Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

Deargodwhy.jpg

You'd think after THREE games of previous usage would turn then off to this.

Seaside Hill is becomming the new Green Hill Zone in terms of overexposure.

Deargodwhy.jpg

You'd think after THREE games of previous usage would turn then off to this.

Seaside Hill is becomming the new Green Hill Zone in terms of overexposure.

Isn't it four games?

Isn't it four games?

Coutning this game:GenerationsLondon OlympicsThe original ASR Yep, four.

No, Mario and Sonic Winter had it too, so ASRT is the fifth. I meant not including it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really have any problems with Seaside Hill returning.

Hell, the Seaside Hill tracks from ASR were my favourite, they were fun and glorious to play through. And I'd rather have them before those... Annoying... Cheap... God Damned Rage-Inducing Super Monkey Ball tracks.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's about as close as we could approximate. There is some horrible cheating going on in the 2d side scroller. They only draw the foremost mountains, and clip the rest out... That means you always get to see the background. Erm, it's hard to explain, but as we have a fully 3d environment, with multiple players, the best we could do is an approximation, which tries to keep as much of the spirit of the original 2d game. This one was probably the hardest track to get working... Other problems included the fact we have real time lighting, and yet an unrealistic world. Where do you put lights in spring valley? The upside down world was unlit by the lights from above which point down. So, 2 separate light sets, which required new code had to be used.

This is one of the many reasons why I love the guys from Sumo posting here. I never would have thought about where the lighting in such a situation could come from, but now that it's on my mind it seems like such an obvious issue. It's like our own behind-the-scenes look.

• Thumbs Up 7

Hell, the Seaside Hill tracks from ASR were my favourite, they were fun and glorious to play through. And I'd rather have them before those... Annoying... Cheap... God Damned Rage-Inducing Super Monkey Ball tracks.

The Super Monkey Ball tracks really weren't that bad at all. Learn to drift or pick a character with better handling.

Now, Lava Lair? Fuck that stage. The section inside of the volcano had horrifically spaced gaps which constantly fucked up everyone.

Edited by Chooch

So Sonic has Seaside hill and Death Egg. I hope for one brand new track and that would be me happy. If not, I'll be a wee bit disappointed with Seaside hill act 6.

At this point, I don't even think Sumo had a say in the matter regarding Seaside Hill.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic get's two returning stages? What happened to giving more IPs stages?

Edited by MarcelloF

So, Seaside Hill again. Well, whatever, I'll be spending all of my time on Spring Valley. I wonder if there will be two NiGHTS stages? That'd be pretty intense. I'd vote Soft Museum, but aside from the museum and the lack of water, it's fairly similar to Spring Valley. But throw in some Puffy and Jackle arenas and you've got yourself a pretty fucking awesome stage.

I thought sumo said NO HEROES STAGES would be in the game. And if seaside hill is in, then i hope it's just one of the old stages returning.

Sonic get's two returning stages? What happened to giving more IPs stages?

urgh... Are you sure you're a fan? You're just so bitter.

• Thumbs Up 2

urgh... Are you sure you're a fan? You're just so bitter.

I'm not bitter just because I don't like a few things about this game.

However, I'm starting to be resentful towards Sumo.

• Thumbs Up 1

The box art doesn't contain any art from the levels. I *think* it's the loop from ASR being reused.

Today is the first I've seen of the box art (that's not been done at SUMO) but I actually quite like it. I think it will stand out better than the last one on the store shelves, (I thought the last cover was just noisy enough to look like camoflage from a distance... Not a great selling tool) If it works (even if they just show more Sonic) it's good for every one... SEGA, SUMO and you guys. Fingers crossed it looks good on the shelves.

I'm not bitter just because I don't like a few things about this game.

However, I'm starting to be resentful towards Sumo.

Do I not get to voice my opinions? (Perhaps I don't have any?) Is it not nice when someone is being negative to you?

Edited by SumoRex
  • Thumbs Up 4

I don't mind the boxart. I kinda wish that Sonic doesn't hog up most of it but other then that it looks fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I agree. Seaside is not my favourite zone in the sonic franchise, but the tracks were one of the best in the previous SASR so i'm really fine with its return too. Edited by Djawed

I don't mind the boxart. I kinda wish that Sonic doesn't hog up most of it but other then that it looks fine.

I feel you, bro. We just have to remember that it's Sonic's name selling this game more than anything, so if he's on the front as much as possible, I guess it'll sell more. I think a better way to show the transforming aspect of the game would've been to have several characters, all in different forms, some in mid-transformation from air-to-land, air-to-sea, etc.

But whatever, just throw Sonic on there five times, that works, too. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

The box art doesn't contain any art from the levels. I *think* it's the loop from ASR being reused.

Today is the first I've seen of the box art (that's not been done at SUMO) but I actually quite like it. I think it will stand out better than the last one on the store shelves, (I thought the last cover was just noisy enough to look like camoflage from a distance... Not a great selling tool) If it works (even if they just show more Sonic) it's good for every one... SEGA, SUMO and you guys. Fingers crossed it looks good on the shelves.

I never really thought much of the old box art for the same reason. It's a bit of a shame they didn't use a character from another franchise in Eggman's place in this one though, as much as I love the big guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

The box art doesn't contain any art from the levels.

DAMN IT.

Oh well, I sure hope Seaside Hill gets in. I had the most fun with those stages. Specially Whale Lagoon, one cannot simply get tired of that stage. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Do I not get to voice my opinions? (Perhaps I don't have any?)

Because I totally said that, right? Hell, I even addressed that when S0L mentioned the same.

Am I allowed to voice my opinions without you being an ass to me? I wasn't the only one who complained about Seaside Hill or the boxart, you know.