoGAF and Gametrailers were saying the game will have 20 tracks with no IP duplicates, take a glance on those threads, I don't have time to list their names.

EDIT: You can see the gentleman above was just as confused as I am, There you go.

But apology accepted.

Edited by AngryBitter

...you know, it always amazes me how things get so heated, especially when Rex's 'Fool or Pedant' comment was so obviously made in jest smile.png

I will remind you that we come in here and talk to you guys in our own time, we do it as we love to connect with you guys but it's really hard to put out fights and fires all the time!

With regards to the track roster - we've been pretty clear that for the *new* tracks, the goal has been to provide more variety and attempt a different IP (or source game) for each of the 16 new tracks. Last time everyone complained that we had 8 effective IP's with 3 tracks each, and even though those did have a lot of variety, more IP's were desired.

TBH - we're not even really talking about the *Classic* tracks - as it's not something we're really supposed to discuss in any real detail jst yet, which is likely why this is all getting very confusing. These are returning tracks from the previous game and given we can only cram so many IP's into the game for many really boring licensing reasons - may mirror an IP which exists in the new tracks.

So yes there may be two Jet Set Radio tracks - but that doesn't mean they're from the same source game (they might or might not be) - nor do they share any assets (they don't - the new track is completely new).

I don't think this is too hard a concept to understand, but then I'm in the enviable position of knowing all the facts since I sit slap bang in the middle of things.

If it's confused some of you then of course we apologise for the mixed messages - we know you're trying to piece together information form all over the place - but then that's why we do come and visit the forums to clear things like this up. That doesn't mean we can't have some fun with it mind, especially when we think people are being purposely obtuse smile.png

And you may draw your own conclusions for that - or wait for official announcements - surely that's part of the fun of speculating quite what we're doing.

But mostly - please try and play nicer! I can happily stop all our forum activities if all it does is incite riots as I really prefer to avoid that kind of thing!

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 3